ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA X

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1801 » by stan francisco » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:11 pm

Kilroy wrote:They should move it to Pyongyang... Kim Jong loves the NBA...

Yeah. Call Rodman. Let’s add Russia, Turkey, Mien-mar, Saudi Arabia and Syria, make it the dictatorship tour.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Post#1802 » by Danny Darko » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 am

Wagner and Bonga looked good against Guangzhou, which uhhh so it's all good if china is playing and getting whooped by our castoffs?
Wagner 9-10.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1803 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:48 am

Rich Rane wrote:
TyCobb wrote:NBA needs to cancel it.

Slava wrote:What a waste of a round trip around the globe and all the fatigue that comes with it.

I'm very interested in Lakers fans' thoughts on this. Would you guys be just as happy postponing the game and playing it home or canceling it altogether than actually playing it in China? The Chinese government is clearly lashing out at the NBA. What do you think the crowd would be like at an NBA exhibition?

The NBA is a business. They have a market and partners in the shoe companies that have very complicated relationships and obligations to China. The politics aside this is who the NBA is. Their growth market is assumed to be in China. China is a largely closed society and will use it's economic clout to stay the way and control it's image.... it's what totalitarianism is by definition.

As for what I think... ESPN characterized the Hong Kong protesters as "anti-government dissidents" while before this dust up most of us saw them as "Pro-Democracy" protesters. ESPN is part of all of this economically so it appears that there are no leaks in the ship at the moment. I think it's up to the fans to decide if they care at all... support one side over the other or are disgusted by the level of power a foreign government, who couldn't foster a sports league of it's own primarily because of it's economic/government ideology, has over the NBA. I'm in the latter....
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#1804 » by karkinos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:37 am

7:11 norvell taking names
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#1805 » by TKainZero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Lebron has joined the bow down to China bandwagon.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1806 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:56 pm

TKainZero wrote:Lebron has joined the bow down to China bandwagon.

Why do people keep thinking this, I saw the entire interview and it makes sense what he said, but it has been chopped into bite size snippets completely out of context.

I especially don’t like the snippet where he appears to say that freedom of speech has bad consequences, but what he was actually referring to was that he and his teammates where uniformed of what was happening because the news in China is censored and limited and if they use their freedom of speech When they don’t know what’s going on it can have bad consequences.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#1807 » by TKainZero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:00 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:

Why do people keep thinking this, I saw the entire interview and it makes sense what he said, but it has been chopped into bite size snippets completely out of context.

I especially don’t like the snippet where he appears to say that freedom of speech has bad consequences, but what he was actually referring to was that he and his teammates where uniformed of what was happening because the news in China is censored and limited and if they use their freedom of speech When they don’t know what’s going on it can have bad consequences.

LEbron has been ignoring China since 2007

Lebron has been fine with the Chinese atrocities for more than a decade.

Lebron has been the most unlikeable nba player for a long time, and it’s just sad he is on my favorite team now.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1808 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:06 pm

TKainZero wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:

LEbron has been ignoring China since 2007

Lebron has been fine with the Chinese atrocities for more than a decade.

Lebron has been the most unlikeable nba player for a long time, and it’s just sad he is on my favorite team now.

Haven’t we all? Think about every cent you have saved by buying something that was made in China vs splurging on the same item made in the States. It’s all about the Benjamin’s.
Forum permissions