ImageImageImageImageImage

The LeBron Thread (merged)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,654

Re: The LeBron Thread (merged) 

Post#541 » by nzahir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:10 am

tanksonbaby wrote:No matter what happened, its a disgrace that you will possibly win less games with LeBron than without.

True, but they also have been tanking really on purpose for the final 15-20 games of year

Lebron-Missed over 20 games
BI-Will miss almost 30 games
Zo- Miss 35 games

Rondo and Kuzma also missed time

You guys fine with Kemba if KD and Kyrie end up in NY? Can move 1-2 of young guys
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#542 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 am

Wish they'd trade LeBron for some valuable assets.

Was much more fun watching Ball - KCP - Ingram - Randle - Lopez with IT/Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, etc.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#543 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#544 » by Danny Darko » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

"There are people in southern California right now in that environment telling Doc he doesn't wanna do this. And one of those reasons is simply, LeBron James. He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached. He's never been coached by someone with that kind of personality, command, authority, acumen, intellect. He's rejected that. So Doc is being reminded of that by people," said Wilbon on "Pardon the Interruption."
per wiretap

seems about right. LeBron isn't a good coach himself, so how does this ever work out?
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#545 » by SweetTouch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 pm

What’s one hit wonder doc going to teach the King

How to win just 1 ring and choke away rings?
Stop being so disrespectful.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#546 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Wish they'd trade LeBron for some valuable assets.

Was much more fun watching Ball - KCP - Ingram - Randle - Lopez with IT/Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, etc.

It was pretty fun this year until Dec 26th. A lot funner than watching the previous years team for sure..... unless you just like watching marginal basketball. We were coming together when Bron got hurt. Add a couple key pieces and get a coach who can close a game with anything other than double isolation ball stopping pounding and we'll be OK.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#547 » by milesfides » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:52 pm

We had an easy schedule up to that point. And Lebron clearly cruised with his injury. Most likely to put pressure on the front office to trade everybody for Anthony Davis. Bad move on his part, because we lost too many games, and when he decided to put his big boy pants on, it was too late because the failed trade killed team chemistry. And playoff activated Lebron was a joke. You could make plenty of excuses for anybody and everybody, but Lebron was the biggest factor in our poor season this year. Had we landed PG13 instead, we'd get a 2-way MVP candidate in his prime, and that is the biggest problem with Lebron. We didn't get our money's worth. Time to get a refund.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#548 » by SweetTouch » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 pm

PG3 can’t even lead his team to HCA in the postseason with an mvp teammate.
His great prime two way skills is leading his team to be tied 7th seed in the west.

Such a disappointing season for him in his prime with a stacked team

He wouldn’t make the postseason with the lake show
Stop being so disrespectful.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#549 » by Landsberger » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:11 pm

milesfides wrote:We had an easy schedule up to that point. And Lebron clearly cruised with his injury. Most likely to put pressure on the front office to trade everybody for Anthony Davis. Bad move on his part, because we lost too many games, and when he decided to put his big boy pants on, it was too late because the failed trade killed team chemistry. And playoff activated Lebron was a joke. You could make plenty of excuses for anybody and everybody, but Lebron was the biggest factor in our poor season this year. Had we landed PG13 instead, we'd get a 2-way MVP candidate in his prime, and that is the biggest problem with Lebron. We didn't get our money's worth. Time to get a refund.

Hmmm.... so injury had nothing to do with the outcome huh...

You make every excuse to point the finger at Bron while ignoring that the trade fiasco was aided and abetted (and most likely started by) the front office. If the FO thought the group on the floor was a championship team in Bron's window then there would be no need to trade.

My view is that things changed when we got our superstar vet that we've wanted for so long. If it had been Melo or LA several years ago we'd not have even had the picks to draft Russell, Ingram, Ball or Kuzma.... we'd have traded those picks along the way to build around them. It's what Jeannie and the ownership want.... a contender team at all times, even if it's a marginal one. Granted building around them would have not ended in a championship just like knee jerking and trading for Howard and Nash didn't. If there is blame to be laid for trying to build a contending team (this is the case only in hindsight if it doesn't work) then it needs to be laid at the top. If it weren't LeBron it would be another top 5-10 player we'd build around as quickly as possible. It's how the Buss Family built the dynasty after all....
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#550 » by Landsberger » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:16 pm

SweetTouch wrote:PG3 can’t even lead his team to HCA in the postseason with an mvp teammate.
His great prime two way skills is leading his team to be tied 7th seed in the west.

He's another "paper tiger" leader IMHO. He puts up numbers but in the end they are less impactful than one would think. Not unlike Howard, Melo, Iverson, Marbury etc. Westbrook has a very similar effect on teams so the 2 of them together seem to have even less of a positive effect.

He made his decision to stay in OKC for money not to win. He wanted the trade here for the extra $$ available when you re-sign your own player. He made that clear.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#551 » by LakerClipperFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Bron with another triple double last night!!
only 8 steals away from passing Bryant in all time steals!

Go Lebron! Go Lakers!
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#552 » by bb22 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:55 pm

SweetTouch wrote:PG3 can’t even lead his team to HCA in the postseason with an mvp teammate.

Often overlooked how stacked they are. PG + Rus + Adams + Schroder + a bunch of athletic wings. I guess they are missing shooters, but they have so much talent.
It's amazing how much they are underachieving. PG has had a great season, but he is nowhere near the top 5 in MVP ranking.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#553 » by LakerClipperFan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:07 am

Bron 7 steals away from passing Bryant on all-time steals!
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#554 » by Slink » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:10 am

LakerClipperFan wrote:Bron 7 steals away from passing Bryant on all-time steals!

*looks at poster name*

Pick one
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#555 » by LakerClipperFan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:20 am

I like both teams. I live in L.A. so get to rub up with fans of both clubs. For the next game on Friday night, think it's april 6, I'll prolly be rooting for Clipps if they need the game for playoff seed. Question whether LBJ is playing since it's a back2back w/GSW the prior night. we shall see. always wanna see The King rack up some huge numbers, even if I'm pulling for LAC to win the game.

Slink wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:Bron 7 steals away from passing Bryant on all-time steals!

*looks at poster name*

Pick one
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#556 » by Slink » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:31 am

LakerClipperFan wrote:I like both teams. I live in L.A. so get to rub up with fans of both clubs. For the next game on Friday night, think it's april 6, I'll prolly be rooting for Clipps if they need the game for playoff seed. Question whether LBJ is playing since it's a back2back w/GSW the prior night. we shall see. always wanna see The King rack up some huge numbers, even if I'm pulling for LAC to win the game.

Slink wrote:

*looks at poster name*

Pick one

So Clippers fan it is then. :lol:
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#557 » by Father Time » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Clippers/LeBron fan lmao
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#558 » by LakerClipperFan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:30 pm

So Bronny is back in action tomorrow night vs. CHARLOTTE at home... I feel like he's going to go off for at least 20, maybe 30 points. I'm watching those STEALS closely b/c he's about to pass Bryant in that department. Also climbing that assist ladder baby!!!

My Lakerfan friends are coming in from Cleveland tonight, so we will be @the game tom. nite!!! Woot woot!
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#559 » by LakerClipperFan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:19 pm

Bronny out for the remainder of the season......glad I got to see him in his last game of this season. Dude is going to be super strong when he comes back next season - the League is on notice. Hoping we can get some quality shooters to put around our #GOAT.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#560 » by TylersLakers » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 pm

With no Ingram, no Lonzo, no Hart, there was no point in playing LeBron. However, these last couple weeks were nice just to remember what he was capable of and seeing the team have some success.

Rob Pelinka & Magic Johnson are now on the clock.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers