ImageImageImageImageImage

The LeBron Thread (merged)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Re: The LeBron Thread (merged) 

Post#581 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:35 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Request a trade immediately man so we can get Kawhi and a 2nd star.

I know... bird in a hand, but sometimes that bird is an old buzzard:

Read on Twitter

Ah yes, "Reports" from people with 1-2k followers lmfao

Some of you guys legit are ridiculous. Let me get some of my friends with a few thousand followers to tweet cryptic tweets about Kawhi coming here and see what you say

There were also reports (from credible sources), that Kawhi and Lebron did discuss playing with each other and Kawhi would like that idea. I think Kawhi to LAC/LAL is up in the air. If not, a trade for AD is still in play or waiting until 2020 summer. There is also the scenario of Kemba/Jimmy, not a fan of this idea
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#582 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:34 am

nzahir wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Request a trade immediately man so we can get Kawhi and a 2nd star.

Read on Twitter

Some of you guys legit are ridiculous. Let me get some of my friends with a few thousand followers to tweet cryptic tweets about Kawhi coming here and see what you say

There were also reports (from credible sources), that Kawhi and Lebron did discuss playing with each other and Kawhi would like that idea. I think Kawhi to LAC/LAL is up in the air. If not, a trade for AD is still in play or waiting until 2020 summer. There is also the scenario of Kemba/Jimmy, not a fan of this idea

You obviously did not click into the source. The source is Dave McMenamin on the Sedano Show.

Edit: Sedano is recapping their discussion again live on air
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#583 » by nzahir » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:35 am

Danny Darko wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Read on Twitter

You obviously did not click into the source. The source is Dave McMenamin on the Sedano Show.

I didn't/still don't see the source from there

But I searched it

I still don't buy it. He knew what he was going to LAL for. If he wanted a well run franchise in LA, then he would have gone to LAC. If he wanted to stay king of his team with a lot of power, stay in CLE. If he wanted to win badly, pay cut to HOU or go to PHI
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#584 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 pm

nzahir wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
nzahir wrote:Ah yes, "Reports" from people with 1-2k followers lmfao

I didn't/still don't see the source from there

But I searched it

I still don't buy it. He knew what he was going to LAL for. If he wanted a well run franchise in LA, then he would have gone to LAC. If he wanted to stay king of his team with a lot of power, stay in CLE. If he wanted to win badly, pay cut to HOU or go to PHI

Those are valid points.

LeBron also refuted the report directly (not that he would agree knowing he has his FA class to recruit):

Read on Twitter
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#585 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 am

Gotta love the King. He is 100% focused on this franchise, you can't deny that. Next season must be special for all of us.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#586 » by stan francisco » Thu May 2, 2019 3:49 am

Trade him to NYK for the next dominant generational force; Zion. Or for AD. Get KD and KL in FA.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#587 » by SlimShady83 » Mon May 6, 2019 10:22 am

stan francisco wrote:Trade him to NYK for the next dominant generational force; Zion. Or for AD. Get KD and KL in FA.

:meditate: :meditate: :meditate:
Bring back Defense
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#588 » by Danny Darko » Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 am

now that we have one of the coaches we didn't want (two actually), we can focus on LBJ again I guess haha

Read on Twitter
King_Supreme
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#589 » by King_Supreme » Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 am

Bron need to get on that first plane to Milwaukee and get in Kawhi’s ear.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Re: Now that LeGroin has put a knife in his team mates’ backs... 

Post#590 » by walk with me » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:05 pm

walk with me wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Image

Not a lakers fan but this is so goddamn good....

You may see me handing out +1s left and right, don’t mind me as I’m just checking in on what lakers fans have to say during the Lebron experience/experiment.

I’m a heat fan since the ike Austin-Brian grant days. I wanted to test a change of scenery so went with Minnesota but the fan base and franchise is a joke and disaster. With that said my experience with Lebron has been like watching Bernie Madoff unfolding a masterful Ponzi scheme on innocent well to do people with honest hopes and dreams. Lebron takes your greatest assets and eliminates them, takes any achievements for his own selfish needs while deflecting any wrong doing, eventually leaving you with nothing but lint in your pockets and years of rebuilding (we heat are still trying to rebuild post Lebron and we tried to stay relevant but it wasn’t possible, Cleveland will be in shambles for years to come).

I’ve paid very close attention to this story as I have a love/hate relationship with the lakers (specifically as a heat fan). I’ve hated many of your players most notbanly Kobe and Derrick fisher. But what the lakers have provided the league is undeniable and I absolutely love the brand. The league is better when the lakers are actually good. I’ve even hated some of the young guys like Russell and Ingram for making the lakers brand look stupid. So when Lebron joined you guys I was kind of pissed off. Lebron is using the La brand for his own selfish needs (as usual) he wants to break Kareem scoring record in a lakers jersey which imo is disrespectful to the brand and he also wants to be a media magnate which is disrespectful to the game of basketball, the nba, the city of LA and most importantly the La lakers. Obviously anyone can do what they want but media shouldn’t be more important then Lebrons responsibility to the franchise. The problem is he doesn’t care about the franchise, only what he can steal from you guys. Fame, brand lift and media opportunities. So sadly I agree with miles, I think that thread is wonderful and true but Lebron will probably never be traded as magic and Pelinka would be scared to do it. Even though it would be the right thing to do for THE LAKERS!

With all that said I wish you guys luck in this situation. I hope the lakers doesnt turn into a retirement home, I loved the lakers as an enemy and as a great formidable opponent I’d rather you be my Apollo creed to rocky balboa instead of a place that washed up guys go to set up their post nba career. I wish everyone in here well and I hope Lebron doesn’t ruin your franchise for the interim like he did mine.

Greetings laker fam!

Hope the mods don’t kill me for this but I was thinking about a post I made here a few years back and decided to dig it up.

Aged better than I thought. I wish you guys well! Love the lakers (even as an enemy) and don’t want to see your frustrations targeted at the wrong people. Jeanie is an angel. Pelinka may not be perfect but he gets it. There’s one single person responsible for the misery and if I nailed it in 2019… I can’t be crazy.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers