Page 57 of 93

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am
by UtahJazzFan88
First time at Staples Center last Sunday for the GSW/LAC game. Can't wait to attend a Lakers home game (preferably not against the Jazz because I'd have to be a Jazz fan).

3rd level escalator is sketchy with my balance. :lol: Views are about as good or better as Vivint Smart Home Arena from the 3rd level. Concessions were better than Pepsi Center in Denver (I like Utah's concessions actually).

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 pm
by Pythagoras
Spanish_Laker wrote:What a great player Lou Williams is, and we gave him up for a bag of Doritos...


Lou is passing the ball more this season than he ever has before in his career and it’s making a difference. Sandwiched around his time with us he was with playoff teams in Toronto and Houston and neither one of those teams missed him after left. The Lou that we’ve seen this season and in the playoffs is different than the one that was here with us or the one he’s ever been.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 pm
by machine18
Spanish_Laker wrote:What a great player Lou Williams is, and we gave him up for a bag of Doritos...


We have to remember the 2016-17 Lakers were a lot different than the 2018-19 Lakers. A few years ago the franchise was 100% bought in on tanking to keep a top-3 pick and developing youth. The scoring outbursts that Williams would randomly provide was counter productive to everything that team was working towards. I remember it was a celebrated move at the time just because it fit the timeline. Unfortunate now in retrospect.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:14 pm
by iamworthy
Slava wrote:Dlo with an ugly elimination game, his contract is going to be one of the more interesting ones in restricted free agency.


Agree. Something I saw on Twitter:

2018-19 stats: 81 games, 30.2 minutes, 21.1 points, 7 assists, 43% shooting
Analysis:
This will be interesting. Russell isn’t quite a max player, but he’s close. So will the Nets make an offer he can’t refuse? Will they let him test the market and then match the offer because he’s a restricted free agent? Will the Nets sign Kyrie Irving instead? My educated guess is that the Nets will re-sign Russell before he hits the market with a contract that starts somewhere in the $23 million range (max is $27 million). Nets GM Sean Marks was spotted recently talking with Russell’s agent, Aaron Mintz. On Monday, Russell told me about his free agency, “Everybody is on the same page.” We’ll see what that means.


Read on Twitter
?s=21

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm
by Slava
iamworthy wrote:
Slava wrote:Dlo with an ugly elimination game, his contract is going to be one of the more interesting ones in restricted free agency.


Agree. Something I saw on Twitter:

2018-19 stats: 81 games, 30.2 minutes, 21.1 points, 7 assists, 43% shooting
Analysis:
This will be interesting. Russell isn’t quite a max player, but he’s close. So will the Nets make an offer he can’t refuse? Will they let him test the market and then match the offer because he’s a restricted free agent? Will the Nets sign Kyrie Irving instead? My educated guess is that the Nets will re-sign Russell before he hits the market with a contract that starts somewhere in the $23 million range (max is $27 million). Nets GM Sean Marks was spotted recently talking with Russell’s agent, Aaron Mintz. On Monday, Russell told me about his free agency, “Everybody is on the same page.” We’ll see what that means.


Read on Twitter
?s=21


If Sean Marks is already meeting with Mintz and D'Angelo is suggesting they have discussed terms, that's a violation of collective bargaining agreement to negotiate before free agency begins.

I'm not sure how far you can go with Russell as your first or second option, he still doesn't draw fouls or defend well. He takes few shots at the basket and relies heavily on a mid range game.

He still improved as a floor general and added a certain consistency to his game which is quite appealing.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:39 pm
by iamworthy
Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Slava wrote:Dlo with an ugly elimination game, his contract is going to be one of the more interesting ones in restricted free agency.


Agree. Something I saw on Twitter:

2018-19 stats: 81 games, 30.2 minutes, 21.1 points, 7 assists, 43% shooting
Analysis:
This will be interesting. Russell isn’t quite a max player, but he’s close. So will the Nets make an offer he can’t refuse? Will they let him test the market and then match the offer because he’s a restricted free agent? Will the Nets sign Kyrie Irving instead? My educated guess is that the Nets will re-sign Russell before he hits the market with a contract that starts somewhere in the $23 million range (max is $27 million). Nets GM Sean Marks was spotted recently talking with Russell’s agent, Aaron Mintz. On Monday, Russell told me about his free agency, “Everybody is on the same page.” We’ll see what that means.


Read on Twitter
?s=21


If Sean Marks is already meeting with Mintz and D'Angelo is suggesting they have discussed terms, that's a violation of collective bargaining agreement to negotiate before free agency begins.

I'm not sure how far you can go with Russell as your first or second option, he still doesn't draw fouls or defend well. He takes few shots at the basket and relies heavily on a mid range game.

He still improved as a floor general and added a certain consistency to his game which is quite appealing.


considering the coach didn't expect to make the playoffs for another 4 to 5 years, and Russell being a huge reason why they made it, you'd think they would be very happy with his development as a young player thus far. Obviously if you can get Kyrie and Durant all bets are off. Marks already eluded to there's something about keeping the guys you develop. They need to figure out if Russell and levert can play together. I haven't looked at any numbers but my eyes tell me that Russell struggles when levert starts with him. In my opinion he answered the biggest question I had which was durability. He played 81 games this year. Whatever program they have him on is working.....I wish we had that program.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:26 am
by SlimShady83
When is the official draft night on?

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 am
by UtahJazzFan88
Russell isn't bad, but I think he's getting overpaid.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 pm
by dockingsched
Read on Twitter


Yet Lakers aren’t even rumored to be looking to fill their vacancy yet...

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 pm
by Kilroy
dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter


Yet Lakers aren’t even rumored to be looking to fill their vacancy yet...


That's not true... I heard they've reached out to the guy that bleaches the Kardashian's ****...

He's gone super viral a few times and is in talks for a new reality show... So you know he's good.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 am
by SlimShady83
Spanish_Laker wrote:What a great player Lou Williams is, and we gave him up for a bag of Doritos...




But everyone loves Doritos? :)

I do miss my "boy lou" and saying that in every game thread "my boy Lou" I just don't have anyone now.

ok ok maybe "my boy king kuz" at least for now

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 am
by lakerRD
The beard is ridiculous.
Dude travels on every single step back 3 and says he just wants a fair chance from the refs.
He should keep his mouth shut because they could and should easily call him for walking on all of those shots.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:50 am
by dockingsched
Read on Twitter


Hope the lakers spare no expense when they finally hire someone, no excuse to go cheap.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am
by tugs
lakerRD wrote:The beard is ridiculous.
Dude travels on every single step back 3 and says he just wants a fair chance from the refs.
He should keep his mouth shut because they could and should easily call him for walking on all of those shots.
Actually am excited to see the refs go AI on Harden.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 2:58 am
by Landsberger
lakerRD wrote:The beard is ridiculous.
Dude travels on every single step back 3 and says he just wants a fair chance from the refs.
He should keep his mouth shut because they could and should easily call him for walking on all of those shots.


The NBA boarders on WWE at times with the bending of the rules for the "stars".

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 5:41 am
by Kilroy
On the one hand, you have the league's 'elite,' on Houston and GSW... Talking foul calls...
And on the other, you have Giannis dominating fools... Time for a changing of the guard...

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 6:16 am
by lakerRD
Kilroy wrote:On the one hand, you have the league's 'elite,' on Houston and GSW... Talking foul calls...
And on the other, you have Giannis dominating fools... Time for a changing of the guard...


It is so refreshing to watch Giannis play ball and frankly nauseating to watch the likes of CP3 and Harden.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 3:20 pm
by Mamba Mentality
Read on Twitter


Seriously don't understand all the hype that surrounds this guy (Ingram ranks 11th in PPP and is #1 in FG% on Isolations at 52.7%).

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 5:01 pm
by ROballer
I don't give a **** if I get quoted for this, but he's basically Wiggins with a better jumpshot. That's it.
That boy has no fire in him. You can't teach motor and assertiveness, you either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it.

Any green smurk who thinks NO is salivating over him and not what we have to offer in a potential trade is delusional.
Sure, it might be him, but a gazillion picks and other guys as well, not just him.

He's actually regressed from his rookie year which doesn't happen a whole lot.

Re: Around The NBA X

Posted: Wed May 1, 2019 5:17 pm
by Kilroy
I believed the hype, but I never really saw him play... When I did, I was left scratching my head... He can score in volume if left open to do so, but he's not really breaking defenses down or attacking... I was surprised I was seeing a guy the media had basically anointed as the next superstar. I think he's going to get exposed next season when teams focus on him more.