ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Draft: Lakers got some skin in the game

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: 2019 Draft: Lakers got some skin in the game 

Post#21 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:38 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:6.2% at top 4. 1.3% at #1 after tonight. tied with Minn for 12th worst

Getting there
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#22 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Mar 3, 2019 5:21 am

time to talk draft picks lol
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#23 » by hazy_01 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 6:42 am

Bol Bol or bust
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#24 » by ROballer » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:03 am

Yup, either him or Jaxson Hayes if he falls outside of the top 10 which he shouldn't based on upside.
If we add another wing MAX then it's gotta be Hayes. He's the perfect low usage rim protecting/switch guru C to have on your team.

Defense is a priority, scoring will take care of itself through FA. You won't find anyone better than Hayes as an rim protector/anchor.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#25 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 3, 2019 6:44 pm

I think we could jump into top 10 by ourselfs. Now if we trade ball we could get top 5.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#26 » by One Love » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:15 pm

That loss to the Suns just **** the door on the playoffs... Our chemistry is “DONE” post AD fiasco... Time to shut down LBJ & let the kids play... Terrible end to a promising season...

Lakeshow Baby...
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#27 » by kobe808lak » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:03 pm

This season has been as frustrating as any of the tank years... Probably even more so because of the expectations..
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#28 » by RoyceDa59 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:27 pm

This season is lost in terms of making a playoff push, but there is some silver lining. Which is:

1. James is clearly still elite talent at 28/8/8 with ease with little signs of actually slowing down. Surrounding him with talent and he can still dominate. Sure maybe he's not giving it 110% on every play on both ends, but he will when needed if this team can go on a deep playoff run next year.

2. Ingram is improving, and is a damn good young talent. If he can improve 3pt and FT shooting in the off-season, he can be a force next season.

3. High draft pick! Don't underestimate the value of an additional lottery pick this year as an asset that can be included to improve the team moving forward.

4. Still have massive cap space.

So, the point is, with the addition of a lottery pick, the chances are higher that the Lakers can sign still both an elite Free Agent in the off-season, and then trade for a 3rd star with their assets.

Goal should still be to sign Kyrie Irving and trade for Anthony Davis.
Go Raps!!
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#29 » by Dr Aki » Tue Mar 5, 2019 7:58 am

kobe808lak wrote:This season has been as frustrating as any of the tank years... Probably even more so because of the expectations..

worst christmas present ever
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#30 » by Danny Darko » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:12 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#31 » by No name » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:34 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:This season is lost in terms of making a playoff push, but there is some silver lining. Which is:

1. James is clearly still elite talent at 28/8/8 with ease with little signs of actually slowing down. Surrounding him with talent and he can still dominate. Sure maybe he's not giving it 110% on every play on both ends, but he will when needed if this team can go on a deep playoff run next year.

2. Ingram is improving, and is a damn good young talent. If he can improve 3pt and FT shooting in the off-season, he can be a force next season.

3. High draft pick! Don't underestimate the value of an additional lottery pick this year as an asset that can be included to improve the team moving forward.

So, the point is, with the addition of a lottery pick, the chances are higher that the Lakers can sign still both an elite Free Agent in the off-season, and then trade for a 3rd star with their assets.

Cap space? It doesn't seem like anyone wants to play with James. Not his ex teammates, current teammates or possible free agents. I don't buy the Irving stuff. So we have to trade assets to make it happen. Cap space was a great concept if we could get two free agents to add to the young guys.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#32 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:46 am

Hoping for top 10 pick we could move 5 spots up if we trade ball
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#33 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:46 am

No name wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:This season is lost in terms of making a playoff push, but there is some silver lining. Which is:

Cap space? It doesn't seem like anyone wants to play with James. Not his ex teammates, current teammates or possible free agents. I don't buy the Irving stuff. So we have to trade assets to make it happen. Cap space was a great concept if we could get two free agents to add to the young guys.

What ex player doesn’t want to play with him?
No name
Junior

Post#34 » by No name » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:21 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
No name wrote:

Let me answer the question with a question. Outside of LeBron's known buddies, how many ex teammates do you think would like to play with LeBron when he's not in his prime?
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#35 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:22 am

No name wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
No name wrote:

Let me answer the question with a question. Outside of LeBron's known buddies, how many ex teammates do you think would like to play with LeBron when he's not in his prime?

kawhi for one. He said in june tweet.
No name
Junior

Post#36 » by No name » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:28 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
No name wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:What ex player doesn’t want to play with him?

kawhi for one. He said in june tweet.

In a world where PR is manufactured on social media, are you willing to buy stock?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#37 » by Danny Darko » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:57 pm

I'm a little scared of the injury, but would Bol Bol, who can also stretch the floor, be redundant to Wagner or could they play together? His number from three are pretty amazing at 7'2"
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#38 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 pm

I feel like this draft is super weak outside of the top pick... Honestly, if we do get a high lottery pick, I hope we trade it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
No name
Junior

Post#39 » by No name » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 am

If not for the fact that I would not to create an even larger circus I'd love to draft Ball. He's such a good prospect but can you imagine giving more power to Big Daddy Brand?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#40 » by Danny Darko » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 am

No name wrote:If not for the fact that I would not to create an even larger circus I'd love to draft Ball. He's such a good prospect but can you imagine giving more power to Big Daddy Brand?

He's not eligible until 2020

Return to Los Angeles Lakers