ImageImageImageImageImage

Kuzma should not leave the starting lineup

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Kuzma should not leave the starting lineup 

Post#21 » by kblo247 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 am

TylersLakers wrote:Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, LeBron, McGee should start.

Stagger the minutes between LeBron & Ingram. One of those two on the court at all times.

Hart, Rondo, Svi, Lance, Williams off the bench.

KCP is an awful fit when he turns down shots and can’t make shots. I’d rather those 19 minutes be distributed to Rondo and Hart.

You could always steal from what Kerr did to Livingston and Iguodala by bringing Rondo and Ingram off the bench
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#22 » by Spens1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

stan francisco wrote:Kuzma’s defense isn’t nearly as good as Ingram’s but it’s been getting much better. He still can’t guard PGs for crap while Ingram can and does.

Kuzma is a better fit with LBJ on offense.

Lonzo, Ingram, James, Kuz, McGee is badass. So is
Lonzo, Hart, James, Kuz, McGee... and
Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, LBJ, Kuz... small ball

I know, trade Ingram, Zubac and KCP for AD! :lol:

Lonzo, Hart, LBJ, Kuzma, AD. Yeah.

Ingram has not had a good start to the season at all to be honest. Him being the 6th man may not be a bad thing.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#23 » by Spens1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

milesfides wrote:Well you’d have to trade Lebron, because he’s in Kuzma’s way at the four. Neither can play center.

I mean if The Pels gave us Anthony Davis or the bucks gave us Giannis i wouldn't argue :lol:
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#24 » by Landsberger » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Kilroy wrote:He'd be perfect in the starting lineup if he still could shoot like he did for most of the season last year... Not sure why he's not still hitting 3s like he used to.

He was streak shooter last year too if memory serves.

I think when we’re short handed he becomes more of a priority in the offense and does better. Last year he used to go 4 or 5 minutes without touching the ball . If he can find a way to stay involved I think the consistency will be there. His best play last year was when we were short handed.

That said, not sure he’s the 50% shooter we saw early last year....maybe a 47% overall shooter.

What I’d like to see more is the rebounding he showed at times last year. He had the second most double doubles on the team.

His defense is a little improved when he’s not being asked to be a 5. Not great but he at least is understanding the scheme.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#25 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Just hope we hit in Free agency. Randle is beasting for NO right now. Posting 29/14 per 36 minutes and he's hit a 3 pointer in every game.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#26 » by TylersLakers » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:03 pm

kblo247 wrote:

Stagger the minutes between LeBron & Ingram. One of those two on the court at all times.

Hart, Rondo, Svi, Lance, Williams off the bench.

KCP is an awful fit when he turns down shots and can’t make shots. I’d rather those 19 minutes be distributed to Rondo and Hart.

You could always steal from what Kerr did to Livingston and Iguodala by bringing Rondo and Ingram off the bench

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea as well.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#27 » by milesfides » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Kuzma is a stud. He is a dynamic scorer in the mold of Paul George, 6'9" with a full stack scoring skill set.

Defensively, it is a mistake to try to put him at center. Maybe it will help him in the long run in improving his help defense, but it's almost ludicrous to expect a wing to anchor a defense.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#28 » by Pythagoras » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:56 pm

This...

This right here..
Numbers rule the universe.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#29 » by Pythagoras » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Just hope we hit in Free agency. Randle is beasting for NO right now. Posting 29/14 per 36 minutes and he's hit a 3 pointer in every game.

And a 24.3 PER.

Sighs
Numbers rule the universe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#30 » by stan francisco » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:38 am

Spens1 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Kuzma’s defense isn’t nearly as good as Ingram’s but it’s been getting much better. He still can’t guard PGs for crap while Ingram can and does.

Kuzma is a better fit with LBJ on offense.

Lonzo, Ingram, James, Kuz, McGee is badass. So is
Lonzo, Hart, James, Kuz, McGee... and
Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, LBJ, Kuz... small ball

I know, trade Ingram, Zubac and KCP for AD! :lol:

Lonzo, Hart, LBJ, Kuzma, AD. Yeah.

Ingram has not had a good start to the season at all to be honest. Him being the 6th man may not be a bad thing.

I agree. A second unit of

Rondo - KCP - Stephenson - Ingram - Wagner

... is going to be a tough bench to match in the playoffs.

Four 6MOY candidates on the same pine.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#31 » by TheHartBreakKid » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 am

The truth of the matter is that one of B.I, Hart, and Kuz need to come off the bench. There is no excuse for 2 of them coming off the bench, and I'm glad Luke took a step in the right direction by starting Hart ahead of KCP. Whatever happens at the PG (and I hope it's Lonzo who locks that spot down), all three of these three guys won't start there barring injuries. Lebron is obviously a lock starter, and the way Mcgee has played/impact he's had/how terrible we've been going small makes me think of him as another Lock as a starter.

So you have either Lonzo/Rondo, Lebron, Mcgee, as sure fire starters. Let's say there is a god and KCP is out of the starting picture and luke/the FO aren't trying to do Rich Paul more favors. You now have the dilemma that I mentioned...3 starting worthy players with 2 starting spots....all three who are worthy starters and who perform better as starters.

I don't like a B.I, Kuz, Lebron 2-4. I think Hart, atleast fit wise, should be the starter in the backcourt. But yeah.....after that, I have no idea.....I don't like the concept of B.I coming off the bench, but the OP isn't wrong by any means.....Kuz starting is probably what's best for our team.

Honestly, we probably unfortunately need to make a trade. Rondo/KCP are rentals, but we realistically will face this dilema even in the long run. Lonzo/Bron/Center are must starts even if Rondo is gone next year. B.I, Kuz, and Hart will get paid in the next couple of years. It's a good problem to have, but realistically, we won't be able to retain all three at the price that we want......aka a price fitting for their roles.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#32 » by dingclancy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:46 am

Hart/Ball
Kuzma
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Ingram and Lebron are our point guards. We actually do not need more playmaking from Ball or Rondo if you have BI and LBJ already. My only concern is if they can keep up with smaller quick duos like Wall/Beal or Lillard/McCollum, but that is where Ball can come in early.

Ingram can be weird offensively because he likes posting up which unless he is passing it from the post, is not a great fit on offense. Ingram can learn how to acknowledge cutters from the post.

Ingram may be too lanky for Lebron too since as Kuzma is just a better, more forceful cutter.

But this is a good problem to have.

It comes down to, whoever shoots the 3 better between Ingram or Kuzma should start.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#33 » by dingclancy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:54 am

or

Hart
Kuzma
Ingram
Lebron
Randle

gulp.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#34 » by TKainZero » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:33 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Just hope we hit in Free agency. Randle is beasting for NO right now. Posting 29/14 per 36 minutes and he's hit a 3 pointer in every game.

It’s sad

He is doing everything we wanted him to do here

Backup pf/c, 3rd big. Dominate.

Beasting
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#35 » by evilpimp972 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 am

Pythagoras wrote:

And a 24.3 PER.

Sighs

On 23 minutes/game :-?
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#36 » by TylersLakers » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Yup. I was furious when he was let go for cap space in the off-season. It's well known that if he was offered the same deal by the Lakers with the player option, he'd still be on the team.

And for a guy who's in his early/mid 20's, that's a contract you take and not worry about your cap space next off-season. If we landed a big fish, we could've easily traded him off to a team with salary cap space that isn't in the running for a big free agent and probably get a good asset in return.

An all time dumb move by this front office.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#37 » by stan francisco » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 pm

I hated to see him go. Beast.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#38 » by No name » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:21 am

I don't disagree but he is a minus magnet. If he isn't hitting Walton had better be ready to make adjustments.
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by evilpimp972 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 am

TylersLakers wrote:

Yup. I was furious when he was let go for cap space in the off-season. It's well known that if he was offered the same deal by the Lakers with the player option, he'd still be on the team.

And for a guy who's in his early/mid 20's, that's a contract you take and not worry about your cap space next off-season. If we landed a big fish, we could've easily traded him off to a team with salary cap space that isn't in the running for a big free agent and probably get a good asset in return.

An all time dumb move by this front office.

Thats what I thought
If you kept Randle you couldve traded him if he couldnt fit in
Really makes no sense
Tinseltown wrote:

evilpimp972
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by evilpimp972 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:30 am

stan francisco wrote:I hated to see him go. Beast.

I always said : " If he develop a shot well..."
He's starting the season making more 3s in 3 games than last year lmao
Tinseltown wrote:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers