Start Hart

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: Ingram as 6th man and Start Hart? 

Post#61 » by Dr Aki » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Ingram's guarding the people Hart and Ball can't... And Hart's basically shown nothing this year that would indicate he's starter material... He occasionally hits an open 3 but he's anything but a sharpshooter...

Ingram's becoming this season's Randle... People just hating to hate.

Meanwhile the closer to December it gets the more KCP wakes up and he's proving to be the guy who should be called on at the 2. His OCtobers just outright kill him with the short camp

I think it's back to the obvious plan A everyone had in the preseason.

Ball, KCP, Ingram, LeBron, McGee
Rondo, Lance, Hart, Kuzma, Chandler

Ingram's early suspension gave Kuz an opportunity to score 37 points and based on that 4 game stretch allowed Kuz to keep his starting spot and severely imbalance the starting and bench crews.

I'd hesitate to think of what our season would be like if LeBron wasn't still LeBron
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#62 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Ingram's guarding the people Hart and Ball can't... And Hart's basically shown nothing this year that would indicate he's starter material... He occasionally hits an open 3 but he's anything but a sharpshooter...

Meanwhile the closer to December it gets the more KCP wakes up and he's proving to be the guy who should be called on at the 2. His OCtobers just outright kill him with the short camp

Ingram's early suspension gave Kuz an opportunity to score 37 points and based on that 4 game stretch allowed Kuz to keep his starting spot and severely imbalance the starting and bench crews.

I'd hesitate to think of what our season would be like if LeBron wasn't still LeBron

Kuzma the starter is greater than Ingram the starter. And honestly Kuz is the starting 3 with Bron as the starting 4 even now as he stays close to the goal to rebound and does minimal rotations on perimeter D.

Lonzo/Rondo
KCP/Ingram
LeBron/Lance
Kuzma/Hart
Javale/Tyson

That's the team
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#63 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:15 pm

double post
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#64 » by Landsberger » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:48 am

Dr Aki wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Based on play and fit Ingram and Bron should not be on the same unit. Both stop the ball and isolate..... and Bron is about a million % better at it than Ingram. Ingram can be the ball stopper for the second unit and let Kuzma work off the ball with Bron which is where he's best by far.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: Start Hart 

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:05 am

Exactly. Ingram and Kuzma should not both be on the floor when LeBron is. Kuzma is better off the ball next to Bron but Ingram’s defense is better.

Which is why Ingram should join Rondo, KCP, Lance and Chandler on the second unit. Which is in turn why Hart should start.

I’d still like to see us run two hockey fives, a slow veteran lineup and a fast young one.

But since that’s not gonna happen, it should then (IMO) be Ball-Hart-LBJ-Kuzma-JMG starting, and Rondo, KCP, Lance, Ingram, Chandler coming off the pine. Those are two cohesive units on both ends.

Ingram is undoubtedly one of our top five players. So was Odom.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#66 » by Dr Aki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:07 pm

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#67 » by TyCobb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Really wish this guy would stay on the ground for these damn pump fakes.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by stan francisco » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 pm

I guess he’s been playing hurt for the last few games.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#69 » by Laker_Kid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 pm

i miss SL MVP Hart. this broken Hart is boring.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:10 pm

It’s good to see that Ingram is getting better at playing off the ball so far in this short season.

He should study Reggie Miller’s game for off the ball lanky wing catch and shoot excellence. And he should of course mix it up by attacking the rim extendoman style but right now, a slight off the ball catch and shoot improvement is good to see. Or maybe my eyes fail me.
BeanBurrito
Junior
And1: 125

Post#71 » by BeanBurrito » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:01 pm

Start Hart. Bring Ingram off the bench. Then again, just wait till Rondo comes back to evaluate for good.
Spoiler:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers