ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA X

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1641 » by stan francisco » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Let’s hope he over performs and they trade us Nurkic by the TD for a few of our useless offense only guards, like KCP, Cook.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1642 » by TyCobb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 am

Read on Twitter

:rofl:

YES
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#1643 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:47 am

TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rofl:

YES

couldnt agree with him more :)
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1644 » by kblo247 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:49 am

Danny Darko wrote:Why would Pau go to a place where he's behind Nurkic and Whiteside?

He gets to rest toward the end and play early on. Nurkic won’t be back early so Pau will be the first backup. Then when he comes back they can cut Paus minutes down for the playoffs which was the role he signed up for with the Bucks
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#1645 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:52 am

Im glad all that sam presti stuff is comin out now. Ive always known it was true. But PG straight up Lyin at press conferences, shows that people should not hate the player, but hate the game. AD, Klutch, etc are playing the same game PG and others are playing. So much Hate heaped on the Lakers and AD by kerr, media, etc... But its an epidemic. And shouldnt be looked at as if only the Lakeshow are the bad guys.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1646 » by BEazy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Im so tired of these closet Clipper fans coming out of no where...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Ghost Snack
Junior
And1: 30

Post#1647 » by Ghost Snack » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:This could get ugly for a lot of people

The N.B.A. has begun an investigation into how teams handled free agency this summer, focusing on whether improper inducements were offered to players to circumvent the salary cap, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

The issue was raised by multiple team owners at a meeting of the league’s board of governors this month in Las Vegas, according to the person, who requested anonymity because of a lack of authorization to speak publicly on the subject.

ESPN first reported on the existence of the investigation.

There were also multiple reports this month suggesting that Kawhi Leonard’s representatives, in arranging his blockbuster move from the Toronto Raptors to the Los Angeles Clippers, had asked for perks that would violate the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/23/sports/nba-free-agency-investigation.html

The more Kawhi talks about how close he was to signing with us, the more obvious it is to me, that he had no intention of signing with us... The more they say the leaks from Magic were the cause, the more it's obvious they specifically requested the meeting with Magic because they knew they could leak whatever they said to him and blame it on him, if he didn't say it himself...

I still hate Howard more, but Kawhi and his people deserve as much humiliation as we can pile on the Clippers this season... PG too...

I feel like LeBron, George, KD, Kawhi, etc... All these guys and the brands they represent, got together and said "The LA Market is wide open... The Lakers are the Jewel of that crown and they don't have a star... You guys should go there and be the king of LA, because it will make us all a ton of money." And it was a big race to see who could get it done first... Lebron won the race, and now the rest of them are all butt-hurt trying to find the next best opportunities to promote their brands. Once AD came, the Lakers pie was cut too many ways and none of them wanted to take the 3rd sliver... So we have some schoolyard **** like Uncle Dennis played...

We need to keep a foot on that throat...

This seems pretty accurate to me. And also funny because none of them wanted any part in the knicks. lol Didnt really buy that AD wanted to get traded there.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1648 » by BEazy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Oh crap Ryan West leaving us...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#1649 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:10 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Oh crap Ryan West leaving us...

Yup.
He’s gone. Reports don’t mention where he is going but wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to the Flippers
Formerly lakerRD
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Worried about the Clippers? 

Post#1650 » by ShowtimeFan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:41 am

The “Experts” (lol) are picking the Clippers based on them adding Kawhi & George “to a team that won 48 games last season”!

Did the “experts” consider that the Clippers only have (5) guys who were on the team ALL of last season?

And only (3) of them were regular players (Williams, Beverly, Harrell).

The other (2) were not exactly big contributors: Robinson (33 games @ 9mpg) and Motley (only 22 games @ 7 mpg). Depth? Really?

Have any of these “Experts” broken down the Clippers roster?

Sure they Kawhi, who had an awesome playoff run, yet missed 22 regular season games!

Their other star (George) had multiple off-season surgeries and may miss the first 3 to 4 weeks at the beginning of next season.

Ok, the Clippers retained (4) players who came over in trades: Harkless, Shamert, Green, and Zubac. Depth? Maybe…

Clippers added (2) players from this year’s draft: Kabengele, and Mann, who will contribute very little if anything to their depth.

I guess I’m not an expert because I just don’t see the “depth” they are raving about!

And as far as Coaching, Doc Rivers has had a winning record with the Clippers for his entire 6 years, but his only championship will have been 12 seasons ago in Boston, so in a league whose motto is “What have you done for me lately?”, Doc doesn’t have much to brag about…
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Re: Worried about the Clippers? 

Post#1651 » by Slink » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:51 am

I'm no more worried about them than any other top team in the west.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1652 » by TyCobb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:16 am

That was alot of words for not being worried.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#1653 » by ROballer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:13 am

Nope.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#1654 » by stan francisco » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:24 am

Clippers who?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#1655 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 pm

Why worry? Last time I checked AD is a Laker and not a Clipper.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#1656 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Well they are better than the Lakers on paper.

Regardless of their changes they pushed a healthy GSW team to 6 games. Then upgraded Gallo to PG-13. After that they added McGruder, Harkless and Kawhi.

If everything goes right for them then this clipper team could be on par with the dominant GSW team of the last few years.

It's going to be a tough mountain to climb for the Lakers to beat these guys, doesn't mean they can't.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#1657 » by TJM217 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

To be fair they are legit contenders and they do have some depth with Williams and Harrell. I actually think they finish with a better regular season record then we do.

But.... in the playoffs we are the better team. They might go 6 games with us. Maybe.
Lake Show Baby!!!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1658 » by Landsberger » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:49 pm

That team got to 48 wins by being a group of equals more or less. In fact when they moved Harris they began to play better. That roster excelled in true team ball. Now they have 2 guys who are stars and will devour the bulk of the touches and opportunities. I'm not in the camp that this is purely "additive" to the existing group. Will they be better? Probably but they could be marginally better. I like Leonard but this Clipper team isn't as deep or talented IMHO as the Toronto team he just left. I've always considered PG as a guy who gets his numbers but for some reason seems to not have the impact his numbers would suggest on his teams. They will need to learn how to play together and adjust to the changes just like us. We could both be pushing for the top spot come April or be fighting for seeding.... health and coaching will be the key for them and us....and everyone else for that matter.

One thing we have going for us is that the consensus is the Clippers will be great..... that's the kiss of death typically.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#1659 » by Takes5 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Not worried. They’ll always be the Kandi’s
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1660 » by iamworthy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:24 pm

They'll be really good but I'm not worried.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers