Around The NBA X

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1581 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:30 pm

The Regime wrote:Zo is always two weeks away from being two weeks away .

Fixed
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1582 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Lonzo's not cleared for contact yet? Apparently he just hit the court for the first time this month. How long does a grade 3 sprain take to heal? He's been down since January. I can easily see him winning MIP next year.

I don't think he's even starting in New Orleans. They probably go with Jrue and Redick to start the season.

That would be wild. You'd think they would have told him something to ease his mind about his roll but maybe not. Number two pick in his third year not starting is a problem.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#1583 » by Slava » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:43 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Lonzo's not cleared for contact yet? Apparently he just hit the court for the first time this month. How long does a grade 3 sprain take to heal? He's been down since January. I can easily see him winning MIP next year.

I don't think he's even starting in New Orleans. They probably go with Jrue and Redick to start the season.

That would be wild. You'd think they would have told him something to ease his mind about his roll but maybe not. Number two pick in his third year not starting is a problem.

I think their priority is developing Zion, so they'll put a ball handler to run pick and rolls and shooting around them. Lonzo is neither a good pick and roll player nor a shooter so it would be a while before he's starting there. I don't think they paid big money to Redick to bring him off the bench.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1584 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Slava wrote:

I think their priority is developing Zion, so they'll put a ball handler to run pick and rolls and shooting around them. Lonzo is neither a good pick and roll player nor a shooter so it would be a while before he's starting there. I don't think they paid big money to Redick to bring him off the bench.

I think their first priority is trading Jru... He doesn't fit with what that team's about now and he's super expensive.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1585 » by Slava » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

I think their first priority is trading Jru... He doesn't fit with what that team's about now and he's super expensive.

I think they've made it quite clear they don't intend to even accept trade calls on Jrue. They wouldn't have signed Redick if they were into asset collection phase. The idea is to keep Zion happy by being competitive from day 1.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1586 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Slava wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:

I think they've made it quite clear they don't intend to even accept trade calls on Jrue. They wouldn't have signed Redick if they were into asset collection phase. The idea is to keep Zion happy by being competitive from day 1.

They're saying that to keep values up... I think if they were looking to move him before the AD trade, as was reported, they're still hoping to move him...
The problem is, I don't think the market's huge for him, so they can't have a bunch of rumors out there about how available he is, if they want anything in return.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1587 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Im glad jrue got paid. Because the market is lopsided right now. Or so it seems after last free agency.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1588 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:48 pm

I'm a little bummed at how the Big Baller thing is fizzling... I found LaVar annoying, but at the same time, it's kind of depressing that it kind of went the way everyone assumed it would.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1589 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Idiot never really had a plan. Just a dream. Now hes just draining his sons cashflow.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1590 » by Slava » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Rich Paul taking over sports arm of united talent agency. This klutch partnership might be Jeannie's golden ticket to future NBA success.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1591 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Exactly! Love it or Hate it. We are married to this deal. Having this as another avenue to attract top talent is a Necessity. As i zero faith Jeanie and pelinka can recruit. But attracting Lebron? AD? Making final 2 with Kawhi? Being truly in the mix for top end talent is where we need to be.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1592 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Slava wrote:Rich Paul taking over sports arm of united talent agency. This klutch partnership might be Jeannie's golden ticket to future NBA success.

It's going to be interesting to see how both Klutch and the Lakers evolve in the next decade or so... If the Lakers dominate, both the Buss family and Klutch are going to make a ton of money and be hugely influential... Sooner or later, there's bound to be conflict in some form or other. Hope the Lakers can remain in charge of their own destiny.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1593 » by Slava » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:Rich Paul taking over sports arm of united talent agency. This klutch partnership might be Jeannie's golden ticket to future NBA success.

It's going to be interesting to see how both Klutch and the Lakers evolve in the next decade or so... If the Lakers dominate, both the Buss family and Klutch are going to make a ton of money and be hugely influential... Sooner or later, there's bound to be conflict in some form or other. Hope the Lakers can remain in charge of their own destiny.

Pelinka is as good an intermediate as any to satisfy personalities and keep the wheels grinding. Jeannie on the other hand has empowered utter morons and blowhards before questioning twice so someone half competent at his job like Paul is a godsend for her.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#1594 » by TyCobb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Good grief our trade deadline deals were so stupid last season.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1595 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Ballmer, Dolan, Silver and Jeannie, at war over the forum...

Rich middle-aged white people fighting over turf in Inglewood... I have no words.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1596 » by Slava » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Someone in the organization thought it was a good idea to let this guy run an NBA team.

Read on Twitter
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1597 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Mr. Arnault is holding his butt cheek and sayin...Ouch, Magic is not only kissing, dude took a full on Bite!
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1598 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Kilroy wrote:I'm a little bummed at how the Big Baller thing is fizzling... I found LaVar annoying, but at the same time, it's kind of depressing that it kind of went the way everyone assumed it would.

It is kind of sad that the concept of what the Balls were trying to do fail, but it is no surprise that Lavar was going to eff it up.
Forum permissions