The LeBron Thread (merged)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Re: The LeBron Thread (merged) 

Post#481 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 7, 2019 3:24 am

when we were talking about LeBron as a pipedream to sign here there were nightmare scenarios too:

1. He'd ball stop an offense that shared the ball so well
2. He'd try to ship out the youth for his buddies or hinder their growth
3. He'd degrade physically and get hurt
4. It would be hard to accept someone we didn't like all those years

safe to say literally all of the nightmare is squarely where we're at right now outside of:

The FO wasn't able to ship out the youth successfully (yet)
He has performed well enough outside of D and those pesky 5 weeks he was hurt

For me- even if we were in the middle of the playoffs, he hasn't been fun to root for outside of his humanitarian work
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#482 » by stan francisco » Thu Mar 7, 2019 3:36 am

Danny Darko wrote:when we were talking about LeBron as a pipedream to sign here there were nightmare scenarios too:

1. He'd ball stop an offense that shared the ball so well
2. He'd try to ship out the youth for his buddies or hinder their growth
3. He'd degrade physically and get hurt
4. It would be hard to accept someone we didn't like all those years

safe to say literally all of the nightmare is squarely where we're at right now outside of:

The FO wasn't able to ship out the youth successfully (yet)
He has performed well enough outside of D and those pesky 5 weeks he was hurt

For me- even if we were in the middle of the playoffs, he hasn't been fun to root for outside of his humanitarian work

Amen.

And, trade his back stabbing ass to NYK. Both his and Nagic’s legend-egos might actually survive that.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#483 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Mar 7, 2019 3:39 am

devil's advocate here- the one thing nobody is mentioning yet is the fact that every body and their mother knew that Lebron's first year with the Lakers was going to be a waste. not as bad as it turned out to be, but we all knew first year is a waste. we right on schedule I guess.....
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#484 » by Showtime:Part2 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:23 am

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1599074

No idea why it got locked but just for proof on who was on the right/wrong side of history

I should be gm. Magic is a moron. Honestly, in this day and age it shocks me teams still go for sports icons over people with analytical and technical backgrounds (not necessarily me but at least I was a math major and work in a very technical field so I’m not a dope), who signs a 34 year old to a 4y Max contract and in the process gives up multiple sub 23 year old budding players to do so? Jeanie buss needs to sit down and watch moneyball
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#485 » by Kilroy » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:21 am

If we hadn't fired Mitch/jim...
We'd have Russell, Ingram, Randle, and Ball, or maybe Tatum...
And the Mozgov/Deng would be expiring in 19-20...
When AD will be an unrestricted free agent.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
timetoshinebaby
Junior
And1: 309

Post#486 » by timetoshinebaby » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:47 am

Ok say you offered up LeCrumble, what would you target from another team or want from another team? Whats the dream scenario?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#487 » by Dr Aki » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:16 am

Kilroy wrote:If we hadn't fired Mitch/jim...

And maybe another albatross or 2
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#488 » by Revived » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:28 am

tanksonbaby wrote:Ok say you offered up LeCrumble, what would you target from another team or want from another team? Whats the dream scenario?

Has to be a team that’s a contender which would see LeBron as getting them over the hump.

Philly comes to mind since they were originally on ‘Bron’s short list.

Ben Simmons would be the target especially if Lonzo is being shipped in the summer as rumored.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#489 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:41 am

tanksonbaby wrote:Ok say you offered up LeCrumble, what would you target from another team or want from another team? Whats the dream scenario?

I saw Markannen and the Bulls 2019 1st tonight and thought that was intriguing
Zion
AD
Lilard and a pick or Nurkic
several picks and cap space
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#490 » by Kilroy » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:03 am

Dr Aki wrote:

And maybe another albatross or 2

Yeah... Cause not having those 'albatross' contracts really opened up the world for us...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#491 » by stan francisco » Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:18 pm

Dream scenario? Shed the salary. Multiple high picks? Just get the scumbag out of here.

Again after yesterday’s loss, he blames our young four best players for our record. Meanwhile, doesn’t even try on defense.

Is he for real? Does he not realize anymore that they and the fans think this is about basketball?

It was quite telling yesterday how he wasn’t celebrated more by his teammates when passing Jordan. Rondo sat 20 feet away from him, by the scorers’ table.

Winning in the absence of friends celebrating it with you isn’t really winning.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#492 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:35 pm

stan francisco wrote:

Dream scenario? Shed the salary. Multiple high picks? Just get the scumbag out of here.

Again after yesterday’s loss, he blames our young four best players for our record. Meanwhile, doesn’t even try on defense.

Is he for real? Does he not realize anymore that they and the fans think this is about basketball?

It was quite telling yesterday how he wasn’t celebrated more by his teammates when passing Jordan. Rondo sat 20 feet away from him, by the scorers’ table.

The narrative that he's an almost omnipotent mind for the game and what is going on has been completely broken by the fact that he doesn't even know who is a positive (core youngsters) and who is a negative (meme team vets). I guess his Bronies will say he does know and he does everything for a reason (aka he's lying to protect team culture, or get more out of the productive youth, or some crap). That doesn't really jive to me though.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#493 » by stan francisco » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:57 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

The narrative that he's an almost omnipotent mind for the game and what is going on has been completely broken by the fact that he doesn't even know who is a positive (core youngsters) and who is a negative (meme team vets). I guess his Bronies will say he does know and he does everything for a reason (aka he's lying to protect team culture, or get more out of the productive youth, or some crap). That doesn't really jive to me though.

Chemistry is always an under estimated factor by GMs and owners who don’t get it. It’s toxic. Jersey sales be damned, trade him for a solid star big man.
Kobe_for_3
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#494 » by Kobe_for_3 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:29 pm

If we did have them all would we want to pay them all max(or near max) scale contracts? someone is going to pay Delo a ton next year!
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#495 » by Showtime:Part2 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:50 pm

How can u beat the monstars if u can’t make the playoffs. Bugs bunny gonna get thrown under the bus
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#496 » by Muscles » Thu Mar 7, 2019 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#497 » by Dieselbound&Down » Thu Mar 7, 2019 11:31 pm

As of today the top 4 all time scorers in the NBA all ended their careers playing for the Lakers (assuming Lebron ends his career with LA).
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#498 » by TyCobb » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:00 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252892/Kawhi-Leonard-Reportedly-Not-Interested-In-Playing-With-LeBron-James

When Kawhi Leonard sought a trade from the San Antonio Spurs last offseason, he had the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers on his list. The equation for Leonard, however, appeared to change once the Lakers signed LeBron James.

"I do not," said Michael C. Wright when asked if he believes Leonard would have interest in playing with James on the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening.

"I think he goes to the Clippers."

Wright has consistently been one of the most reliable reporters in the NBA when it comes to news on Leonard.

End of Kobe's career vibes...

Kemba and Leonard to Clippers. Durant and Irving to Knicks. Harris stays with Sixers. Thompson and Cousins stay with Warriors.

I think that leaves us with Butler.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#499 » by milesfides » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:27 am

Why can trade Lebron away for nothing more than just capspace to land Kawhi. And keep our young core together another year for just 20m total. We’d have plenty of money left to fill out a roster and have nearly an entirely new team.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#500 » by Danny Darko » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:45 am

getting even butler right now would be a relative win

Return to Los Angeles Lakers