ImageImageImageImageImage

I think the lakers are in a good position; heres why

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Re: I think the lakers are in a good position; heres why 

Post#21 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Trade Lebron, are you kidding? Do you want to be on the receiving end up Klutch Sports?
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#22 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Everything will be alright. The Lakers will be fine. Everything seems to be exacerbated because of all the dynamic personalities involved and the market that LA is in but this will all come to pass.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#23 » by milesfides » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:Trade Lebron, are you kidding? Do you want to be on the receiving end up Klutch Sports?

Klutch has already been on the receiving end of even the New Orleans Pelicans. That was a bad look for Klutch and Rich Paul.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#24 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:33 am

Lakers are gonna need to land a FA (or swing an AD trade that doesn't completely clean the cupboards) this offseason.

A playoff push would be really nice....but it gets shadowed if we lose out on any FA's this offseason. Just like missing the playoffs would be short lived, if KD, or Kawhi, or whoever came here. Nobody would care.

I wanted Lebron...I was stoked Magic took over. I've been pretty happy so far with everything. But if we don't land anything big this offseason, then it all starts to fall apart. Our young guys start to hit their 2nd contract....Lebron become yet a year older. More than one window starts to close.

Much like I worried about Jim/Mitch their last offseason doing something stupid (like, oohhh maybe signing a couple washups to 4-year mega contracts) in an effort to desperately throw makeup on a pig....I worry about Magic/Rob striking out, and then offering the Max to a B-level guy, and trying to sell us all (and prob themselves a bit too) that this is wonderful.

I think a nice playoff push, and some team hugs will help 'sell' the team to guys this offseason, but that's prob not gonna happen. Magic and Rob need to be at their best come July. There's no denying the situation if they miss out.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,063

Post#25 » by Lalouie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 am

DS17 wrote:First of all... i am DEVASTATED we traded Zubac.

Okay, now that we got that out the way, we are in a good position because:

1) if the LBJ experiment goes wrong.. trade him for ALOT. Like come on guys, the package we'd get for him? It would speed up our rebuilding process like no tomorrow.

2) If we reach the play offs this yr i can see us going to the second round, making the rookies more experienced in the play offs. LOOK, NOP messed up, we aint giving them the barn this summer lol.

3) we will get another all star this summer. no questions asked. So if we dont get two, we will atleast get one :)

What do yall think?

this is an optimistic turn. i am a pessimist at heart

1...magic WILL NOT trade lbj
2...this is optimistic but not necessarily "a good position". it is yet to be determined if it's any position at all
3...ad was the closest one and that door is shut

consider the momentum built after kd's statement. with kawhi not going to lal, ad not going at least this next year, kd obviously, and seemingly tied closer to nyk and kyrie. the whole general stink-up created by klutch lebron, there's no proof that lal is still desirable. this can easily turned into a "perception becomes reality" issue
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#26 » by LakersLegacy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 pm

I hope LeBrons son becomes a Laker with his Dad.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#27 » by dingclancy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:25 pm

We are in the worst position to be in.

Lebron being injured for the season and us tanking is a better position than where we are now.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#28 » by myersia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:36 pm

I think the dlo trade is coming back to haunt us. Like many have said we should have offered number 2 pick and mozzy to nets.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#29 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:43 pm

myersia wrote:I think the dlo trade is coming back to haunt us. Like many have said we should have offered number 2 pick and mozzy to nets.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The trade was able to net us Kuzma and Bron..... and space for more. I'd do it over today. Kuzma is bringing to our team what Russell would in terms of scoring and spacing. Ball is a far better defender than Russell will ever be as well. So... Kuzma, Ball and Bron or Russell and Bron. I still take Kuz, Bron and Ball.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#30 » by BB_Fan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:06 am

Ideally we should not have signed Bron . His window for championship does not mesh well with other players. He also kills chemistry in the team and puts big expectations.

The team minus bron is not ready for championship. Team should be more patient and add complementary pieces in 2019 free agency.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#31 » by Landsberger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 am

BB_Fan wrote:Ideally we should not have signed Bron . His window for championship does not mesh well with other players. He also kills chemistry in the team and puts big expectations.

The team minus bron is not ready for championship. Team should be more patient and add complementary pieces in 2019 free agency.

I think you have to get your arms around the idea that when Magic got here the play was to not run with our youth but use them to build a team of vets that DO match LeBron's window of opportunity. It's not a popular but if you look back objectively it's pretty clear.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#32 » by Lakernut4ever » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 am

Landsberger wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:Ideally we should not have signed Bron . His window for championship does not mesh well with other players. He also kills chemistry in the team and puts big expectations.

I think you have to get your arms around the idea that when Magic got here the play was to not run with our youth but use them to build a team of vets that DO match LeBron's window of opportunity. It's not a popular but if you look back objectively it's pretty clear.

Lakers were the laughing stock during these tanking years. As Kuzma said, Lakers are better getting talked about rather than being on other teams. LBJ is a blessing and a curse...but winning some games will put the negativity to rest.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#33 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 am

I'm calling this now

If we can't get that 2nd star in FA OR Trade...

I'm not watching Laker ball unless Lebum goes on load management and doesn't play.

I've had enough - even if we do get that 2nd star I still don't know if I can watch it
Bring back Defense
sardines
Junior
And1: 142

Post#34 » by sardines » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:25 am

Lakers trading Lebron ???

Hell will freeze over then this might happen !! Lebron's value to the Lakers is worth mega-millions in revenues. Titles ? Oh ya that will be also.

Trading the biggest name in the NBA ain't happening folks.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

I think the lakers are in a good position; heres why 

Post#35 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:15 pm

some people have short memory acting as if failing to trade for AD changes anything.

news flash: nobody said our priority this season was to make a big trade and aim for a championship run. we would have never thought that AD would become available all of a sudden and yet people expected the Pels would just hand him over. that’s pretty much on you for setting yourself up for disappointment.

not making the playoffs - now that would be utterly disappointing. top that with failing to sign a big FA - and i would personally join you in calling for Magic and Rob to be exiled.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers