ImageImageImageImageImage

How many big time names will the lakers get?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

How many stars come?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 pm

0 (lakers strike out)
18%
25%
33%
18%
No votes
5 (cp3/George/Leonard/lebron/cousins)
6%

Total votes: 51

Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: How many big time names will the lakers get? 

Post#21 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm

milesfides wrote:The Rockets were up against the Warriors 3-2 before CP got hurt and missed the last two games. Hate him or love him, CP's going down as a top-5 point guard of all time - at least.

Lebron has long bemoaned the lack of another playmaker, and cited the Warriors' collective intelligence as the biggest challenge.

And I doubt Lebron chooses Lonzo over CP.

I see them making moves together.

So we’re just going to remake an older, lesser version of those Heat teams that underachieved? At a time when we’re trying to knock off a historically dominant team, that didn’t exist when those Heat where underachieving?
Numbers rule the universe.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 948

Post#22 » by Slink » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

TKainZero wrote:
Slink wrote:I voted zero. I won't believe anything until we see someone in a Lakers jersey. But if Lakers do sign LBJ and PG then I just hope they won't sacrifice the young guys for a third star.

I think last time I made this thread the lakers got mozgov and deng

I mean.. I can’t go worse

Difference is Mitch and Jim were in charge. I have more faith in Magic and Pelinka.
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#23 » by larry14r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Slink wrote:
TKainZero wrote:
Slink wrote:I voted zero. I won't believe anything until we see someone in a Lakers jersey. But if Lakers do sign LBJ and PG then I just hope they won't sacrifice the young guys for a third star.

I think last time I made this thread the lakers got mozgov and deng

I mean.. I can’t go worse

Difference is Mitch and Jim were in charge. I have more faith in Magic and Pelinka.

Doesn't matter we still can lose.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

How many big time names will the lakers get? 

Post#24 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm

am i the only one keeping expectations low to avoid another offseason of major disappointment and sadness?
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#25 » by hazy_01 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Sign Lebron and PG

Extend & waive Deng, somehow fit Randle under the cap, re-sign Brolo with MLE, and draft Aaron Holiday with the 25th pick & Mykhailiuk with the 47th pick. Fill the rest with ring chasers (ex: Frye, Brewer, etc)

Brolo/Zubac/Bryant
Lebron/Randle
Ingram/Kuzma/Mykhailiuk
PG/Hart
Ball/Holiday/Caruso

8-man core rotation with Brolo/Randle/Lebron/PG/Ball/Randle/Kuzma/Hart.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#26 » by Dloading99 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Glad Lakers don't have Kobe at the Meetings. after his recent comments. Kobe talking crazy. we don't need another Dwight howard meeting Lol.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#27 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am

Read on Twitter

They better deliver
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,349

Post#28 » by d00lttle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 am

larry14r wrote:
ak7 wrote:PG, LeBron, and Kawhi... Lonzo, Deng, and BI gone to SAS.

We're not giving them all that for a rental. Are you f'in nuts. Also who plays PG.

Lebron plays PG on offence, plus both PG and Kawhi are good ball handlers and can run the PnR. On defence both PG and Kawhi can guard point guards.

Imagine the trouble Steph will have when playing this no-PG lineup. He'll have to guard either PG or Kawhi, either of which can abuse him in the post.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 am

d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:

We're not giving them all that for a rental. Are you f'in nuts. Also who plays PG.

Lebron plays PG on offence, plus both PG and Kawhi are good ball handlers and can run the PnR. On defence both PG and Kawhi can guard point guards.

Imagine the trouble Steph will have when playing this no-PG lineup. He'll have to guard either PG or Kawhi, either of which can abuse him in the post.

Josh Hart would actually be a perfect “PG” in that lineup. Forgot who mentioned it, but he’d totally be a modern Derek Fisher.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#30 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

They better deliver

Oh man!
This is killing me. I can’t wait until The draft and free agency.
I have a feeling we will be major players for LBJ, PG, and CP.
Formerly lakerRD
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by larry14r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 am

lakerRD wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

They better deliver

Oh man!
This is killing me. I can’t wait until The draft and free agency.
I have a feeling we will be major players for LBJ, PG, and CP.

Let's see CP is still going to end up back in Houston. We'll be lucky to get one or two of those dudes
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by larry14r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 am

d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:

It still change the fact that we suck at drafting pgs, and Lavar will call us pussies till the end of time. So we'll never escape him.
d00lttle
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by d00lttle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:55 am

larry14r wrote:
d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:

It still change the fact that we suck at drafting pgs, and Lavar will call us pussies till the end of time. So we'll never escape him.

Who's Lavar? I honestly think one of the ways to beat the Warriors is to play no point guard, just a bunch of 6'7"-6"10" guys that can switch on everything and never be in a mismatch (Boston is almost there). Of course you will still need an elite playmaker, e.g. Lebron.
d00lttle
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by d00lttle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 am

triple post
d00lttle
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by d00lttle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 am

double post
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by larry14r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 am

d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:
d00lttle wrote:

Who's Lavar? I honestly think one of the ways to beat the Warriors is to play no point guard, just a bunch of 6'7"-6"10" guys that can switch on everything and never be in a mismatch (Boston is almost there). Of course you will still need an elite playmaker, e.g. Lebron.

Yeah, but quicker ones will run circles around us which has been a problem for the last 20 years, and when LeBron ages teams will run circles around him too. Also you know who I'm talking about LaVar Ball Lonzo's dad, and I'm going to side with him for once because our training staff sucks, and our fan base is a bunch of pussies we cry about every single thing that goes one here.
d00lttle
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by d00lttle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 am

larry14r wrote:
d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:

Yeah, but quicker ones will run circles around us which has been a problem for the last 20 years, and when LeBron ages teams will run circles around him too. Also you know who I'm talking about LaVar Ball Lonzo's dad, and I'm going to side with him for once because our training staff sucks, and our fan base is a bunch of pussies we cry about every single thing that goes one here.

Lebron is only here for 1+1. Wins 2 championships and splits, either back to Cleveland or to an even more stacked team, lol. We get PG13 and Kawhi to sign long-term contracts. I'm ready to ride with a core of those 2.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by larry14r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

d00lttle wrote:
larry14r wrote:
d00lttle wrote:

Lebron is only here for 1+1. Wins 2 championships and splits, either back to Cleveland or to an even more stacked team, lol. We get PG13 and Kawhi to sign long-term contracts. I'm ready to ride with a core of those 2.

And with a few holes to fill which we will have no money for. Also Spurs don't want need Ball because they a young guard, but they will take Ingram from us though. Also GS will make sure that we don't get out of the west alive especially when they have the four horsemen together.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#39 » by ak7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm

I've changed my mind. I see Lillard, LBJ, and PG.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by larry14r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm

ak7 wrote:I've changed my mind. I see Lillard, LBJ, and PG.

In your dreams.

Warned for baiting, which has been happening throughout several posts.
DD

Return to Los Angeles Lakers