ImageImageImageImageImage

The LeBron Thread (merged)

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: The LeBron Thread (merged) 

Post#501 » by stan francisco » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:40 am

LeBron limited to 32 minutes per game. That leaves 16 minutes per game for the kids to play together. They’re gonna have so much fun we’ll make the playoffs.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#502 » by milesfides » Sat Mar 9, 2019 8:12 pm

I’m not superstitious, but is there a Lebron curse yet? What more can go catastrophically wrong?
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#503 » by chefy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:00 pm

this is gb material thread i honestly cant believe this thread exist lmao

the guy is averaging almost a triple double and shooting 500% and here we are talking about trading him lol
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,394

Post#504 » by Danny Darko » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:41 pm

chefy wrote:this is gb material thread i honestly cant believe this thread exist lmao

the guy is averaging almost a triple double and shooting 500% and here we are talking about trading him lol

In fairness he missed the most games in a season he ever has and isn't young anymore. I think he'll continue to be productive like Malone was, but he's turning 35.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#505 » by milesfides » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter

JVG on board
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#506 » by Muscles » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:17 pm

milesfides wrote:I’m not superstitious, but is there a Lebron curse yet? What more can go catastrophically wrong?

What has that gotten you in must win games after allstar break?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#507 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
chefy wrote:this is gb material thread i honestly cant believe this thread exist lmao

In fairness he missed the most games in a season he ever has and isn't young anymore. I think he'll continue to be productive like Malone was, but he's turning 35.

If you could trade LeBron to the East for like Simmons or Freak, maybe you do it... What you don't want to do is help a west coast team like GSW get even better by trading him there...

Trading LeBron has to be on the table right now... We don't have enough desirable assets or picks to give us so many options that we can keep an option like that off the table... That said, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that a deal comes along that makes us better and satisfies all the other little bits to make trading LeBron a smart move...

It would be far easier to simply build around what LeBron does on the court, than it would be to trade him... But it would be so much easier if LeBron would let the process happen without trying to dictate it... The pressure he tries to exert through Klutch has clearly become a negative even for fellow players... Especially the elite ones.

I mean you have to admit at least part of the reason trading LeBron is being talked about right now, is LeBron's own damned fault.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#508 » by TyCobb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Only place that makes sense for LeBron is the Knicks. Irving and him can go to NY.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#509 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:

If you could trade LeBron to the East for like Simmons or Freak, maybe you do it... What you don't want to do is help a west coast team like GSW get even better by trading him there...

Trading LeBron has to be on the table right now... We don't have enough desirable assets or picks to give us so many options that we can keep an option like that off the table... That said, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that a deal comes along that makes us better and satisfies all the other little bits to make trading LeBron a smart move...

It would be far easier to simply build around what LeBron does on the court, than it would be to trade him... But it would be so much easier if LeBron would let the process happen without trying to dictate it... The pressure he tries to exert through Klutch has clearly become a negative even for fellow players... Especially the elite ones.

I mean you have to admit at least part of the reason trading LeBron is being talked about right now, is LeBron's own damned fault.

Would be easier if Bron knew what he wanted to do and stuck to it. Score or playmake. He wanted playmakers over shooters because he wanted to score off the ball in theory, and yes he averages 27 but he's the one bringing the ball up the floor and making reads. In Cleveland he wanted straight shooters besides Kyrie and used them but complained he had to playmake, yet would take the ball out Kyrie hands.

If he settled in his head on being Magic or MK/Kobe his final years he would be fine. Either average 20 and 12 assists while playing PG. Or score 32-35 a night with 7 rebs.

It is much easier to sign up for that defined role if you are kawhi
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#510 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:32 pm

TyCobb wrote:Only place that makes sense for LeBron is the Knicks. Irving and him can go to NY.

I'm on board with this option too... But maybe not before the lottery balls drop... Then ship him to Dolan, who probably isn't that interested in waiting for even Zion to be a consistent NBA player...

But it could be LeBron/Kyrie AND KD after the dust clears... Have to be comfortable with that one... Which I think I am, because I think KD and LeBron will eventually clash.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#511 » by Revived » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 am

milesfides wrote:
Read on Twitter

JVG on board

Mark Jackson’s homerism for Klutch clients is so beyond annoying.

ESPN needs to make a rule that this idiot cannot be commentating games in which a Klutch client is playing or coaching in.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#512 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:53 am

How about the fact that he’s a locker room cancer and plays no defense
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#513 » by stan francisco » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:29 pm

He tried to trade all his best team mates and failed and they all know it. He can take his 30-10-10 and go to NYK.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#514 » by iamworthy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#515 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm

If/when we strike out in FA, can the possiblity of trading lebron at least be entertained by both parties?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#516 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kuzma's an anomaly to me... He was such a great jump shooter as a rookie, but he was a little bit of a black hole... He was either shooting all game or he wasn't shooting...
Then this year, he seemed to buy into a role and play off ball better, but he seemed to actively pass up jump shots for awkward drives to the basket... And the Jumpers stopped falling...
Honestly, it looked like he was trying to out-Ingram, Ingram...

He seems to have the ability to be a Klay Thompson-type player, but the mentality that a role like that isn't enough for him...

He's still young though... He gets in the gym and gets shots up and he's going to be a great 3rd or 4th option on a contender as a shooter/floor spreader... Oh, and he needs to figure out how to play D at this level...

But if he continues to do what he did this season, I'm worried his value is going to start to plummet.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#517 » by TyCobb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter

noimpact#
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#518 » by iamworthy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kuzma's an anomaly to me... He was such a great jump shooter as a rookie, but he was a little bit of a black hole... He was either shooting all game or he wasn't shooting...
Then this year, he seemed to buy into a role and play off ball better, but he seemed to actively pass up jump shots for awkward drives to the basket... And the Jumpers stopped falling...
Honestly, it looked like he was trying to out-Ingram, Ingram...

He seems to have the ability to be a Klay Thompson-type player, but the mentality that a role like that isn't enough for him...

He's still young though... He gets in the gym and gets shots up and he's going to be a great 3rd or 4th option on a contender as a shooter/floor spreader... Oh, and he needs to figure out how to play D at this level...

But if he continues to do what he did this season, I'm worried his value is going to start to plummet.

I think those tweets are more of an indictment on the front office than kuz.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,394

Post#519 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:20 pm

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#520 » by TyCobb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Save us Jeanie.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers