ImageImageImageImageImage

Brandon Ingram Thread (merged)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

What should the Lakers do with Brandon Ingram and his extension this summer?

No extension, let him hit Restricted Free Agency in 2020
52%
Lock him up to a $20mil+ extension
27%
Trade him for max player or for improved future cap flexbility
22%

Total votes: 64

MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Re: BI not happy with the FO; his dad speaks out. 

Post#561 » by MelosSoreWrist » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:46 am

Pythagoras wrote:The common denominator with strife between all of our young lotto picks and the organization is Magic’s FO. Jeannie needs to address that ASAP. Magic is much worse at his current job than our lotto picks are at playing basketball.

I think its not getting the extension. So far none of the Laker lottery picks have gotten one. So far only Clarkson has gotten an extension from the lakers. He, Russell, Nance, Zubac were traded. Randle was let go. Ingram is being put on hold. And every single one has been in trade rumors. But thats just the current situation of the Lakers. There is nothing for Jeanie to address or clear up.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#562 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Mar 8, 2019 9:43 am

If Kuz's dad speaks out too then I'll think about forgiving LaVar about the things that he said before ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#563 » by Slava » Fri Mar 8, 2019 9:54 am

Time to clean house. Round 2.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#564 » by johanliebert » Fri Mar 8, 2019 1:06 pm

Clearrly about his extension.

As a 21 year old he has no other legitimate gripe he should focus on improving
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#565 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Mar 8, 2019 2:01 pm

How is this shocking? He wont be getting his extension this summer but has to wait another year due to cap space reason. This is common sense and shouldnt be news
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#566 » by TylersLakers » Fri Mar 8, 2019 2:55 pm

Can't say I'm happy with the Lakers organization either. Join the club, Mr. Ingram!
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#567 » by One Love » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:12 pm

Ingram has been given EVERY opportunity to succeed with the Lakers... Whatbis his record as a Laker starter... Maybe, 75 & 135... If you want money or insurance, WIN games, PERIOD...

Tankathon 5.0...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#568 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:33 pm

He wants his son have Wiggins contract . Bi is better than Wiggins so I see it . Just be patient
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#569 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:54 pm

Does Magic run the show??

Clearly Luke doesn't.

Maybe it's Lebron??

Or perhaps it's the 'dad crew'??

You be the judge.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#570 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:06 pm

For the love of god can we please stop treating SAS like a credible source. Isn't he the same guy that said that LeBron called KD to join him on the Lakers during the summer?

The mans talks out of his ass..let's wait until the offseason before jumping to conclusions.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#571 » by Kilroy » Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:16 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Does Magic run the show??

Clearly Luke doesn't.

Maybe it's Lebron??

Or perhaps it's the 'dad crew'??

You be the judge.

Right now it's pretty clearly LeBron/Klutch... Have to remember, Magic hasn't exactly been that 'tuned-in' to the NBA for the last 20 years or so... Pelinka has been on the business side but not so much on the court.

Personally, I think Magic was eager to hand LeBron/Klutch some of the personnel decision making... I think that was the plan all along.

I think Lavar may have had some voice in the org pre-LeBron, but I think that's all gone now... Ingram's dad has some say right now, because it's looking like Ingram may be our biggest trade asset at this point and if he raises a stink, it may effect our chances to trade him... But beyond that, I don't think a 'dads crew' exists...

And ultimately, I don't think anybody cares a whole lot if BI's dad 'speaks out.'

And sure, Ingram's been given every chance to succeed... So one would have to assume this isn't about things like Role/PT etc... Right?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#572 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:24 am

This is the "get off my lawn" in me I guess..... but why do grown men need their daddy getting involved in professional business?

Ingram is probably upset that the targets this offseason (as are being rumored) are all playing "his" position. Next year is his "money" year and I'm sure he wants to be featured so he can get a max deal.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#573 » by zimpy27 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:08 am

All that's needed is to add Kawhi's uncle to this team.

Kawhi's Uncle, BI's Dad and LaVar will probably have hour-long 3-way calls after every game.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,165

Post#574 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:15 am

TyCobb wrote:Man, **** LeBron. He ain't worth it no more. Give me the young guys and a better complimentary superstar. This dude is something else.

Funny how a lot of people wanted him and then half way through i'd say close to 90% of you were happy OR OK with him signing him here lol

only me, miles and a few others said from the start that we shouldn't get him OR are not happy about him being here etc

I've said this b4 and I'll say it again ...

If we can't get that 2nd star player next offseason we really should be taking a look at trading Lebron as he will be even more cancer/toxic in his last 3 years or what ever is left.

I wonder what we could realistically get for him and what teams he would be happy to go for? I couldn't care less - he just shouldn't be on this team.
Bring back Defense
CptCanada
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Post#575 » by CptCanada » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:23 am

Optms wrote:Yeah, Lebron really is the reason the culture right now is so toxic but what can you do?

I'd wait until the summer before jumping off his bandwagon though. I'm thinking he's conspired with another star (Not AD) to join up with which will make this year worth it going into next season. You just cannot convince me that he came to LA in his prime years to just 'chill'. Its contradictory to everything he's done his entire career. This dude schemes behind the scenes like no one else.

Apologies, but these are not LeBron's "prime years". Why do you think that he is in his prime?
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#576 » by Optms » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:45 am

CptCanada wrote:
Optms wrote:Yeah, Lebron really is the reason the culture right now is so toxic but what can you do?

I'd wait until the summer before jumping off his bandwagon though. I'm thinking he's conspired with another star (Not AD) to join up with which will make this year worth it going into next season. You just cannot convince me that he came to LA in his prime years to just 'chill'. Its contradictory to everything he's done his entire career. This dude schemes behind the scenes like no one else.

Apologies, but these are not LeBron's "prime years". Why do you think that he is in his prime?

For one, he made his decision to come to LA last summer. And he had arguably one of his greatest post seasons runs months prior. They aren't even arguable actually. Last post season he in fact had one of his better runs. His production was in line with any of his peak year post season averages. All this with an infinitely worse supporting cast. Probably the worst of his Cleveland post season career, which make the following numbers a tad more impressive:

62% TS - 3rd highest in post season career
PER 32.2 - 2nd highest in Post season career
14.0 - 2nd highest in post season career
9.9 OBPM - 2nd highest in post season career
5.2 Winshares - 2nd highest in career

Raw averages of - 34/9/9/1/1 on 54/34/74 percentages

If you don't classify these as peak year numbers, let alone prime year production numbers, I don't know what you do then.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#577 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:04 am

TyCobb wrote:Man, **** LeBron. He ain't worth it no more. Give me the young guys and a better complimentary superstar. This dude is something else.

I've been wondering if Lakers' fans would have been happier getting PG13 over LeBron at this point? What's your feeling? I think he would have jelled with the young core better than LeBron at this stage in his career.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#578 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:48 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

I've been wondering if Lakers' fans would have been happier getting PG13 over LeBron at this point? What's your feeling? I think he would have jelled with the young core better than LeBron at this stage in his career.

I prefer PG over Bron 10/10, but pretty pissed that he chose OKC instead of the Lakers.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#579 » by Pythagoras » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:25 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

I don’t like Lebron’s diva attitude, but I still think he’s been better than PG this year when he’s been on the court, and I trust him more than PG moving forward. That’s not to take anything from George, who has been incredible, but my biggest regrets from this offseason are not re-signing Randle, not re-signing Lopez, and not adding some shooters.
Numbers rule the universe.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#580 » by TyCobb » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Read more, learn more, change your posts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers