ImageImageImageImageImage

Lonzo Ball Thread II

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread II-Ankle Watch 2019 

Post#421 » by Revived » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Kilroy wrote:Leave us hope it's a minor sprain and he'll be back within the month...

Read on Twitter

That’s what Dr Chao predicted so surprised to see Shams report.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread II 

Post#422 » by Slink » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:09 am

Read on Twitter
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#423 » by Dr Aki » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 am

Read on Twitter

maybe even get him back a week or so after the ASW
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#424 » by Dr Aki » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,585

Post#425 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Just to piggyback of Aki's post

Read on Twitter
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#426 » by dockingsched » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Feels like something that needs to be posted on the GB just to watch how it goes haha
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,975

Post#427 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:56 am

Been a huge critic of his, but those numbers speak for themselves. Very impressive.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#428 » by Dr Aki » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 am

dockingsched wrote:Feels like something that needs to be posted on the GB just to watch how it goes haha

You know how it'll go.

"Still not getting Davis"

"Still a trash player"

"Lavar hahahahaha banana"
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#429 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 am

Dr Aki wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Feels like something that needs to be posted on the GB just to watch how it goes haha

You know how it'll go.

"Still not getting Davis"

"Still a trash player"

"Lavar hahahahaha banana"

"But Tatum's better, cause Ingram sucks!" :eek1: :dontknow:
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#430 » by kblo247 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:28 am

Everyone talks J.Kidd which is an insult to Kidd athletically and intellectually, but maybe Ball needs to pattern himself after Gary PAyton
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#431 » by evilpimp972 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm

The same GB who loves Marcus Smart haha
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,185

Would you OR should we let Lonzo Ball run the offense - Vote 

Post#432 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:48 am

Ok ok first and foremost, for those of you who have a grudge on Lonzo for whatever it maybe – forget the grudge and give the guy a chance.

Lonzo Ball’s Defense is top notch, his IQ is right up there and probably one of the best passers in today’s game.
Yes, his shooting is bad let’s just Ignore that shall we – although his step back 3 is pretty good from what I’ve seen (I’ve said step back 3).

Lebron has only 3-4 years left and just come off a pretty bad injury and only 1 more away from early retirement IMO – not that I wish that on anyone.

With Lebron handling the ball 80% of the time and playing a tone of minutes as well it’s just a matter of time b4 his body wears down or Injury

So, in saying that I want the Ball in Lonzo’s hands a lot more
Bringing the ball up, setting the offense and calling the shots – I know call me crazy, but Lonzo is the future along with King Kuz.

The games I’ve seen a lot of the time Ingram seems to be bringing the ball up – don’t know why mismatch?
This thread isn’t much as it’s a Saturday night and don’t feel like going into more detail so I’ll leave this with you

Q) Would you guys let Lonzo run the offense and set the plays have the ball in his hands a lot more like around 70% of the time?

Below just some you tube videos

;t=360s
Bring back Defense
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Would you OR should we let Lonzo Ball run the offense - Vote 

Post#433 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 pm

You let him earn a chance to do it..... you don't give it to him. He's very good in broken court situations and is still struggling with half court sets where he's off the ball. Until he can finish at the rim and shoot consistently he's going to have some issues in offensive sets because he doesn't draw the defense to him and if he can't do that it's hard to open passing lanes.

I actually think a bench lineup of him with Ingram is better than the 2 of them in the starting lineup. Bron loves to initiate the ball and Rondo is able to play off the ball pretty well. Add Bullock to the starters and it's a pretty balanced group. Lonzo and Ingram as part of the bench would allow us to have lineups on the floor that constantly threaten offensively.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#434 » by AdonisDeMarion » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 pm

I say yes
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#435 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:42 pm

I would like to see him be the starting PG and mostly bring the ball up the court, but it's not like that is going to drastically change things. Lonzo is a very willing passer who is good at hockey assists (I mostly mean these things as a compliment), and not a drive-and-dish or ball-dominant type.

No matter what, the offense is going to end up centered around Lebron regardless of who brings the ball up the court.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#436 » by dockingsched » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 am

Other than bringing the ball up the court, what exactly would Zo running the offense look like? He’s not a scoring threat that draws doubles, he’s not a shooting threat that spaces the floor, he’s not terrible inclined to dribble drive to breakdown the defense, not yet capable of running a lethal pick n roll....how would Zo “run the offense”?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#437 » by Kilroy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 am

dockingsched wrote:Other than bringing the ball up the court, what exactly would Zo running the offense look like? He’s not a scoring threat that draws doubles, he’s not a shooting threat that spaces the floor, he’s not terrible inclined to dribble drive to breakdown the defense, not yet capable of running a lethal pick n roll....how would Zo “run the offense”?

Gotta say, I agree... I'd also say, he's not ready yet to have a green light to read the D and dictate the sets the Offense runs...
I have a lot of optimism based on the assumption that he did it in College and we must have had that in mind when we drafted him... And I also think if he can't run the offense, then I'm not sure what value he has outside of a good defensive presence on the perimeter...
But if you strip away that optimism, and just look at what's going on on the court right now, it's hard to see how he takes the ball out of Rondo's or LeBron's hands.

My feeling is, he MUST run the offense, otherwise, what's the point of keeping as anything more than a bench player.

So I go back to that optimism... It's way to early to say he's everything he's going to be in the NBA... The scouts couldn't all be wrong, and he is a damn fine defender... His shot's starting to fall a little better too (eye test only)... So unless he's the deciding factor in getting a player like AD, let's put the ball in his hands a little more and see what he can do.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#438 » by dockingsched » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:07 am

I gotta disagree with the notion that he has to run the offense to prove his worth. I don’t think he’s ever going to “run the offense” but really he shouldn’t have to, nor should anyone on this team outside of LeBron when it’s time to get buckets. Zo just needs to be more aggressive and look to dribble drive as a first option more often. Long as players aren’t ball stopping and playing iso ball, no one should be “running the offense”.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#439 » by milesfides » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:38 am

Definitely Lonzo, because he pushes the pace to help us get transition points and open threes. High percentage shots. Lebron slows us down, we're not getting up the court, and instead we're stuck in the halfcourt too often which exposes our weaknesses - free throws and contested threes.

Again, Lonzo is most similar to Jason Kidd, in that he has a low footprint but large impact player. He changes the culture and unselfishness of a team. He gets the most of his teammates, he doesn't force them to sacrifice for his game, he elevates theirs. Lonzo's usage rate: 17. Kidd's career was 19, Lebron's is 32. Huge difference in how the ball sticks or moves.

And on this roster, we need that ball to move.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#440 » by Lalouie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:26 am

the latest i heard is the injury is slow to heal - this is a bad one

Return to Los Angeles Lakers