Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Re: SB Nation: Lakers and Wiz talked Zo-Wall trade 

Post#41 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Dec 7, 2018 10:54 am

Dr Aki wrote:
dockingsched wrote:this part is interesting to me:

This could have all been agent chatter, though. Agents are people (no really, it’s true), and people gossip. That two people have heard the same story doesn’t necessarily mean the story is true. It just means they both heard it.

So, I went outside the agent network, and asked Source No. 3: someone who works in an unrelated industry but has long-standing connections to Rich Paul and LeBron James. Source No. 3 said Paul was trying to get Wall traded to the Lakers and that the Wizards would do it if Paul could get Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka on board. But, Source No. 3 warned, it wouldn’t be easy, because the Lakers like their youngsters. Source No. 3 added the nugget that Paul was working on trades to put talent around James because of fears that younger free agents “don’t want to play with LeBron anymore.”

if rich paul and lebron are growing concerned that they can't attract free agents this summer and thus are drawing up plans to present to Magic/Rob to trade the youngsters for a star, things could get interesting.

They better start working on Anthony Davis then

We dont have the pieces to get Davis. We could trade our entire young core and our next three late first round picks and NO wouldn't take the offer in all likelihood.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#42 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:22 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
dockingsched wrote:this part is interesting to me:

if rich paul and lebron are growing concerned that they can't attract free agents this summer and thus are drawing up plans to present to Magic/Rob to trade the youngsters for a star, things could get interesting.

They better start working on Anthony Davis then

We dont have the pieces to get Davis. We could trade our entire young core and our next three late first round picks and NO wouldn't take the offer in all likelihood.

That depends. If AD turns down the 230M extension i think the Pellies have to trade him. At that point it comes down to who can make the best offer and that will come down to where he wants to re-sign.

In other words if AD doesn't give some kind of confirmation that he's willing to re-sign then Boston wont be offering Tatum.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#43 » by kobe808lak » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:07 pm

I don't see KD, KL coming to LA. Somehow we need to get AD.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,805

Post#44 » by Mos_Heat » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:36 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Sad part is that if the FO strikes out in free agency it is pretty much a given the front office would trade the young core. A trade for Wall becomes far more realistic at that point

why?

To try and compete with Lebron on the team. There is no way they keep the roster as is, with him on the team when they've been selling the idea of championships again.

That's make sence, but I just don't see why would Wall be ahead of AD, Dame or even Paul. I'm not even sure him and Lebron have any relationships with each other, besides agency ofc
:reporter:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers