ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA X

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1081 » by Landsberger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 am

LakerClipperFan wrote:That said, he led his club to the #Playoffs against all odds - great to see!!

Kuzma nor Ingram has ever sniffed the postseason.

Landsberger wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:He is certainly a better player than anyone we have on our team, aside from LABron of course.

It's great to see young core guys getting their feet wet in the playoffs. Probably my favorite part of the postseason!



What? Have you watched him on defense? He's atrocious. Anyone who's supposedly your best player that gets subbed out offense for defense at the end of close games isn't better than Ingram or Kuzma in overall terms. He's a scorer who shoots in the very low 40% range. His "jump" this year coincides with Dinwiddie injury. He stepped up and the team did good around him. Good for him and good for the Nets but lets not get ahead of ourselves with this. I'd do the Mozgov trade for cap space and Kuzma again.


You really are a Clipper fan... Just making the playoffs isn't a feat to be proud of here in Laker-land. Maybe if your team started in Buffalo it is....

The Lakers will be better off in the long run and are closer to the real goal because of that trade.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 30
Joined: Mar 21, 2019

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1082 » by LakerClipperFan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:25 am

#BenSimmons bounce back game tonight, impressive! I really expected Brooklyn's young core to come out with more energy. They have a nice looking cap space looking into the future, could see a NYK - Brooklyn rivalry in the future!
User avatar
Crooked-I
General Manager
Posts: 7,505
And1: 2,355
Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Location: The tunnels in San Diego
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1083 » by Crooked-I » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 am

Landsberger wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:He is certainly a better player than anyone we have on our team, aside from LABron of course.

It's great to see young core guys getting their feet wet in the playoffs. Probably my favorite part of the postseason!

RamonSessions7 wrote:D’Angelo Russell isn’t a monster tho


What? Have you watched him on defense? He's atrocious. Anyone who's supposedly your best player that gets subbed out offense for defense at the end of close games isn't better than Ingram or Kuzma in overall terms. He's a scorer who shoots in the very low 40% range. His "jump" this year coincides with Dinwiddie injury. He stepped up and the team did good around him. Good for him and good for the Nets but lets not get ahead of ourselves with this. I'd do the Mozgov trade for cap space and Kuzma again.


Josh Hart
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
User avatar
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,477
And1: 7,172
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1084 » by Kilroy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am

132 in a playoff game... Damn... Rip Clippers D.
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
lakerRD
Analyst
Posts: 3,621
And1: 717
Joined: May 16, 2007
       

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1085 » by lakerRD » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:27 pm

LakerClipperFan wrote:#BenSimmons bounce back game tonight, impressive! I really expected Brooklyn's young core to come out with more energy. They have a nice looking cap space looking into the future, could see a NYK - Brooklyn rivalry in the future!


:rofl:
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1086 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:51 am

Crooked-I wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:He is certainly a better player than anyone we have on our team, aside from LABron of course.

It's great to see young core guys getting their feet wet in the playoffs. Probably my favorite part of the postseason!



What? Have you watched him on defense? He's atrocious. Anyone who's supposedly your best player that gets subbed out offense for defense at the end of close games isn't better than Ingram or Kuzma in overall terms. He's a scorer who shoots in the very low 40% range. His "jump" this year coincides with Dinwiddie injury. He stepped up and the team did good around him. Good for him and good for the Nets but lets not get ahead of ourselves with this. I'd do the Mozgov trade for cap space and Kuzma again.


Josh Hart


Nope.... wrong. For some reason a lot of people are getting this wrong around here.

Kuzma was officially drafted by NJ and traded on draft night to the Lakers as part of the Mozgov deal. That pick started in Boston a few years earlier and was attached to the KG/PP trade.

Hart was a pick that originated with GS in 2013 and the Lakers traded Tony Bradley to the Jazz for he and Thomas Bryant. The pick we used for Bradley came from Houston in the Lou Williams deal along with Brewer.

Hart https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hartjo01.html
Kuzma https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01.html
User avatar
Crooked-I
General Manager
Posts: 7,505
And1: 2,355
Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Location: The tunnels in San Diego
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1087 » by Crooked-I » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Crooked-I wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
What? Have you watched him on defense? He's atrocious. Anyone who's supposedly your best player that gets subbed out offense for defense at the end of close games isn't better than Ingram or Kuzma in overall terms. He's a scorer who shoots in the very low 40% range. His "jump" this year coincides with Dinwiddie injury. He stepped up and the team did good around him. Good for him and good for the Nets but lets not get ahead of ourselves with this. I'd do the Mozgov trade for cap space and Kuzma again.


Josh Hart


Nope.... wrong. For some reason a lot of people are getting this wrong around here.

Kuzma was officially drafted by NJ and traded on draft night to the Lakers as part of the Mozgov deal. That pick started in Boston a few years earlier and was attached to the KG/PP trade.

Hart was a pick that originated with GS in 2013 and the Lakers traded Tony Bradley to the Jazz for he and Thomas Bryant. The pick we used for Bradley came from Houston in the Lou Williams deal along with Brewer.

Hart https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hartjo01.html
Kuzma https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01.html


Don't think we're getting it wrong. I think you understand why people are saying it was Hart and not Kuzma so I won't try to explain. Doesn't matter anyway.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1088 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Crooked-I wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Crooked-I wrote:
Josh Hart


Nope.... wrong. For some reason a lot of people are getting this wrong around here.

Kuzma was officially drafted by NJ and traded on draft night to the Lakers as part of the Mozgov deal. That pick started in Boston a few years earlier and was attached to the KG/PP trade.

Hart was a pick that originated with GS in 2013 and the Lakers traded Tony Bradley to the Jazz for he and Thomas Bryant. The pick we used for Bradley came from Houston in the Lou Williams deal along with Brewer.

Hart https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hartjo01.html
Kuzma https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01.html


Don't think we're getting it wrong. I think you understand why people are saying it was Hart and not Kuzma so I won't try to explain. Doesn't matter anyway.


The trades that got us the picks for Kuzma and Hart were independent of each other. The Russell/Mozgov deal brought us Kuzma, who was officially chosen by the Nets and traded to us along with Lopez. The Hart pick was by Utah and traded to us for Bradley.

It's not confusing or hard and I haven't a clue what you are trying to say about me "knowing" something. The move to get Hart had nothing to do with the Russell/Mozgov trade unless I'm missing something. We don't have Kuzma on this team if we don't trade Russell/Mozgov is another way to look at this.

As for it not mattering.... if must have when you corrected my post.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,665
And1: 10,530
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1089 » by dockingsched » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm

The Lakers would’ve gotten Kuzma with our without the Russell trade, seems like a pretty obvious point.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1090 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

dockingsched wrote:The Lakers would’ve gotten Kuzma with our without the Russell trade, seems like a pretty obvious point.


Oh... this again. There is no way to say that for certain. I'd wager that if we didn't rid ourselves of Mozgov we had other trades teed up as plans B, C etc. I'd also wager none of them had Kuzma as a priority with our late first round pick.

Obvious? Not at all. Overly simple evaluation of a dynamic situation. Yeah. One to diminish the fact that we got Kuzma to make it seem like we totally dumped Russell?... Yup. That too.

This is like saying that the Lakers drafted Kobe and then saying well.... we would have gotten him anyway if we hadn't traded Divac.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,555
And1: 28,619
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1091 » by Slava » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Levert is a baller and Atkinson is one hell of a coach. I wish we had an infrastructure conducive to finding those kinds of people and empowering them.
:king:
Michael Lucky
RealGM
Posts: 11,299
And1: 4,708
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
       

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1092 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Landsberger wrote:
dockingsched wrote:The Lakers would’ve gotten Kuzma with our without the Russell trade, seems like a pretty obvious point.


Oh... this again. There is no way to say that for certain. I'd wager that if we didn't rid ourselves of Mozgov we had other trades teed up as plans B, C etc. I'd also wager none of them had Kuzma as a priority with our late first round pick.

Obvious? Not at all. Overly simple evaluation of a dynamic situation. Yeah. One to diminish the fact that we got Kuzma to make it seem like we totally dumped Russell?... Yup. That too.

This is like saying that the Lakers drafted Kobe and then saying well.... we would have gotten him anyway if we hadn't traded Divac.

Ok this again.....it was pretty obvious. Stop making the situation more dynamic than it was simply because you were completely and totally on the get rid of Russell train. We can all make your argument and go forever backwards in history at any point in time and make a claim of plan a,b,c,d that would possibly lead to us not even having any of the players we currently have.
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1093 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
dockingsched wrote:The Lakers would’ve gotten Kuzma with our without the Russell trade, seems like a pretty obvious point.


Oh... this again. There is no way to say that for certain. I'd wager that if we didn't rid ourselves of Mozgov we had other trades teed up as plans B, C etc. I'd also wager none of them had Kuzma as a priority with our late first round pick.

Obvious? Not at all. Overly simple evaluation of a dynamic situation. Yeah. One to diminish the fact that we got Kuzma to make it seem like we totally dumped Russell?... Yup. That too.

This is like saying that the Lakers drafted Kobe and then saying well.... we would have gotten him anyway if we hadn't traded Divac.

Ok this again.....it was pretty obvious. Stop making the situation more dynamic than it was simply because you were completely and totally on the get rid of Russell train. We can all make your argument and go forever backwards in history at any point in time and make a claim of plan a,b,c,d that would possibly lead to us not even having any of the players we currently have.


Again, what was obvious? If Kuzma was off the board do we not trade with the Nets? If he was and we did and we drafted Hart with that pick who did we get?

I don't get how anyone can say that a trade where we sent out Russell and Mozgov while getting back Lopez and Kuzma didn't add Kuzma to the team. Defies logic. To purposefully say that we added Hart is the revisionist blather.

As for my "get rid of Russell" bend... I think he has skill but he isn't a top 2 player on a contender sort. I think that will be shown over time. He's scoring better but that's on more opportunity no necessarily on progress. That said, he'd fit better here next to LeBron than Ingram at the 2 guard IMHO. Then again, we wouldn't have LeBron if we didn't trade him with Mozgov. I think we traded him to clear the way for Ball.
User avatar
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,201
And1: 4,319
Joined: Jun 24, 2005
         

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1094 » by Danny Darko » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 am

Read on Twitter
Image
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1095 » by Landsberger » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter



While it's fun to watch this and call out flopping etc. this is the stuff that will kill the game IMHO. Players who no longer concentrate or focus on playing their opponent but instead are now focusing on cheating their opponent.

I coached AAU for 20 years and bar none Chris Paul was the most corrosive influence I've ever seen on younger players with his flopping and complaining. Looks like the Padawan has finally become the master.

If the NBA had any integrity left they would suspend Harden for 2 games for that.


Image
Jedi32
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,377
And1: 4,182
Joined: Oct 30, 2014
Location: Showtime Era
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1096 » by Jedi32 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 pm

LakerClipperFan wrote:He is certainly a better player than anyone we have on our team, aside from LABron of course.

It's great to see young core guys getting their feet wet in the playoffs. Probably my favorite part of the postseason!

RamonSessions7 wrote:D’Angelo Russell isn’t a monster tho

I love Russell but I don’t think he did anything kuz or BI couldn’t have done if given the green light in the east. Again I’m proud of him, but the nets did nothing earth shattering.
User avatar
Crooked-I
General Manager
Posts: 7,505
And1: 2,355
Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Location: The tunnels in San Diego
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1097 » by Crooked-I » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Oh... this again. There is no way to say that for certain. I'd wager that if we didn't rid ourselves of Mozgov we had other trades teed up as plans B, C etc. I'd also wager none of them had Kuzma as a priority with our late first round pick.

Obvious? Not at all. Overly simple evaluation of a dynamic situation. Yeah. One to diminish the fact that we got Kuzma to make it seem like we totally dumped Russell?... Yup. That too.

This is like saying that the Lakers drafted Kobe and then saying well.... we would have gotten him anyway if we hadn't traded Divac.

Ok this again.....it was pretty obvious. Stop making the situation more dynamic than it was simply because you were completely and totally on the get rid of Russell train. We can all make your argument and go forever backwards in history at any point in time and make a claim of plan a,b,c,d that would possibly lead to us not even having any of the players we currently have.


Again, what was obvious? If Kuzma was off the board do we not trade with the Nets? If he was and we did and we drafted Hart with that pick who did we get?

I don't get how anyone can say that a trade where we sent out Russell and Mozgov while getting back Lopez and Kuzma didn't add Kuzma to the team. Defies logic. To purposefully say that we added Hart is the revisionist blather.

As for my "get rid of Russell" bend... I think he has skill but he isn't a top 2 player on a contender sort. I think that will be shown over time. He's scoring better but that's on more opportunity no necessarily on progress. That said, he'd fit better here next to LeBron than Ingram at the 2 guard IMHO. Then again, we wouldn't have LeBron if we didn't trade him with Mozgov. I think we traded him to clear the way for Ball.


He's scoring better but that's on more opportunity no necessarily on progress.


He increased his shooting percentages everywhere on more volume. Also increased his AST% while keeping his turnover rate roughly the same. All of his other advanced stats increased as well, PER, BPM, VORP, WS, you name it really. Hell even his defensive stats increased as well and show he's at least average defensively(which is pretty shocking from where he was when he was on the Lakers). I'd say that's progress over opportunity.

I think he has skill but he isn't a top 2 player on a contender sort. I think that will be shown over time.


That may be true. He's got a lot of improvement to go to be a top 2 player on a contender. And he's going to get a big contract this offseason. The question is whether he'll put in the time and work or if he'll be content with getting paid and being on a fringe playoff team until his contract runs out. I'd be worried about the latter if I was the Nets. But they don't really have much of a choice, but to take the gamble and hope he turns into that type of player.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,555
And1: 28,619
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1098 » by Slava » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 pm

This Pacers team is one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory.
:king:
User avatar
Pythagoras
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,666
And1: 1,067
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: KC, Mo
     

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1099 » by Pythagoras » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Man I miss the Lakers being in the playoffs :(
Numbers rule the universe.
Image Image
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,317
And1: 1,299
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1100 » by Landsberger » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I'd much rather have the Lakers be truly relevant than like the Nets or Pacers. Their playoff trips are akin to participation trophies. This is why I am hoping for significant personnel upgrades. We can grow into a team like the Pacers with our young core but that's about it.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers