Around The NBA X

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1821 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:06 pm

gts1 wrote:James is just another faux social justice warrior.. as long as his pockets stayed lined he'll speak out but even hint it might have a financial consequence time to abandon ship

edit.. all this just pisses me off...lol I mean the NBA cancels an all star game in NC over bathroom bill that makes sure that in government buildings boys go to the boys room and girls go to the girls room, the NBA champs refuse a Whitehouse invite but they will go to mainland China and kowtow like puppets for one of the biggest human rights violators on the planet....

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1822 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 am

So Loul Deng just officially retired how does that affect our cap?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#1823 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:05 am

That mofo milked the sh#& out of that.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#1824 » by Danny Darko » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:49 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:So Loul Deng just officially retired how does that affect our cap?

none
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1825 » by kblo247 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 am

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Watched the Warriors all preseason and I keep coming to the conclusion that they may be better off starting Draymond at SF and then Looney and Stein up front to grind the games down so steph can win them offensively

That would be a horrible offensive unit. Steph can't score THAT much...lol.

Looking at their team ...

McKinne isn't giving them more offensive production than Stein, Looney, and Draymond. That means Robinson or Burks are their next up option. :lol:

At that point I'm shoring up the defense with Looney and Stein, let Draymond dictate the offense, using Russell as the second option, and Curry is about to be Iverson. To Klay gets back those are their five best players.

KD leaving isn't even as bad as them taking Russell back and hard capping themselves. Iggy, Livingston, Cook, JErebko, and Bell would have gave them a much better team than D'Angelo is giving them. They could have retained them and had their exemption
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1826 » by iamworthy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:09 pm

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Watched the Warriors all preseason and I keep coming to the conclusion that they may be better off starting Draymond at SF and then Looney and Stein up front to grind the games down so steph can win them offensively

That would be a horrible offensive unit. Steph can't score THAT much...lol.

Looking at their team ...

McKinne isn't giving them more offensive production than Stein, Looney, and Draymond. That means Robinson or Burks are their next up option. :lol:

At that point I'm shoring up the defense with Looney and Stein, let Draymond dictate the offense, using Russell as the second option, and Curry is about to be Iverson. To Klay gets back those are their five best players.

KD leaving isn't even as bad as them taking Russell back and hard capping themselves. Iggy, Livingston, Cook, JErebko, and Bell would have gave them a much better team than D'Angelo is giving them. They could have retained them and had their exemption

My starting five would be

Steph
Russell
Green
Robinson
Looney
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Post#1827 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:26 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:That mofo milked the sh#& out of that.

And we're the dumb asses who put him in position to do so.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1828 » by Kilroy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:28 pm

And Zion's out several weeks with a knee... No injury supposedly. just "Being extremely cautious."

But it makes you wonder... His style of play and his weight are not conducive to a long NBA career. He needs to use that time to get with an NBA nutritionist and dump all extra weight.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,670

Post#1829 » by dockingsched » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:15 am

First time watching the Pelicans, Lonzo looks like he’s been relegated to an off the ball spot up shooter next to Jrue, easy to forget he’s in the game.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Post#1830 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:06 am

dockingsched wrote:First time watching the Pelicans, Lonzo looks like he’s been relegated to an off the ball spot up shooter next to Jrue, easy to forget he’s in the game.

Air-balled a FT, too.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#1831 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:24 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255798/Pacers-Engage-Multiple-Teams-On-Domantas-Sabonis-Trade-Talks

Who could we trade for Sabonis? I know it's a long shot but wish we could trade some of our guards for him.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1832 » by Kilroy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:33 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255798/Pacers-Engage-Multiple-Teams-On-Domantas-Sabonis-Trade-Talks

Who could we trade for Sabonis? I know it's a long shot but wish we could trade some of our guards for him.

Should try to trade for Iggy first... We have enough bodies at C right now IMO...

I feel like we need another active PF more than anything right now. I'd like to have Kuz playing Wing off the bench but if we do that we need a small/active PF... Dudley isn't a good look on the court for us... He slows everything down and messes with the flow.

But at least with Iggy, he and Kuz could play off each other a bit. Iggy could make it easier for him.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1833 » by Kilroy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:37 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
dockingsched wrote:First time watching the Pelicans, Lonzo looks like he’s been relegated to an off the ball spot up shooter next to Jrue, easy to forget he’s in the game.

Air-balled a FT, too.

That was just an awkward game to watch... I think Gentry's trying to instill some sort of system there but it just doesn't seem to flow very well right now... Some dudes were missing shots bad, too...
The Knicks are maybe a half a step above a G League team...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1834 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:00 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:

Air-balled a FT, too.

Short?... or to the side again? In all my years watching and coaching the game I think I've seen a FT airball to the side of the hoop only a few times before Lonzo.

That said, he looks more relaxed there but he is off the ball a lot which is not his strength. Wonder is he's going to stay there long.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#1835 » by Danny Darko » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:02 am

we have really no one to trade until December... just LeBron, Caruso, Kuzma.
KCP and McGee I don't think can be traded either.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1836 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 am

Danny Darko wrote:we have really no one to trade until December... just LeBron, Caruso, Kuzma.
KCP and McGee I don't think can be traded either.

Not sure we could play him to his strength here either. He needs a spot on a team where he can be ball dominant and will run. This team probably won't be running that much and he'd have to stand behind a few guys in line to get the ball.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#1837 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:58 am

Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255798/Pacers-Engage-Multiple-Teams-On-Domantas-Sabonis-Trade-Talks

Should try to trade for Iggy first... We have enough bodies at C right now IMO...

I feel like we need another active PF more than anything right now. I'd like to have Kuz playing Wing off the bench but if we do that we need a small/active PF... Dudley isn't a good look on the court for us... He slows everything down and messes with the flow.

But at least with Iggy, he and Kuz could play off each other a bit. Iggy could make it easier for him.

Yeah, Iggy if there's a chance. :nod: :nod: :nod:
skeptic2020
Junior
And1: 134

Post#1838 » by skeptic2020 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 am

Kilroy wrote:And Zion's out several weeks with a knee... No injury supposedly. just "Being extremely cautious."

But it makes you wonder... His style of play and his weight are not conducive to a long NBA career. He needs to use that time to get with an NBA nutritionist and dump all extra weight.

Probably good advice. The amount of weight he has can't be that great for his knees.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,670

Post#1839 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter

This contract is insane. Part of the reason I didn’t mind one bit trading the youngsters for AD, eventually you have to back up the brinks truck or let them walk away.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#1840 » by EArl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Looks like Zion is done. Don't think he comes back this season. Getting injured off a few preseason games.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;

Return to Los Angeles Lakers