ImageImageImageImageImage

How many big time names will the lakers get?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

How many stars come?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 pm

0 (lakers strike out)
18%
25%
33%
18%
No votes
5 (cp3/George/Leonard/lebron/cousins)
6%

Total votes: 51

Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: How many big time names will the lakers get? 

Post#61 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Penberthy wrote:If we theoretically strike out and just resign Randle, IT+Lopez (1 yr deals)

Ball IT Ennis
Hart IT Svi
Ingram Kuz Bonga
Randle Kuz Wagner
Lopez Wagner ZuBryant

How far does that team go?

I’d call up Favors and Reddick first and gauge their interest in 1 year deals before I offered to Lopez and IT. Otherwise, I’d say 45ish wins would be realistic for that team.
Numbers rule the universe.
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#62 » by No name » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Man. I'm a very rational and reasonable man. Not a knee jerk kind of guy. With that said, I'm starting to think that the KL things may have affected the Lakers chances of getting PG. I'm hoping PG isn't thin skinned about not being the best looking girl at the dance in the Lakers eyes.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#63 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Penberthy wrote:If we theoretically strike out and just resign Randle, IT+Lopez (1 yr deals)

Ball IT Ennis
Hart IT Svi
Ingram Kuz Bonga
Randle Kuz Wagner
Lopez Wagner ZuBryant

I’d call up Favors and Reddick first and gauge their interest in 1 year deals before I offered to Lopez and IT. Otherwise, I’d say 45ish wins would be realistic for that team.

Yeah, agreed. Reddick, Barton, Smart, Belinelli, etc. better be made priority. If we don't stretch Deng, we'd have $46M in cap space.

We better land more than IT and Brook Lopez with $46M.

IT= 10M, 1 year
Lopez= 15M, 1 year
Barton/Reddick= 20M, 1 year
Ariza= 4.5M, 1 year, room exception

You add that to our line-up:

PG: Ball/IT/
SG: Barton/Hart/Svi/Newman
SF: Ingram/Ariza/
PF: Randle/ Kuzma/
C: Lopez/Wagner/Bryant

Throw a couple more veterans at minimum deals and that's a 45-50 win team.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#64 » by gts1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 pm

I can easily see the Lakers missing out this summer.... Not that that would be a bad thing other than appearances after all the noise about the new FO bringing the Lakers back to their glory days. I've always been fine with going to war with the kids, I'd be more than happy to see the Lakers end up with just George or Leonard...

for once I think the league isn't waiting on Lebron to be the first move then the dominos fall... I think Lebron is waiting on George and to a lesser extent seeing how Leonards' situation plays out before he makes his commitment.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#65 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Ball IT Ennis
Hart IT Svi
Ingram Kuz Bonga
Randle Kuz Wagner
Lopez Wagner ZuBryant

Yeah, agreed. Reddick, Barton, Smart, Belinelli, etc. better be made priority. If we don't stretch Deng, we'd have $46M in cap space.

We better land more than IT and Brook Lopez with $46M.

IT= 10M, 1 year
Lopez= 15M, 1 year
Barton/Reddick= 20M, 1 year
Ariza= 4.5M, 1 year, room exception

You add that to our line-up:

PG: Ball/IT/
SG: Barton/Hart/Svi/Newman
SF: Ingram/Ariza/
PF: Randle/ Kuzma/
C: Lopez/Wagner/Bryant

Throw a couple more veterans at minimum deals and that's a 45-50 win team.

Agreed. Some nice pieces out there in a year when not a whole lot of teams have cap space outside of us. We should be able to put together a playoff caliber squad even without PG, assuming we bring back Randle and our key young players keep improving.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#66 » by Pythagoras » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 pm

gts1 wrote:I can easily see the Lakers missing out this summer.... Not that that would be a bad thing other than appearances after all the noise about the new FO bringing the Lakers back to their glory days. I've always been fine with going to war with the kids, I'd be more than happy to see the Lakers end up with just George or Leonard...

for once I think the league isn't waiting on Lebron to be the first move then the dominos fall... I think Lebron is waiting on George and to a lesser extent seeing how Leonards' situation plays out before he makes his commitment.

I can get over on missing out on all the big names, but man, I tell you what... We’d be coming up on half a decade of consistently missing all of our targets in FA, even with a new regime in charge. It’s time to do some soul searching and figure out why that is...
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#67 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Going with 2. I genuinly think with Cleveland not doing anything that we get Lebron and with the OKC thing with Melo, i think George comes also.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers