ImageImageImageImageImage

KCP Hired a Shooting Coach

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

KCP Hired a Shooting Coach 

Post#1 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 9:02 am

I rarely ever post a client of mine but Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of many players who have been using the weekly workouts & pre-game drills for the last two months. Trusted in the changes I wanted to make with his jumper. All of my clients have seen an increase in their shooting percentages. Seeing improvement in my clients shooting is what’s most important to me.
•
Before training Nov. 5th
19/51 = 37.3 FG%
5/23 = 21.7 3PT%
13/14 = 92.9 FT%
•
After training Nov 5th
96/220 = 43.6 FG%
52/134 = 38.8 3PT%
50/56 = 89.3 FT%

That shows great dedication by KCP to hire his own shooting coach and trust the process to change a shot that was falling most his career. LAkers may need to pay this man for the whole damn team though
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: KCP Hired a Shooting Coach 

Post#2 » by Slava » Sun Jan 6, 2019 10:01 am

Its a travesty that this multi million dollar profiting franchise, in the bottom of 3 point and free throw percentages across the league doesn't yet have a shooting coach.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#3 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jan 6, 2019 10:06 am

this just seems logical. i dont know why the rest of them hasnt done this
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#4 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 10:26 am

Slava wrote:Its a travesty that this multi million dollar profiting franchise, in the bottom of 3 point and free throw percentages across the league doesn't yet have a shooting coach.

But we preach diet and body fat. :-?

It makes no sense either because we have Ingram who can't hit free throws
We have Lonzo who can't hit free throws or layups and whose mechanics we want changed
LeBron has the damn yips late in games at the line.
Kuzma's 3 ball has been off this year
Hart is a subpar free throw shooter

Even Phil had Craig Hodges and Chuck Persons to work with guys.

Got to give KCP credit though. He saw he was having problems hitting shots in October which could come from him reducing weight and cutting out alcohol like asked or something else. But still he saw a problem, sought his own help, paid for it, and corrected it.

I don't overly care about the 3 ball, we are streaky there, but if you could coach Lonzo to hit 66 % of his free throws and get Bron, Ingram, and Hart to the 75% range we would be set
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Re: Lakers Should Hire KCP’s Shooting Coach 

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Sun Jan 6, 2019 2:46 pm

Hire him, Pelagic!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,956

Post#6 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:41 pm

Slava wrote:Its a travesty that this multi million dollar profiting franchise, in the bottom of 3 point and free throw percentages across the league doesn't yet have a shooting coach.

Yeah, it’s so baffling that I half expect Magic or Luke to tell us that they’ve actually had somebody on staff and just never announced it. It was the same thing with the lack of a metrics dept. Utterly nonsensical.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#7 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:43 pm

This.

Our biggest contribution to the league is apparently introducing pre-game coffee.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#8 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:21 am

kblo247 wrote:

We have Lonzo who can't hit free throws or layups and whose mechanics we want changed

Got to give KCP credit though. He saw he was having problems hitting shots in October which could come from him reducing weight and cutting out alcohol like asked or something else. But still he saw a problem, sought his own help, paid for it, and corrected it.

I don't overly care about the 3 ball, we are streaky there, but if you could coach Lonzo to hit 66 % of his free throws and get Bron, Ingram, and Hart to the 75% range we would be set

For what it is worth, that same coach also trained lonzo. Seems like guys are hiring their own coach.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:55 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

For what it is worth, that same coach also trained lonzo. Seems like guys are hiring their own coach.

Lonzo's had a shooting coach. KCP gets better with this guy and I'm not sure there's much of a difference in Lonzo. Is this a case of KCP getting his hot streak going or is Lonzo beyond professional help?
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,213

Post#10 » by lambchop » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:35 am

Landsberger wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
kblo247 wrote:But we preach diet and body fat. :-?

Lonzo's had a shooting coach. KCP gets better with this guy and I'm not sure there's much of a difference in Lonzo. Is this a case of KCP getting his hot streak going or is Lonzo beyond professional help?

KCP needed adjustments and reps. Lonzo needs a complete overhaul and everyone is on the "well it's already too late now" train, instead of understanding that it would take 3 summers + 200 shots every day with a different shooting form for him to become a reliable shooter.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#11 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:27 pm

lambchop wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:For what it is worth, that same coach also trained lonzo. Seems like guys are hiring their own coach.

KCP needed adjustments and reps. Lonzo needs a complete overhaul and everyone is on the "well it's already too late now" train, instead of understanding that it would take 3 summers + 200 shots every day with a different shooting form for him to become a reliable shooter.

This.

With any no name shooting coach, Lonzo won’t trust that he/she knows better than he or his dad.

Hire a WNBA or NBA shooting great as a shooting coach. It’s time to rework that shot, from stance to knee bend and up.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#12 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:09 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
kblo247 wrote:But we preach diet and body fat. :-?

Think this a fair assessment. Lonzo needs a lot more work than KCP. KCP has good and consistent form. Lonzo its rare you see the same form from him twice in the same game.
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#13 » by King23James » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:16 am

I hope this year he improves his shooting. last year he didnt live up to it imo
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#14 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:35 pm

Aww Yeah baaby! We trainin for 3s!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#15 » by karkinos » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:50 pm

we need to hire whoever we used to teach ariza how to shoot 3s
that was impressive.
Evolution999
Junior
And1: 93

Post#16 » by Evolution999 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:44 pm

Great, so there's a chance he doesnt brick wide open corner 3s and demoralize the whole team again this season, looking forward to it
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#17 » by TKainZero » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:07 pm

I still believe in his ability.

He is still Young. And presuming that green is starting, he should have good freedom off the bench.

Good all around SG. Probably a top 10-15 SG. He is never gonna be a superstar. But solid starter if his head is straight.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers