Post#243 » by Dr Aki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:51 am

Omer Asik anyone?
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: Center Situation 

Post#244 » by TKainZero » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:32 am

Big prediction!!!

First game the lakers actually play a backup center, the lakers win!
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#245 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:56 am

We need Noah or somebody like him.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#246 » by Airgordon00 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:
Unbiased hater wrote:Trade KCP for Robin Lopez

or Vucevic

What would you guys offer for vooch? He just had a triple double last night and would give you guys some solid scoring from the center spot.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#247 » by Slava » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:
Unbiased hater wrote:Trade KCP for Robin Lopez

or Vucevic

What would you guys offer for vooch? He just had a triple double last night and would give you guys some solid scoring from the center spot.

Kcp after December 15
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#248 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:31 pm

The Center position is our biggest hole. I know it's only been 2 games, but here me out.

This team might give me an anxiety attack this season. Not only are they extremely quick, fast, and aggressive, but this team seems too out of control. Usually LeBron James teams are the opposite. I guess there's no other option when your only center is Javale McGee. Kyle Kuzma should not be a full-time backup C, that was ridiculous before and it's even more ridiculous now. Sure he'll throw down an electric reverse dunk in the 4th quarter like he did last night, mainly due to the fact that Clint Capela couldn't guard him, but what good does that do when the trade-off is the fact that there's nobody to grab rebounds on the defensive end, which leads to Clint Capela put-back dunks, just like the one last night after the Kuzma dunk?

There are too many questions for this team. Yes, it's early, but most teams shouldn't have this many question marks. Where to start.

1. Why is Kontavious Caldwell-Pope on this team again? It seems like we have so many similar players on the wing with little to no versatility for the defense to get mixed up. How exactly is Pope better or different than Lance Stephenson? Why are they both on this team when it's questionable if either of them should be? It's like we put together a bunch of players who are all so similar but different at the same time. Very odd.

2. Why did we sign Rajon Rondo AND Pope for $18 million combined, when we already have young, effective players at those positions? It would have been much smarter to sign a big of PF for a 1-year, $18 million contract than to sign both of those dudes. Don't get me wrong, I like Rondo and he's been great so far. You know it's a bad sign when he's playing GREAT and he still doesn't look like a good fit. I'd much rather have Julius Randle for 1-year, $18 million than those dudes, period. (Side note: Why exactly did we sign Michael Beasley over Brook Lopez?)

3. Last but least. Why did Magic and Pelinka think it was a bad idea to surround LeBron James with shooters? Was 8 straight Finals appearance not enough to prove that this formula couldn't be stopped?

That's it for my rant, and I'm sure this team will improve, but 2013 should have taught us all that fit matters much more than individual talent and bunching some random dudes together that's supposed to confuse teams.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#249 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:The Center position is our biggest hole. I know it's only been 2 games, but here me out.

This team might give me an anxiety attack this season. Not only are they extremely quick, fast, and aggressive, but this team seems too out of control. Usually LeBron James teams are the opposite. I guess there's no other option when your only center is Javale McGee. Kyle Kuzma should not be a full-time backup C, that was ridiculous before and it's even more ridiculous now. Sure he'll throw down an electric reverse dunk in the 4th quarter like he did last night, mainly due to the fact that Clint Capela couldn't guard him, but what good does that do when the trade-off is the fact that there's nobody to grab rebounds on the defensive end, which leads to Clint Capela put-back dunks, just like the one last night after the Kuzma dunk?

There are too many questions for this team. Yes, it's early, but most teams shouldn't have this many question marks. Where to start.

1. Why is Kontavious Caldwell-Pope on this team again? It seems like we have so many similar players on the wing with little to no versatility for the defense to get mixed up. How exactly is Pope better or different than Lance Stephenson? Why are they both on this team when it's questionable if either of them should be? It's like we put together a bunch of players who are all so similar but different at the same time. Very odd.

2. Why did we sign Rajon Rondo AND Pope for $18 million combined, when we already have young, effective players at those positions? It would have been much smarter to sign a big of PF for a 1-year, $18 million contract than to sign both of those dudes. Don't get me wrong, I like Rondo and he's been great so far. You know it's a bad sign when he's playing GREAT and he still doesn't look like a good fit. I'd much rather have Julius Randle for 1-year, $18 million than those dudes, period. (Side note: Why exactly did we sign Michael Beasley over Brook Lopez?)

3. Last but least. Why did Magic and Pelinka think it was a bad idea to surround LeBron James with shooters? Was 8 straight Finals appearance not enough to prove that this formula couldn't be stopped?

That's it for my rant, and I'm sure this team will improve, but 2013 should have taught us all that fit matters much more than individual talent and bunching some random dudes together that's supposed to confuse teams.

I didn't want to bring up that cursed year, but yeah, if we keep racking up losses and sitting at the bottom of the conference, then this season will have "2013 again" written all over it.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#250 » by milesfides » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 pm

These guys were mostly Lebron's picks. He wanted to have some veterans to compete this year. They were among the best cheapest free agents this summer. They're on 1-year rentals to not interfere with our 2019 plan to add another max star.

I mean, I personally would have paid Nerlens Noel 5m for this season rather than blow so much on KCP. So yeah, I think the front office didn't really do a great job past McGee, who was a great pickup, but KCP and Beasley were dumb - or kowtowing to Lebron
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Unbiased hater
Sixth Man
And1: 749

Post#251 » by Unbiased hater » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm

KCP is signed as favor to Lebron and his agent and Beasley had comeback year last year so they thought he can give us scoring from the bench and Lebron liked that move bc hey played together in Miami.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#252 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 am

the wing is in audition mode and KCP losing out hard at the moment.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#253 » by TKainZero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:54 am

TKainZero wrote:Big prediction!!!

Lakers signed and played johnathon Williams at center

Espn lists him as a SF...

So... yea...

I think my prediction is still in play
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#254 » by Yunsen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:36 am

TKainZero wrote:
TKainZero wrote:Big prediction!!!

Lakers signed and played johnathon Williams at center

Espn lists him as a SF...

So... yea...

I think my prediction is still in play

He more-or-less played Center at Gonzaga last year. Tillie is too thin to really body up with large Centers so Williams was the one doing it.

Also fun fact about him, he told an Uber driver that Portland was trying to trade up for Zach Collins like 2 days before it happened.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#255 » by Airgordon00 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Slava wrote:
Airgordon00 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:or Vucevic

Kcp after December 15

Yeah I don’t know if we need him with all the wings and shooting guards we already have. I wish we had a way to pry Lonzo away from you guys but I don’t think we have enough to get it done.

Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#256 » by Trips71 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:04 pm

I have to think Noah and even Bynum have more defensive ability left in them than Zubac. And that pains me to say since I had high hopes for him two years ago.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#257 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 pm

enough with the noahs and bynums ffs. those guys are toast. i’d much rather play 4v5 than play those trash
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#258 » by Trips71 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:enough with the noahs and bynums ffs. those guys are toast. i’d much rather play 4v5 than play those trash

4 vs. 5 is exactly what it felt like having Zubac in there last night.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#259 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:27 am

In hindsight, signing Rondo instead of Randle was a mistake.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#260 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:46 am

zimpy27 wrote:In hindsight, signing Rondo instead of Randle was a mistake.

Could make an argument that it was a mistake without the hindsight if the plan was to go all summer with no center.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers