Lonzo Ball Thread II

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,394

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread II 

Post#201 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:43 am

Next person that calls Lonzo a bust on this thread better bring some actual comparison and analysis to Anthony Bennett, Adam Morrison, Hasheem Thabeet, Markelle Fultz, Darko Milicic, Sebastian Telfair, and Greg Oden.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#202 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Do you think this team would be better off with D'Angelo Russell as the main PG? Defensively maybe not, but his shooting ability would have been really, really needed next to Bron. The ideal fit.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#203 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:22 pm

i dont hear enough news about lonzo or ingram calling up kobe, or scheduling a workout with magic, or whoever. why is that?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#204 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:i dont hear enough news about lonzo or ingram calling up kobe, or scheduling a workout with magic, or whoever. why is that?

Lonzo has his show to focus on. Ingram is too busy becoming an MMA fighter. Life decisions.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#205 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:Do you think this team would be better off with D'Angelo Russell as the main PG? Defensively maybe not, but his shooting ability would have been really, really needed next to Bron. The ideal fit.

In that scenario Ingram would have been traded with Mozgov to create cap space. Mind you Russell is playing far better than Ingram. Heck Randle is playing far better than any of them.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#206 » by kobe808lak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:Do you think this team would be better off with D'Angelo Russell as the main PG? Defensively maybe not, but his shooting ability would have been really, really needed next to Bron. The ideal fit.

In that scenario Ingram would have been traded with Mozgov to create cap space. Mind you Russell is playing far better than Ingram. Heck Randle is playing far better than any of them.

Interesting to think, Randle with Russel at this point would be pretty damn good.
Laker_Kid
Starter

Post#207 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:22 pm

kobe808lak wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:

Interesting to think, Randle with Russel at this point would be pretty damn good.

Mcgee/Chandler
Randle/Kuzma
Lebron/KCP
Hart/Lance
Russelll/Rondo

Kuz rotating between 3 and 4, KCP between 2 and 3, and Lance 1-3
Zu, Svi, and Mo as reserves
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#208 » by No name » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:i dont hear enough news about lonzo or ingram calling up kobe, or scheduling a workout with magic, or whoever. why is that?

Lonzo has his show to focus on. Ingram is too busy becoming
an MMA fighter. Life decisions.

What was Lonzo going to do, go to Cracker Barrel with Kobe? Lonzo was on the shelf.
No name
Junior

Post#209 » by No name » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:

Russell shoots okay in spurts until he gets a knock in his knee or pride. Let's not forget he's 4 or 5 years older than Lonzo and Ingram
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#210 » by Desiderium » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:29 pm

No name wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:

Russell shoots okay in spurts until he gets a knock in his knee or pride. Let's not forget he's 4 or 5 years older than Lonzo and Ingram

Russell is 22, while lonzo and ingram are 21..
Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Post#211 » by Hank7 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Guys I'd rather have in the 2017 Draft ... Tatum, Fox (the choice of many on this board), Markkanen, Dennis Smith, Donovan Mitchell (a beast), John Collins, and Jarrett Allen. BTW love Kuzma and especially Hart (I'd lose Lonzo before either one of these guys too). Nothing personal, just business. I wish Lonzo and his dad continued success on their facebook show. Hoping for a trade because I do not see him as our point guard of the future if we want championships.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#212 » by Dr Aki » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Laker_Kid
Starter

Post#213 » by Laker_Kid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:16 am

so apparently Lonzo broke up with his GF. no wonder he was extra aggressive last game. good on you ZO2!
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,394

Post#214 » by Danny Darko » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:45 pm

I guess Rondo was right that Zo needs to stay angry

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#215 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
No name
Junior

Post#216 » by No name » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Desiderium wrote:
No name wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:In that scenario Ingram would have been traded with Mozgov to create cap space. Mind you Russell is playing far better than Ingram. Heck Randle is playing far better than any of them.

Russell is 22, while lonzo and ingram are 21..

I apologise. Obviously I'm completely wrong on the age and I am sorry. I really don't know how I was so far off.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#217 » by myersia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I’ve been harsh on Lonzo. I am very pleased with his intensity the last two games. This is the effort I wanted. Thank you for finally waking up and please become the beast you are supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#218 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Pretty obvious how much LeBron likes him, beyond just trying to encourage a teammate. He readily gives him the ball to initiate -- something he isn't always willing to do -- tries to get him involved in two-man stuff, then was raving about him after the game last night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25359979/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-realizing-how-great-is
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#219 » by myersia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Pretty obvious how much LeBron likes him, beyond just trying to encourage a teammate. He readily gives him the ball to initiate -- something he isn't always willing to do -- tries to get him involved in two-man stuff, then was raving about him after the game last night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25359979/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-realizing-how-great-is

I think it also has to do with Lonzo idolizing Lebron. But regardless if he can get the most of Lonzo I’ll take it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#220 » by evilpimp972 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:

Russell isn't a PG, Russell is one of the worst defender in the league.
Russell is Kyle Kuzma, so no.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient

Return to Los Angeles Lakers