Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Re: First release of RPM and not looking good 

Post#41 » by AGAVE » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Couple of thoughts here...
On BI, after his last season's advances, watching him now play with LBJ,
I'm going to suggest that Brandon is mentally going thru adjustments of playing next to a new team mate that actually excels doing his job and now has to learn how to play with that type of execution.

Maybe he should come in off of the bench more until he finds his game coming to him.

I'll agree with a previous poster here that we certainly could use a better or deeper coaching staff dedicated to development.

The RPM of our team seems to be better when McGee & Chandler rotate playing time.
Kuzma should not be relied on but he possibly could become a better rebounder.

We play so much dedicated perimeter offense that our interior defense has weakened.

Could be why a Kawhi, Middleton, type player is needed and so valued at this point
Respect Elgin Baylor
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#42 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:29 am

I wonder what the November numbers are. It was first a few games after BI returned that they started to look like they knew each other. Again how many new players, nine?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#43 » by iamworthy » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:56 pm

Update:

LeBron, #1 among SFs
Josh Hart, 4th among SGs
Lonzo Ball 46th among PGs
Brandon Ingram 73rd among SF
Kyle Kuzma 59th hamong PF
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#44 » by Slava » Mon Dec 3, 2018 7:13 pm

Moving to the starting line up alongside LeBron seems to have helped kuz a lot.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#45 » by Landsberger » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:38 am

Winning games helps a lot......
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#46 » by kblo247 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 8:53 am

Slava wrote:Moving to the starting line up alongside LeBron seems to have helped kuz a lot.

Not playing Center helped him a damn lot because his shots were coming up short which was a leg thing even in the preseason.

Kuzma has better starting numbers than Ingram. In fact I would compare Ingram and Kuzma to Kobe and Eddie right now. Eddie had the talent and head start, but the guy with the skill/mentality/instincts made him obselete in Kobe. Right now Kuz is Kobe and BI is Eddie in 99
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#47 » by Slava » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:00 am

Everything goes back to Kobe for this guy.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#48 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:36 pm

Worthy made a good point the other day on Spectrum Spirtsnet. He said it comes down to who you’re gonna trust at the end of games, and how that must be who you start and that during the season, they and Luke will have to figure out how to best work together. Good points as always, and I think that’s what Liuke is doing, giving different units a variety of looks. Like that poster used to say, patience.

Usually, this would mean your five best players. Our best five is more like a best nine, depending on opposition: Ball/Rondo, Hart/Ingram/KCP, LBJ/Ingram, Kuzma/LBJ, JMG/Chandler. Luke has lots of interchangeable chess pieces for end of games.

Depth is a good problem to have, but makes the coach’s job difficult. So many players to keep happy, only 48 minutes per game.

Regarding the RPM, it would be interesting to compare the first 15 games with the following 15. I think that’s around where they started playing decently.

In fact, I don’t think the first 15 games is a good representation of what to expect. The next 15 will begin to represent something like an identity and the stats would back these clearly visible improvements, I’m sure.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers