Game 57: Los Angeles Lakers (28-28) @ Atlanta Hawks (18-38) - 7:30 PM ET

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Re: Game 57: Los Angeles Lakers (28-28) @ Atlanta Hawks (18-38) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#161 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:59 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:And the cherry on top of this sh*t sundae: Mike Muscala -- 0 points, 0 minutes

Well he did sprain his ankle last game... He would've helped this game. Guys tend to play out of their mind against their former teams.

He sucks and that was a bad trade.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#162 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 am

This team needs to watch the Goon before every game for the rest of the season...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#163 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 am

Kilroy wrote:I'm starting to think the most likely future for this team is losing all the young guys for chump change, firing Luke, hiring Scott again, assembling a rag-tag group of vets around LeBron that he likes and being a borderline playoff team in the West...

So basically become Cleveland West? (except in the Western Conference...)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#164 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am

Kilroy wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Phil isn't healthy, and supposedly he's been advising Luke anyway...

So a half dead and deranged Phil you say?

Rambis said he's having Cardio Vascular issues... He's not getting around very well, but Luke and Rambis have been consulting with him about on the court issues/challenges...
I didn't get a sense that he was super involved, but they'd talked to him a bit at least... He came out and visited Rambis, Jeannie and Luke consulted with him too..

so i'm hearing there's a chance...
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#165 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

This season is essentially over guys. Sit LeBron out, develop the young guys (if that's possible) and tank hard because we need a decent pick this summer to be aggressive in trade talks. If there isn't any 7-8 winning streak after the ASG, see you in summer fellas.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#166 » by Ball so hard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm

dockingsched wrote:Not that I want it happen, but I wouldnt be surprised or upset if Luke was fired over all star weekend.

Even as one of the more vocal Luke critic here, I think firing him mid season would be a bad idea.

Who would take over for Luke?? Shaw? It's not like Shaw is a good coach. Also, it's not like any decent coach would want this job mid season.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#167 » by kobe808lak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Luke gave this team a losing attitude, Lavar was right all along.
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#168 » by chrismikayla » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 pm

I was at the game last night and there was some curious body language. Either Lebron is hurting or he’s dogging it. It’s funny how he gives teammates the evil eye for missing assignments, etc. when he does the same thing. It seems KCP can’t be bothered with trying on defense at all. I think the Lakers young guys are really talented. At the risk of angering posters here, I believe it’s a coaching, front office, player development issue. Your young guys are devalued and not put into positions to maximize their talents. Sadly I believe Magic’s ego and old school mentality will allow change to adapt to the modern game.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#169 » by Landsberger » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 pm

chrismikayla wrote:I was at the game last night and there was some curious body language. Either Lebron is hurting or he’s dogging it. It’s funny how he gives teammates the evil eye for missing assignments, etc. when he does the same thing. It seems KCP can’t be bothered with trying on defense at all. I think the Lakers young guys are really talented. At the risk of angering posters here, I believe it’s a coaching, front office, player development issue. Your young guys are devalued and not put into positions to maximize their talents. Sadly I believe Magic’s ego and old school mentality will allow change to adapt to the modern game.

I don't disagree until we get to the "modern game" comment. I hear that all the time but there is no definition of it. I've seen eras of fast paced games (much faster than today's game) and I've seen eras of hard nosed defense and scores driven down into the 80's on average. Eras of dominant alpha's and eras of Teams with less individual recognition. I've been watching for 45 years and I'm not seeing anything today that I haven't seen before.

There's an issue with Magic in how he interacts with players but I don't see it as "old school".... it was there when he was 22 years old and it's been on display off and on ever since.

Our young guys are talented. In looking at the last 20 years drafts I'd say we've done well. I don't see a guy who's a leader on a contender in the bunch but we have a good mix of talent for sure. Coaching is the question for me. The inconsistencies and lack of fire in the guys (especially Ingram and Ball) is concerning. I'd welcome a coaching change if/when we get another top star quite frankly.

This team will flame out or succeed in the next 18 months IMHO. I think we will see another "turned over" roster next year and if that one doesn't contend then we'll see some big changes again.... most likely starting at the top.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#170 » by mcscotty » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Landsberger wrote:
chrismikayla wrote:I was at the game last night and there was some curious body language. Either Lebron is hurting or he’s dogging it. It’s funny how he gives teammates the evil eye for missing assignments, etc. when he does the same thing. It seems KCP can’t be bothered with trying on defense at all. I think the Lakers young guys are really talented. At the risk of angering posters here, I believe it’s a coaching, front office, player development issue. Your young guys are devalued and not put into positions to maximize their talents. Sadly I believe Magic’s ego and old school mentality will allow change to adapt to the modern game.

I don't disagree until we get to the "modern game" comment. I hear that all the time but there is no definition of it. I've seen eras of fast paced games (much faster than today's game) and I've seen eras of hard nosed defense and scores driven down into the 80's on average. Eras of dominant alpha's and eras of Teams with less individual recognition. I've been watching for 45 years and I'm not seeing anything today that I haven't seen before.

There's an issue with Magic in how he interacts with players but I don't see it as "old school".... it was there when he was 22 years old and it's been on display off and on ever since.

Our young guys are talented. In looking at the last 20 years drafts I'd say we've done well. I don't see a guy who's a leader on a contender in the bunch but we have a good mix of talent for sure. Coaching is the question for me. The inconsistencies and lack of fire in the guys (especially Ingram and Ball) is concerning. I'd welcome a coaching change if/when we get another top star quite frankly.

This team will flame out or succeed in the next 18 months IMHO. I think we will see another "turned over" roster next year and if that one doesn't contend then we'll see some big changes again.... most likely starting at the top.

You've never seen the 3-ball era before. It's changed the game.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#171 » by Landsberger » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

mcscotty wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Has it? Other than GS who's succeeded using the 3 primarily? The PHX teams of more than a decade ago shot more 3's and flamed out every year. Same offense in Houston and the have yet to have post season success with it. To me, GS is the exception not a rule to a new era until someone else shows that level of success. If the is the 3-Ball era it started 15 years ago with PHX I'd say.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#172 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Lakers season going to come down to the health of Ball and Hart.

Doubt it. Team morale is at a all time low. Lebron doesn't give two **** about this season, and the team has clearly abandoned him. What are we playing for anyway? A first round sweep against the Warriors?
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#173 » by mcscotty » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Landsberger wrote:
mcscotty wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Has it? Other than GS who's succeeded using the 3 primarily? The PHX teams of more than a decade ago shot more 3's and flamed out every year. Same offense in Houston and the have yet to have post season success with it. To me, GS is the exception not a rule to a new era until someone else shows that level of success. If the is the 3-Ball era it started 15 years ago with PHX I'd say.

The Suns were averaging around 25 3-pt attempts/game during the Nash era. They'd rank 27th in the league this season.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#174 » by slifersd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 pm

This team quite simply does not have any heart. They are a bunch of pretty talented players who will crumble and fall at the first whisper of difficulty. We can talk about how we need an AD or Klay or Kawhi or whoever, but what we really need is a trip to Oz so the wizard can give these guys a heart. The trade rumors are blamed for all our struggles lately, but we were losing at home to Cleveland before the trade rumor got started too, so i don't buy that it is the trade rumor that destroyed the team entirely.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man

Post#175 » by kobe808lak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Horrible defense, and terrible offense. What is Luke doing? He should be fired... this effort needs to be punished. It's time to shake things up.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#176 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:50 pm

TyCobb wrote:LeBron been going after Kuzma...he is not happy with him lol

I was wondering if this had something to do with the KD article praising Kuz...

Between that and the "Toxic Environment" article... It makes you wonder if KD is playing some next level psychological games with us and LeBron...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,813

Post#177 » by TyCobb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pm

I remember nobody wanting to play with Kobe at the end of his career. I feel like we are now in the same situation with LeBron.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man

Post#178 » by kobe808lak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:57 pm

TyCobb wrote:I remember nobody wanting to play with Kobe at the end of his career. I feel like we are now in the same situation with LeBron.

All of the credit when the team does well, none of the blame when things turn south. To be fair, the whole team stinks.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#179 » by BEazy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Tankathon.com folks. I will be on that daily. We need a good pick so we can trade it. Doubt Magic will keep it because he’s in win now mode.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#180 » by kblo247 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 pm

kobe808lak wrote:
TyCobb wrote:I remember nobody wanting to play with Kobe at the end of his career. I feel like we are now in the same situation with LeBron.

All of the credit when the team does well, none of the blame when things turn south. To be fair, the whole team stinks.

Kobe was the opposite. The media would kill Kobe for not winning with Smush and Kwame. They talk about Bynum as being a part of a big 3 during a title run when he averaged 7 and 6 for those playoff runs. They call Odom all star but he never made it. They bring up Shaq.

With LeBron, LeBron has played with far more all stars in his career, far more prime players, teams spent more money, and when he fails the media blames everyone else while syaing check his stats.

The issue though is that Kobe wwasn't passive, as he would cuss his own team out, say yeah I said that ****, **** you, **** you the ref, **** the media, **** boos. LeBron is passive and wants to hug you but will sneak stab you like with this AD stuff. Kobe was open about wanting Kidd to the point he let himself be recorded in a parking lot, he owned it. LeBron doesn't own it

Return to Los Angeles Lakers