ImageImageImageImageImage

UNEXPECTED summer scenarios

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Indy2LA
Junior
And1: 271

Re: UNEXPECTED summer scenarios 

Post#21 » by Indy2LA » Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm

The best young players in every league (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...) are great from the beginning.

NBA: Ben Simmons, Karl Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, Jayson Tatum
NFL: Odell Beckham, Zeke Elliott, Carson Wentz, Todd Gurley
MLB: Bryce Harper, Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa

They didn't need a few years to develop. That's why I truly doubt that Lonzo will be great. Not that I've already given up on him, but look at what Jayson Tatum is doing. They are the same age. We could have drafted Tatum with the #2 overall pick (and we should have, clearly). I hope he comes around but let's stop pretending a kid who shot 36% for the season is going to turn into a superstar.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#22 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Indy2LA wrote:The best young players in every league (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...) are great from the beginning.

They didn't need a few years to develop. That's why I truly doubt that Lonzo will be great. Not that I've already given up on him, but look at what Jayson Tatum is doing. They are the same age. We could have drafted Tatum with the #2 overall pick (and we should have, clearly). I hope he comes around but let's stop pretending a kid who shot 36% for the season is going to turn into a superstar.

Well yeah or else they wouldn't be the "best young" players. Curry took long enough to show how great he was that he had a discounted contract. Oladipo turned quite a corner this year. Harden blew up a few years later. You can cherry pick either way. But saying the "best young" players are players that perform immediately, that's pretty obvious.
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#23 » by larry14r » Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Indy2LA wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe also suggested if the Lakers strike out on everything, if they would consider trading some of the young guys to OKC for Westbrook. Personally, I wouldn’t do that.

I pray no one would.

You wouldn't trade Lonzo Ball for Russell Westbrook? :crazy:

No you f'in moron.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by larry14r » Mon May 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Indy2LA wrote:The best young players in every league (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...) are great from the beginning.

Well we needed a PG the second we traded Russell away, and we already have Ingram. Plus Tatum had less pressure on him because he players like Irving helping him. Oh by the by the way a certain QB in LA got better in his second year so put that in your straw and suck it, suck it long, and suck it hard.
Indy2LA
Junior

Post#25 » by Indy2LA » Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm

larry14r wrote:

Well we needed a PG the second we traded Russell away, and we already have Ingram. Plus Tatum had less pressure on him because he players like Irving helping him. Oh by the by the way a certain QB in LA got better in his second year so put that in your straw and suck it, suck it long, and suck it hard.

Is that you Lavar?

Lonzo Ball was ranked 170th out of 179 qualified players in 3 point percentage and 130th out of 130 qualified players in field goal percentage. Dead last. Jayson Tatum was ranked 8th out of 170 and 48th out of 130 respectively. Maybe it's time to realize Lonzo isn't going to be the guy we hoped to draft with the #2 overall pick. He shot 55% at UCLA (41% from 3 point range). Where the hell is that?

I don't know how many Dodgers fans are on here but I'm sure they will all remember this. We wouldn't give up Joc Pederson to get Cole Hamels in 2015. Now Joc Pederson is a below average player and Cole Hamels still looks like an ace. He looks like the same guy who won World Series MVP with the Philies. Three straight all-star seasons and a no-hitter for the Texas Rangers.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-zack-greinke-cole-hamels-hot-stove-clayton-kershaw-ken-rosenthal-120515
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by larry14r » Mon May 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Indy2LA wrote:
larry14r wrote:

Is that you Lavar?

Lonzo Ball was ranked 170th out of 179 qualified players in 3 point percentage and 130th out of 130 qualified players in field goal percentage. Dead last. Jayson Tatum was ranked 8th out of 170 and 48th out of 130 respectively. Maybe it's time to realize Lonzo isn't going to be the guy we hoped to draft with the #2 overall pick. He shot 55% at UCLA (41% from 3 point range). Where the hell is that?

I don't know how many Dodgers fans are on here but I'm sure they will all remember this. We wouldn't give up Joc Pederson to get Cole Hamels in 2015. Now Joc Pederson is a below average player and Cole Hamels has pitched three straight seasons looking like an ace. The same guy who won World Series MVP with the Philies. Three all-star seasons and a no-hitter for the Texas Rangers.

Trading a future superstar like Pedro Martinez could really hurt your team but overvaluing a prospect like Joc Pederson (or Lonzo Ball in this case) could hold you back from winning a Championship.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-zack-greinke-cole-hamels-hot-stove-clayton-kershaw-ken-rosenthal-120515

Call me LaVar one more time it will be the last thing you'll ever do. Also it wouldn't matter because Houston will still had beaten the Dodgers anyways because the'll a why to F things up. So moral of the story don't give yourself a reason to get punched in the face.
Indy2LA
Junior

Post#27 » by Indy2LA » Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm

larry14r wrote:
Indy2LA wrote:
larry14r wrote:

Is that you Lavar?

I don't know how many Dodgers fans are on here but I'm sure they will all remember this. We wouldn't give up Joc Pederson to get Cole Hamels in 2015. Now Joc Pederson is a below average player and Cole Hamels has pitched three straight seasons looking like an ace. The same guy who won World Series MVP with the Philies. Three all-star seasons and a no-hitter for the Texas Rangers.

Trading a future superstar like Pedro Martinez could really hurt your team but overvaluing a prospect like Joc Pederson (or Lonzo Ball in this case) could hold you back from winning a Championship.

Call me LaVar one more time it will be the last thing you'll ever do.

Threaten me again and I'll give you another dead tooth :wink:
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by larry14r » Mon May 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Indy2LA wrote:
larry14r wrote:
Indy2LA wrote:
Is that you Lavar?

Get off the computer and come make me.
Indy2LA
Junior

Post#29 » by Indy2LA » Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

larry14r wrote:
Indy2LA wrote:
larry14r wrote:

Get off the computer and come make me.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers