ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 2: Houston Rockets (0-0) @ Los Angeles Lakers (0-0) - LOSS - 0-2

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Re: Game 2: Houston Rockets (0-0) @ Los Angeles Lakers (0-0) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#261 » by mcscotty » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 am

On a positive note, I liked the way we transitioned from half court to fast paced ball. Not easy to change the rhythm and tempo mid game.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Post#262 » by dockingsched » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:29 am

XXBKXX wrote:Terrible situation. Losing the game so we are 0-2 to start the season.. then will lose BI .. we can survive Rondo but losing BI will hurt. (This whole thing was started by punk as CP3)

BTW - I'm very disappointed in bron. Where is the "King"?? Looks like hes coasting these games and he disappears at the end of games. This has always been the biggest difference btwn LBJ and Kobe.. but it's more apparent/frustrating now that hes on our team.. this is a young team. Bron needs to carry this team at the end of games to get the W..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have a totally opposite outlook. If there’s ever a time for Lebron to let others step up and build themselves up, it’s now. If he starts dominating the ball and not letting others develop, then they’re going no where.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#263 » by H00PDREAMS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:30 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:I'll take the L. Plus the CP3 punching bag.

Haha! :lol: dam!
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#264 » by Kobe System » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:30 am

crazy8ights wrote:Man we haven't won a game in awhile. I'm a little concerned about the locker room your leader is hugging their instigator :crazy: LBJ should have been hugging Ingram

When a fight break lose, you hug an opponent. Not a teammate. It will make your opponent defenseless.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#265 » by Dr Aki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 am

looks like we might get a caruso call up for however long rondo is suspended
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#266 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 am

H00PDREAMS wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:I'll take the L. Plus the CP3 punching bag.

Haha! :lol: dam!

Rondo and Ingram clipped him good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#267 » by hazy_01 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 am

Hey at least we get to see more Lonzo. He was great tonight, 4/8 from beyond the arc.
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#268 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:34 am

I loved that ruckus at the end. That’s the kinda fire I wanna see. Is cool we took the L but showing that fight was awesome. CP will always and forever be a baby back bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#269 » by BEazy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 am

In all honesty, I'm disappointed LeBron didn't take over the game. Not gonna say any names, but somebody we all know pretty well would've killed any opponent in his way. Just sayin...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#270 » by H00PDREAMS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 am

dockingsched wrote:
XXBKXX wrote:Terrible situation. Losing the game so we are 0-2 to start the season.. then will lose BI .. we can survive Rondo but losing BI will hurt. (This whole thing was started by punk as CP3)

BTW - I'm very disappointed in bron. Where is the "King"?? Looks like hes coasting these games and he disappears at the end of games. This has always been the biggest difference btwn LBJ and Kobe.. but it's more apparent/frustrating now that hes on our team.. this is a young team. Bron needs to carry this team at the end of games to get the W..

Have a totally opposite outlook. If there’s ever a time for Lebron to let others step up and build themselves up, it’s now. If he starts dominating the ball and not letting others develop, then they’re going no where.

Word. We don’t need bron playing Superman right now. For what? 2nd game of the season we are not good. Game 6-7 of the western conference finals then we need him to be the king. Until then I’d rather see him teaching on the floor to help build a winner. We ain’t there yet.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,462

Post#271 » by dockingsched » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 am

Read on Twitter

Gotta say don’t really care if this is true, Paul is as dirty as they come.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#272 » by No name » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 am

Sushisensei26 wrote:I loved that ruckus at the end. That’s the kinda fire I wanna see. Is cool we took the L but showing that fight was awesome. CP will always and forever be a baby back bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah, but he's Bron's baby back bitch. I wonder who has the balls to call Bron out on that consoling CP3 ****.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#273 » by BEazy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 am

I mean we are in the western conference. A win could totally make a difference between making the playoffs or missing the playoffs.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#274 » by Dr Aki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:38 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

so paul is also a snitch in addition to being such a little bitch
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#275 » by kblo247 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 am

dockingsched wrote:

We agree on this. They are two different people. We need Lebron to go Kobe in March-June. These first few months he’s okay starting slow because that’s been the thing in Cleveland and Miami. He is the ra-ra i believe in you guy early on. And historically his guys have fed on that.

Kobe was a different breed in the sense that he was full tilt intensity and certain guys just fed off it from tip like Fisher while others shied away and knew to get the duck.

I guess this can be seen as a semi positive. The Rockets May lose some games early which changes seeding late in the big picture out west.

Now as far as the lakers goes, Luke needs to use this time to play Kuz at sf and Ball at pg. I would also shorten the bench to 3 people off it. Let Lance play backup pg, let Hart eat all the backup wing minutes as sixth man, and let Beasley time his rhythm as the iso scorer. Then play KCP more with both units so he finds his confidence and let McGee be rewarded with finishing games for his hard play. Realistically it’s 5 games Rondo will be impacted and 10 for Ingram I think, so letting Ball, Kuzma, KcP, McGee, and Beasley benefit the most only helps us. I’m not into that try to play svi or Zubac bs
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#276 » by No name » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:41 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

When someone spits in your face you take your finger and push the man's forehead? Not buying it. No. He didn't look around to see if anyone saw that Rondo spit. He didn't react defensive. CP3 was being the tough guy with the wrong dude.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#277 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:44 am

doesnt look like he spat on him. probably just blew on his face or smth
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#278 » by TwoStarz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:44 am

dockingsched wrote:

Awful awful take. Stop making excuses for the “King” his team kept him in the game all night and all he has to do is close the deal. You don’t pick and choose games to lose in the NBA, that’s not how a professional sport works. You have a chance to win you go get that W, not build whatever the heck you are talking about. It won’t be long till fans turn on him if he keeps blowing his end of the bargain. Just standing there and letting ppl blow by him on defense is not “building others up”.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#279 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:45 am

This Rockets team can't pull the sh*t they did against the Clips last year. I don't see them trying to enter the Lakers locker room after they saw how that skinny sleepy looking dude turns into a beast. BI aint backing down against Harden, CP3 and Melo. This is a message to the whole league that they should not mess with the Lakers.

Props to Rondo for punching CP3 in the face twice. And Zo for not walking away this time.

CP3 is now the official punching bag of the Lakers.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#280 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:45 am

TyCobb wrote:This that atmosphere we've been waiting for!!! YESSS

I wonder if Lebron is having second thoughts about being in the Western Conference
Forum permissions