ImageImageImageImageImage

Breaking news: LABron confirmed 4 years $154 mill

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

hyeballerxx
Ballboy
And1: 25

Re: The Offseason Of Redemption. Lakers Rumors, Trades, Signings 2018. 

Post#21 » by hyeballerxx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Slink wrote:https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/9/17444336/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-josh-hart-playoffs-tampering-twitter

The Los Angeles Lakers have the fourth-longest active playoff drought in the NBA and the longest one in their franchise history after not cracking the postseason since a 2013 first-round loss to the San Antonio Spurs, but Josh Hart and Kyle Kuzma are here to tell you that futility is at an end.

After the Golden State Warriors swept the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals and kicked off what is almost sure to be a full month of rumors about LeBron James’ free agency intentions, Kuzma took to Twitter with a warning for fans not to believe everything they hear:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#23 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 am

ak7 wrote:https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-06-10-chris-and-caron-dwyane-wade/

Enjoy ;)

i think you were referring to when dwade basically repeated what lebron said about prioritizing his family in his fa decision, then for anybody wondering, it’s at 2:20.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#24 » by NBAWestFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 pm

I don't think you trade the young guys yet.

Lebron wants to win titles and he has enough $$

He will get a big contract but winning is important to him and he has to see what KD did to keep some important bench players to win a title.

If you can get Lebron for less than max like KD. 25 million then you have some room.

PG will want the Max but if you can get him to come down a little too like 5 miilion off the max then you will have even more room.

They can even sign a little shorter contracts like KD did if that is what it takes.

This might free up 10 to 12 million in order to sign some shooters that will be key for a title run.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#25 » by Archx » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

"Gary Payton said Bronny James is committed to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles "

And since Lebron said his family will be the deciding factor, if GP is right, then it means Lebron will come to LA aswell.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#26 » by Revived » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Archx wrote:"Gary Payton said Bronny James is committed to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles "

And since Lebron said his family will be the deciding factor, if GP is right, then it means Lebron will come to LA aswell.

Read on Twitter
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#27 » by ak7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Revived wrote:
Archx wrote:"Gary Payton said Bronny James is committed to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles "

Read on Twitter

I doubt Chris Palmer talked to anyone. He’s the biggest hack in the league. He “bet his career” on his reporting that Dwight Howard was returning to the Lakers. Didn’t even know he was still around.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Post#28 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

I doubt a school would volunteer that info either way
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#29 » by gts1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Danny Darko wrote:I doubt a school would volunteer that info either way
well they certainly would not verify but they would deny just to keep the phones from ringing unnecessarily...lol
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#30 » by Slink » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 am

Grown ass man calling a school asking about young boys? What could go wrong?

AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#31 » by AGAVE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 am

Slink wrote:

Grown ass man calling a school asking about young boys? What could go wrong?

Oh thats right
Comey and MCabe are gone now.
Carry on!
Respect Elgin Baylor
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#32 » by One Love » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Sounds like there is some LBJ momentum, which is interesting, but I still want to lock up PG first... Don’t really want CP3 at his age with bad hammys... I can’t wait until July 1st...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#33 » by dockingsched » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Since the start of the offseason seems to be exclusively focused on Lebron’s decision, any way there can be a separate thread to track rumors/speculation/reports related to his decision? So many long and crazy trade ideas in this thread overshadow those type of posts.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

LBJ Rumors/News 

Post#34 » by Kilroy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Heard something about King James? Post that **** here.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Re: LBJ Rumors/News 

Post#35 » by Slava » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#36 » by ak7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Slava wrote:http://shentertainment.com/about.html

It's the worst kept secret in the league, I swear.
jay51024
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#37 » by jay51024 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#38 » by Dloading99 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 am

Just Like I been saying on here read the posts.

This Lebron move isn't about Basketball. it's about Lebron wanting to be in L.A. and now you see the reports what Duwayne Wade said. it's not about Basketball it's not a basketball move.

Been trying to tell yall.

And everyone wants to talk about trade scenarios. Look the dude is building two houses in L.A. he just wants to be here. this is a move they all want to make to relocate out here. been saying his whole team has already relocated out here.

and it's about Business. everybody is talking about Hollywood. Lebron don't care about that he can make his movies from Cleveland. Lebron wants to be a big business player out here. and Magic his going to help with that. he wants to be the next Magic Johnson.

Moves on the DL like being a part owner of Blaze Pizza.

So he'll play basketball out here but he can do all of his business. and he wants to be in Ownership. Lebron will find a court anywhere. he can still hoop in a big market. play with a team that has players who can be championship players with Lebron it's a win win for him oh and he gets Paul George.

Lonzo is going to have to improve his game I think that can happen. But Lebron already thinks Lonzo can be great. Just make sure Lavar doesn't say anything stupid and this is a Layup.

Savanah and Lebron been looking at schools he already said he was coming out here Last season. They all Like L.A. and he's going to just play.

all the trades Lebron aint about that he's cool. his spot is solidified. everyone in the NBA knows he beat the great Warrior team. that was his rivalry. Kevin Durant was never part of that rivalry. Kevin Durant was part of the OKC Golden State rivalry. and Lebron already beat Durant with Harden and Westbrook. so Golden state had to get Durant to beat him. He's cool with his NBA stardom. let the ESPN people debate that. Dude just wants to chill in Cali and play some ball. Enjoy the Magic press conference and get your popcorn.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#39 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#40 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 am

Is it me or all the stars starting to align for signing both PG and Lebron....don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it will happen or that I fully understand it fromtheir ends, but the evidence is overwhelming, and that's very exciting as a Laker fan.

Here is the timeline....

Feb 2017- The Lakers remove Mitch and co and install Magic and Rob...signalling a new regime with a modern perspective. Interestingly, Magic is known for his likability and influence around the league, and Rob is someone who knows exactly what players want as an agent.....implying a regime built for attracting free agents and finding ways to bend the rules in terms of communications as opposed to the play it by the books boring as hell Mitch/Jim regime.

Trade deadline 2017- Paul George to Lakers rumors really start to heat up. The Lakers don't really try to make any moves with the Pacers though....talks don't go too far.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-deadline-paul-georges-focus-on-lakers-pacers-could-scare-off-other-teams/

June 2017- PG doesn't qualify for supermax, making his biggest incentive for staying a Pacer nonexistent. Rumors get more and more prominent about PG being "set on being a Laker" and his team telling the lakers to not trade any pieces for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-paul-george-telling-friends-he-plans-to-play-for-lakers-in-2018/
NBA Draft 2017-A couple of days before the draft, the Lakers trade Russell to get rid of Moz and officially become one Clarkson move away from two max spaces. Trade seemed extra confident...almost as the FO knows something we don't. PG is traded the Thunder for a deal that (at the time) the lakers could have beaten with ease...by for example including Russell who we traded anyways....is the FO really incompetent, really overconfident, or do they really know something at this point? Important to add...teams like the Celtics didn't offer much for PG, because they believed he was too risky due to his LA ambitions.

Summer 2017- Kyrie is traded, hurting Cleveland's 2018 championship and future significantly. It wouldn't be a reach to think that he atleast had his doubts about Lebron staying after 2018. Also, many rumors come around this time that Jeanie Buss has talked to Maverick Carter.

https://hoopshype.com/2017/06/08/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-2018-free-agency/

Additionally, a popular theory starts involving Spacejam 2 and Lebron James.
https://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/lebron-lakers-space-jam-2/

A theory that resurfaces in less than a year in June/2018.

Another reports cites Lebrons wife wanting to live in LA.

https://hoopshype.com/2017/06/19/lebron-james-wife-los-angeles-lakers-clippers/

A further report clearifies that Lebron has no interest in playing for the Clippers. Meanwhile, the Lakers sign KCP, represented by Lebron's agent, and Magic has a full on bromance with Rich Paul at the press conference. When all of this is happening, PG13 is far from commited to OKC...in fact, his responses seemed like the bare minimum attempt to be politically correct.

Lebron attends a Laker summer league and mysteriously throws up an L while leaving the arena.

Finally, the Lakers don't even talk to any free agents that are demanding longer deals, and don't get involved in trades for Kyrie or Jimmy Butler.

Feb2018- The Lakers trade Clarkson, making the two maxes scenario official without needing any further moves.

April 2018- The Thunder lose in the first round.
June 2018- The Cavs are swept in the NBA finals, and a billion other reports are released regarding Lebron going to the Lakers due to entertainment reasons, Lebron wanting to focus on family and consequently rumors of his son playing HS ball in LA.
Kuzma and Hart post cryptic tweets that show a sense of overconfidence about the Lakers getting better...possibly just kids being overconfident, but interesting nevertheless. I mean what would Josh freaking Hart know about All Star Paul George's FA plans. Well.....just today, reports and videos came out having Hart and PG hanging out at a Fortnite event....

https://streamable.com/6ufcf

Meanwhile the PG things is widely mocked around the league as a sure thing such as Mccollum's interview.

Again, Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this will happen or even that I'm extremely confident that it'll happen. I'm just saying, while every one of those tidbits or "sources" can be questioned or doubted in some way, the overall number of such reports is overwhelming....something we never saw with other media-driven LA free Agency hype campaigns. Hard not to be excited right now as a LAker fan, but considering how everything went from 2013-2016, it's hard to not be concerned about getting let down in a painful way, so I remain skeptical regardless.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers