ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA X

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,564
And1: 7,233
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1701 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 am

Kilroy wrote:Image

Me and Marc Cuban at Disneyland...

Told him Zinger isn’t Dirk... Not really...

Couldn’t think of anything to say to him but ran into him several times.

This is a crappy pick but it’s him. He seems to be trying to ditch his group.


I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
User avatar
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,964
And1: 2,439
Joined: Nov 15, 2005
Location: San Diego
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1702 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am

Should have asked him if he is going to do another cameo on Billions, I love that show.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 16,715
And1: 3,377
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1703 » by iamworthy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Image

Me and Marc Cuban at Disneyland...

Told him Zinger isn’t Dirk... Not really...

Couldn’t think of anything to say to him but ran into him several times.

This is a crappy pick but it’s him. He seems to be trying to ditch his group.


I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.


Don't need security if no one knows who you are.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,838
And1: 1,272
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1704 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Personally, im taking the Mavericks as my surprise team this year. They will make one of the top 4 seeds out west in the playoffs.
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,564
And1: 7,233
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1705 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Image

Me and Marc Cuban at Disneyland...

Told him Zinger isn’t Dirk... Not really...

Couldn’t think of anything to say to him but ran into him several times.

This is a crappy pick but it’s him. He seems to be trying to ditch his group.


I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.


Don't need security if no one knows who you are.


Yeah, I guess... But I think if your in his position, you probably have to figure it's only a matter of time before people figure it out and start swarming... So it would pay to be prepared.

The biggest Billionaire baller move he made? Probably buying that freaking $17 "Souvenir Bucket" of popcorn...

I cannot believe how expensive Disneyland has gotten in the 14years since we had passes with my oldest.
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1706 » by Landsberger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 am

The biggest Billionaire baller move was paying to get into Disneyland in the first place.... I haven't been since I lived there last..... which was 1991! I've paid for Disneyworld a few times but the two places are like night and day different.
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 16,715
And1: 3,377
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1707 » by iamworthy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 am

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.


Don't need security if no one knows who you are.


Yeah, I guess... But I think if your in his position, you probably have to figure it's only a matter of time before people figure it out and start swarming... So it would pay to be prepared.

The biggest Billionaire baller move he made? Probably buying that freaking $17 "Souvenir Bucket" of popcorn...

I cannot believe how expensive Disneyland has gotten in the 14years since we had passes with my oldest.


Disneyland prices are ridiculous. I made the mistake of going during Christmas a while ago.
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 16,715
And1: 3,377
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1708 » by iamworthy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,181
And1: 846
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1709 » by stan francisco » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 12,453
And1: 1,625
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1710 » by kblo247 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:46 am

stan francisco wrote:Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.

1. He wasn't traded


2. He was the worst defensive starting 4 in the nba last year


3. He's a -1200 on his career for a reason, he's a loser
Image
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1711 » by Landsberger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 am

kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.

1. He wasn't traded


2. He was the worst defensive starting 4 in the nba last year


3. He's a -1200 on his career for a reason, he's a loser



Not sure about any of that but the photo's of him with the chains says a lot without saying a lot. He's stronger.... so what? Did he practice the jumper or just watch reruns of the worlds strongest man? What's next?.... pulling an airplane with your teeth? :lol:
ROballer
Head Coach
Posts: 6,899
And1: 1,215
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1712 » by ROballer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:36 am

Welp, the US just lost their first game in 13 years(FIBA World Cup qualifiers with G-league players doesn't count).

I still remember that semi-final game against Greece in 2006. This one was a friendly against Australia but still, lots of questions marks before the Worlds. It's closer than other tournaments, they can lose the gold.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,838
And1: 1,272
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1713 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm

We aint winnin jack with this squad. Everybody knows that. Too much of our top talent pulled out
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
Posts: 35,252
And1: 17,751
Joined: Feb 06, 2007
Location: Clearing space in the trophy case.

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1714 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Some of the names on this team are just unreal. Marcus Smart, Mason Plumlee, Harrison Barnes, Derrick White ...
"Is Donald Trump an intellectual? Trust me. I’m, like, a smart person" - Donald J. Trump

"They misunderestimated me" - George W. Bush

"I have never felt more American than when we all hate (Trump) together" - Dave Chappelle
karkinos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,176
And1: 1,439
Joined: Nov 06, 2009

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1715 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:56 am

could probably field a decent mcd's all american squad to rep the US instead if we're only going to half try at this
ROballer
Head Coach
Posts: 6,899
And1: 1,215
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1716 » by ROballer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

They actually participated in the Americas qualifiers with Jeff van Gundy as a coach and a roster full of G-leaguers, since the games took place during the NBA season mostly.

Those players would have benefited immensely, whole world is watching. They could have scored at least a lucrative European contract easily. And they would have given **** actually, I see some players half assing this to not get injured before the season or something.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
karkinos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,176
And1: 1,439
Joined: Nov 06, 2009

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1717 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 pm

actually that's a good point
g-leaguers do deserve a shot
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1718 » by Landsberger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 pm

ROballer wrote:Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

They actually participated in the Americas qualifiers with Jeff van Gundy as a coach and a roster full of G-leaguers, since the games took place during the NBA season mostly.

Those players would have benefited immensely, whole world is watching. They could have scored at least a lucrative European contract easily. And they would have given **** actually, I see some players half assing this to not get injured before the season or something.


The G league is what's left over after the European leagues sign their players. I'm not sure more exposure for a lot of these guys in the G league gets them over in Europe. It's not like the best G league team could even hold their own in most of the European leagues. It's not like the AAA league in MLB.
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 13,801
And1: 1,822
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1719 » by tugs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:02 pm

ROballer wrote:Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

They actually participated in the Americas qualifiers with Jeff van Gundy as a coach and a roster full of G-leaguers, since the games took place during the NBA season mostly.

Those players would have benefited immensely, whole world is watching. They could have scored at least a lucrative European contract easily. And they would have given **** actually, I see some players half assing this to not get injured before the season or something.
Great idea actually. But you know, unless NBA execs use this stage as a platform to showcase their players in the hopes of getting casual fans to follow their teams and improve their marketing numbers. *shrugs*
ROballer
Head Coach
Posts: 6,899
And1: 1,215
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
   

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1720 » by ROballer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 pm

This continental parity is driving me crazy. Teams like Croatia and Slovenia(defending European champs) are sitting their ass at home while I get to watch the filipino midgets get mauled by Italy. They don't have any business being here, same thing from some teams in Africa. Europe should get more spots, Asia/Africa less.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers