ImageImageImageImageImage

The LeBron Thread (merged)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Now that LeGroin has put a knife in his team mates’ backs... 

Post#241 » by BEazy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:17 am

I just feel like instead of signing LeBron in the summer, we rolled with Jules and the youngins we probably would've sucked, that much is true, but I feel like if we tanked this one last season we would've had a chance at Zion freaking Williamson... I mean talk about bad timing...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#242 » by mcscotty » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:02 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I just feel like instead of signing LeBron in the summer, we rolled with Jules and the youngins we probably would've sucked, that much is true, but I feel like if we tanked this one last season we would've had a chance at Zion freaking Williamson... I mean talk about bad timing...

At this point, I'd probably trade him, too. I'm tired of this amateur hour preschool we've been running for the past 5 years. Bring in some real "grown ass men" that will show up every night.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#243 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:06 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I just feel like instead of signing LeBron in the summer, we rolled with Jules and the youngins we probably would've sucked, that much is true, but I feel like if we tanked this one last season we would've had a chance at Zion freaking Williamson... I mean talk about bad timing...

Maybe we just straight trade Bron (let's be honest it could actually take more) for whoever wins Zion?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#244 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:49 am

Trying really hard not to get sucked into the negative LeBron narrative... But at the same time, the way things have been going since we got him, has a bit of a **** smell to it...

It's pretty clear he didn't come here to play with these players or for this coach... And so far, it seems like Magic and Rob were eager to hand over personnel decision making power to him, which is disappointing... Magic says he wants an "Ol Skool Coach"... How 'bout we get an Ol Skool Gm first.
We need to be a little more Riley in this bitch...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#245 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:32 am

You guys are so funny. Our team would be a bottom dweller next to Phoenix if LeBron hadn't come. Remember we were the 4th seed before his injury, how people quickly forget...
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#246 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:19 am

stan francisco wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
This.

He has one option only and he needs to do it tomorrow or he should be traded by the TD for AD.

He has to pull out one knife at a time and have a face to face where he squares this garbage up, like a man.

I drafted the absolutely necessary for him to say above. And it’ll still take a while before this group plays for each other again.

By now, Demps would probably do it just to piss AD and LBJ off.

It would sure send no-meddling signals to the players. That’s what this was about, as mentioned here — players vs GMs, not basketball or team. If I were the owner, I’d probably consider this a crisis and take charge to right the shop before it’s too late.

Do it, Jeannie!

I see this team playing for each other again once LeBron is not with them. I'll put LeBron in the trade market right now and give him away for the best offer. Willing to add a draft pick just to make it happen.

Why not three picks, or a historical four?

We have enough youth for a while in Ball, Ingram, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner.

Welcome to LA, AD! Kawhi or Klay or Durant will join you in the summer.

DEAL!
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#247 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:23 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:You guys are so funny. Our team would be a bottom dweller next to Phoenix if LeBron hadn't come. Remember we were the 4th seed before his injury, how people quickly forget...

Maybe you are also forgetting that it is not just LeBron who is in the injury list. Kuz, Ball, Rondo, McGee, Chandler had their share in that list too. Even the kids are starting to get it together even without LeBron until Ball's injury. This is the team who withstand the Warriors in Christmas day even without LeBron. And obviously, we will go for other star players if there is no LeBron here.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#248 » by Dr Aki » Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:27 am

dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#249 » by dingclancy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 11:00 am

We already know what LeBron is bringing here along with the entourage and clout.

What I did not expect is the Lakers caving just like that. They should already know this would happen.

But there are many factors here one of which is Rich Paul forcing the hand of everyone, both NOP and LAL to make this deal.

The Lakers would like to get Davis but they would prefer to do it in the offseason along with getting another FA. Rushing all this to get Davis just wrecked the timeline.

But Davis is still better than all our assets combined anyway. Only us Lakers fans are high on them. So in many ways, Klutch gave us an opening.

These young Lakers are just not good enough (yet).

In the big picture we drafted and/or developed these youngins badly.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#250 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 4:59 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Image

Need Jeannie's face on this somehow

"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Lebron: Shooting an Elephant 

Post#251 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:10 pm

I really can't get emotionally invested in the whole Trade Lebron thing... I mean even at my most frustrated, that just seems like a silly, overreaction...

But like I said right after we got him... The plan pretty much has to be to get him and ideally, 2 more top star players...
Not necessarily him and top tier stars like KD and AD, but at least 2 second rung superstars...

And the only real way for us to do that is via trade and free agency. We really need to make a big trade right now... Honestly, I don't think Marc Gasol does it for us... I think we need to get 1 of AD, KD, KL, KI, or KT right now, and add another one of them this summer...

I'm afraid if we don't do that, bringing in LeBron may ultimately be a huge bust...

So as much as I don't get the trade lebron thing as a serious thought... The plan had to have been get a guy like AD at the deadline, and get one of the rest this summer... Almost had to be specifically AD and Kyrie, to be honest... Maybe Klay...
So if that doesn't happen, I think trading LeBron may actually have to be a quiet topic of conversation among the lakers.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron didn't start demanding a trade if we can't land a top FA, and have plans for another...

I mean, WHAT IF Kawhi goes to the Clips, and they get one of the other ones too... They may be better than us even if we added Irving too.... But If AD goes to Boston, would Kyrie really leave?
Point being, while everyone else is bitching about us, other teams are setting themselves up to be another Big Whatever... That's in addition to what Philly already did.
Trading LeBron for the #1 pick in this draft makes a hell of a lot more sense if you ask around and find out none of the top guys want to play with him...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#252 » by stan francisco » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:20 pm

Trade LBJ for AD. Now. Include JMG, picks and cash until Demps shuts up.

Do it, Jeannie! Step in, take charge. Magic is dancing to LeGrampa’s whistle.

Plus, Demps would save face. Only problem is Klutch, but it could always be argued that both teams are doing this to get the most out of a bad situation for both teams. That’s a tough one, but as far as GMs vs players and their agencies go, I think Demps would like to let them agencies know who is boss. Lakers management should do the same.

Why? To prevent stars from operating as GMs, ruining great franchises in the process.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#253 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:24 pm

**** Klutch... i think the league is on board with that sentiment.

Read on Twitter
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#254 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:38 pm

Danny Darko wrote:**** Klutch... i think the league is on board with that sentiment.

Read on Twitter

That said... We get AD and those guys are lining up... So it's relative...

Still not a good look so far, but there's still time.

If we don't get AD though... And guys shun us in the off-season? We're kinda screwed.

Trade LeBron, fire Magic and Rob, hope your get someone good and young in the process to build around...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#255 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:51 pm

LeBron on Trade Deadline Chatter/AD:

"I kind of tend not to play much fantasy basketball, that's how I've always been," James said, via the Los Angeles Times. "If something were to occur with our team, whether it's him or it's somebody else throughout the trade deadline, we'll approach it then. But right now this is the group that we have and we're missing a key point of our team right now with [Lonzo Ball] being out so we have to win ballgames."

"We all know this is a business – it is a business – you go out and you prepare as a professional," James said. "That's what you're supposed to do. It's a business so right now this is who we have, this is my group, this is the group I'm trying to lead out there to try and win ballgames. That's all I've ever done. I always have."

Having teammates involved in trade rumors leading up to the annual deadline is nothing new for James, who has seen a plethora of players come and go on deadline day over the years.

"I've had teammates every year be a part of trade deadline discussions and things of that nature and we've always figured out to just shield that away and play the game," James said. "So, if guys happen to get traded, we know that's the business side of things. It definitely hurts to lose teammates, especially at this point in the season, but it's the business and it doesn't mean that you're fired and you don't have a job, things of that nature, you still have a job, you're still able to play the game that you love."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/anthony-davis-trade-rumors-lebron-james-responds-to-lakers-pursuit-of-pelicans-all-star/
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#256 » by walk with me » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:17 pm

Not a lakers fan but this is so goddamn good....

You may see me handing out +1s left and right, don’t mind me as I’m just checking in on what lakers fans have to say during the Lebron experience/experiment.

I’m a heat fan since the ike Austin-Brian grant days. I wanted to test a change of scenery so went with Minnesota but the fan base and franchise is a joke and disaster. With that said my experience with Lebron has been like watching Bernie Madoff unfolding a masterful Ponzi scheme on innocent well to do people with honest hopes and dreams. Lebron takes your greatest assets and eliminates them, takes any achievements for his own selfish needs while deflecting any wrong doing, eventually leaving you with nothing but lint in your pockets and years of rebuilding (we heat are still trying to rebuild post Lebron and we tried to stay relevant but it wasn’t possible, Cleveland will be in shambles for years to come).

I’ve paid very close attention to this story as I have a love/hate relationship with the lakers (specifically as a heat fan). I’ve hated many of your players most notbanly Kobe and Derrick fisher. But what the lakers have provided the league is undeniable and I absolutely love the brand. The league is better when the lakers are actually good. I’ve even hated some of the young guys like Russell and Ingram for making the lakers brand look stupid. So when Lebron joined you guys I was kind of pissed off. Lebron is using the La brand for his own selfish needs (as usual) he wants to break Kareem scoring record in a lakers jersey which imo is disrespectful to the brand and he also wants to be a media magnate which is disrespectful to the game of basketball, the nba, the city of LA and most importantly the La lakers. Obviously anyone can do what they want but media shouldn’t be more important then Lebrons responsibility to the franchise. The problem is he doesn’t care about the franchise, only what he can steal from you guys. Fame, brand lift and media opportunities. So sadly I agree with miles, I think that thread is wonderful and true but Lebron will probably never be traded as magic and Pelinka would be scared to do it. Even though it would be the right thing to do for THE LAKERS!

With all that said I wish you guys luck in this situation. I hope the lakers doesnt turn into a retirement home, I loved the lakers as an enemy and as a great formidable opponent I’d rather you be my Apollo creed to rocky balboa instead of a place that washed up guys go to set up their post nba career. I wish everyone in here well and I hope Lebron doesn’t ruin your franchise for the interim like he did mine.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,463

Post#257 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:20 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Need Jeannie's face on this somehow

Need DLo/Nance/Clarkson/Randle incorporated somehow
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: LeGroin: Update "It's a Business, we're professionals" 

Post#258 » by TyCobb » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:23 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers-forward-michael-beasley-disputes-reported-incident-coach-luke-walton-000350046.html

Professional leakers... LeBron played a game that day, it just wasn't on the court.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Re: LeGroin: Update "It's a Business, we're professionals" 

Post#259 » by TwoStarz » Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:37 pm

TyCobb wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers-forward-michael-beasley-disputes-reported-incident-coach-luke-walton-000350046.html

Professional leakers... LeBron played a game that day, it just wasn't on the court.

Lebron is a cancer...probably one of the main reasons as to why he hasn't won as much despite his outwordly talents. Hes a **** teammate to play alongside.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#260 » by Revived » Thu Feb 7, 2019 12:57 am

Danny Darko wrote:**** Klutch... i think the league is on board with that sentiment.

I honestly think Rich Paul is one of the most cancerous figures in professional sports.

If LeBron’s smart, he needs to fire the guy and end all relations with him.

IIRC, Rich Paul was also the main one from LeBron’s camp that pushed him to “The Decision” thing too.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers