ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think is Ball's value is at this point?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: What do you think is Ball's value is at this point? 

Post#21 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 pm

TyCobb wrote:Just gonna break it down real quick... Lonzo Ball is not a finished product. Lonzo Ball is not done developing. Lonzo Ball has take-over mentality. Lonzo Ball has the best IQ in the game. If you understand basketball, you will realize you put him at PG and you can put any type of player next to him. LeBron and PG didn't say he is a guy you want to play with for no reason. He is the real deal.

I was with ya till here..... How did you come to this conclusion?

I think he's got the makings of a good player but I've seen nothing that tells me he's a future Larry Bird type of guy who is one of the best BBIQ guys I've ever seen. He has a loooong way to go to be even a balanced player at this time. A PG shooting what he does from the FT line is a guy a good coach subs out in the final minutes of close games. Your evaluation has a lot of speculation as to his ability to improve mightily in some pretty basic parts of the game.

I'd think he's tradable on our end given the mentality of the FO..... do other GM's agree? That is the true evaluation IMHO. If he's a centerpiece that brings Leonard here you do that in a heartbeat if you're bringing in an old LeBron.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#22 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 pm

No name wrote:I think that latter is more reasonable if you are attaching Deng. Nobody will help the Lakers create a super team so attaching Deng loses even more value than just Deng's cap hit. Ball straight up is worth picks 2-5 in my mind. I'm a Lonzo fan.

None of those four teams would make that move. Hell, I'd be curious to see just how many teams would swap him for a lottery pick, period. Not to say none of them would, but I'd be willing to bet there aren't many.

A lot of that is down to the fact that, like new cars once they're driven off the lot, most draft picks lose a ton of value once they're made. So the fact that Lonzo went second means zilch. And then when you look at the holes he's going to have to fix to become a prime-time player, why would any of those teams take that risk when they're looking at the unspoiled potential of what looks to be a really intriguing cast of prospects at the top of the draft?

Hell, if we could do it over, I'd much rather try my luck with one of the incoming bigs, even outside of Ayton, rather than gamble he's going to make what would essentially be historically unprecedented improvement with his broke-ass shot. And unless he can do that, he's just going to be a huge source of frustration -- excellent all-around game spoiled by a critical flaw.
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#23 » by larry14r » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:37 pm

ak7 wrote:
larry14r wrote:I think Lonzo is going to seperate himself from his dad soon because he might think there are better management out there for him.

Yeah, that's probably not ever happening. Why would it? His father has been there for the entirety of Lonzo's life, it's his father. If you want Lonzo, you also have to be willing to take Lavar. The Lakers haven't shut him up, I doubt any franchise is willing to take the chance.

It's a much bigger red flag in my opinion if a player is willing to cut ties with his father for a "management" company.

Michael Jackson fired his dad and it turned out well. Expect the dying part.
LakersDynasty14
Senior
And1: 513

Post#24 » by LakersDynasty14 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:11 am

I wouldn’t trade Lonzo for anything less then Anthony Davis, KD or Giannis.

Ball has the potential to be the greatest PG in NBA history, you trade that kind of talent for anything less than a top 5 player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
biscuittoman
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#25 » by biscuittoman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 am

Why are we trading him again...?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:58 am

Pretty low. I've said it before, i'd do 3 or 4 (or even 5/6) for Ball if it meant we landed Luka Doncic (who would be a better fit next to Lebron and Leonard whilst fitting with this young core either way).
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,939

Post#27 » by Effigy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm

biscuittoman wrote:Why are we trading him again...?

I would assume because Lebron wants him out. Makes sense, what value would Lonzo have with Lebron? Lebron controls the ball and Lonzo can't shoot.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Effigy wrote:

I would assume because Lebron wants him out. Makes sense, what value would Lonzo have with Lebron? Lebron controls the ball and Lonzo can't shoot.

Well guess what if Lonzo, and we fail to win a title with LeBron. Then LaVar will talk so much **** we'll never hear the end of it.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,939

Post#29 » by Effigy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 pm

larry14r wrote:
Effigy wrote:

Well guess what if Lonzo, and we fail to win a title with LeBron. Then LaVar will talk so much **** we'll never hear the end of it.

Yeah, but if he's doing it in Atlanta will anyone even hear him?
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Effigy wrote:
larry14r wrote:
Effigy wrote:

World wide Web.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

larry14r wrote:
Effigy wrote:
larry14r wrote:

World wide Web.

Also how the hell we can beat GS with a team of Small Forwards. Lakers suck at drafting and eventually they will need a true PG which we have been bitching about the last 20 years for.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#32 » by Mirjalovic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Ball is a generational point guard

You guys never saw his likeness thats why you guys confused and think bad about him. You guys were wrong too about Randle who had unique playstyle and you guys cant stomach it. Just wait
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#33 » by tviper » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I don't want to trade Ball, despite the circus. The more I look at the cap and options, the more I am convinced that it is essential to move Deng prior to the draft. I am sure Magic is burning up the phone lines, so lets all hope that he can pull off a miracle.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#34 » by Kalidogg24 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I feel bad for Lonzo somewhat.
Somewhat because he needs to tell his Pops to shut up. ASAP on Father’s Day :lol:

Supported his entire career thus far going back to his Chino Hills high school days. I think his father just went too damn far saying whatever team take all 3 of my boys is where the BBB will go.

Anyone think that settled well with the Lakers FO?

Lavar is bat **** crazy and anyone with a right head on their shoulders can see that but basically saying the Big Baller Brand is bigger than the LAKERS BRAND is where I draw the line.

ZO who is Jason Kidd 2.0 has all the tools to be great but if this BS continues the hell with him and his father. Time to move on and I feel this is exactly how Rob and Magic are thinking as well
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Post#35 » by Hank7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 pm

If its true that the Lakers are okay with letting go of Ball, especially if we can obtain Leonard, i'm down for that. IMHO, he is not the generational pg that some people believe. I hope we can keep Randle and Ingram... more so than Kuzma and Ball.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Indy2LA wrote:
TyCobb wrote: Lonzo Ball has the best IQ in the game.

[img]Offensive Content

And your king of it.
Indy2LA
Junior
And1: 271

Post#37 » by Indy2LA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:I wouldn’t trade Lonzo for anything less then Anthony Davis, KD or Giannis.

Ball has the potential to be the greatest PG in NBA history, you trade that kind of talent for anything less than a top 5 player.

This is beyond delusional. It's just stupid. Lavar level homers.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Indy2LA wrote:

LakersDynasty14 wrote:I wouldn’t trade Lonzo for anything less then Anthony Davis, KD or Giannis.

Your not that bright either.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#39 » by ak7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:57 pm

larry14r wrote:
Indy2LA wrote:

Your not that bright either.

Is this a Danny Darko burner account? How does this guy continue to have free reign to insult anybody and everyone, yet the minute I respond to him I eat a 7 day suspension from Danny Darko?
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#40 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Ya'll don't get get it because some of you aren't big ballers. Lavar is saying **** about Lebron and others to keep teams from staying away from Lonzo. Depreciating his trade value so he STAYS with the Lakers.

I want every other team and fanbase out there thinking Lonzo isn't special and his dad is a headache they don't want coz I want the next great PG of the league to stay in purple and gold.

Lebron likes Lonzo. Chris Sheridan can hear all the voices in his head saying Lonzo Lonzo coz he knows if he uses his name he will be brought onto sports center to talk about it and radio shows etc etc. Magic says Lonzo is his heir and now he's gonna trade him after 1 season. GTFO.

Lonzo just has a lot of people who hate him and that blinds them from the elite talent that he is and the elite player he hopefully will become. Keep on thinking he's overrated and his dad is a cancer. We don't mind.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers