ImageImageImageImageImage

Plan B

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Plan B 

Post#1 » by LakersLegacy » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:54 am

Could the Lakers overtake the Grizzlies for 6th worst record in the league? We have only won 5 games more than them. 30 to 25 wins.

The logic behind this is simple. LeBron has been to 8 straight Finals. He needs rest. We aren’t going to win this year with the injuries + the failed New Orleans trade. Last time we had a failed trade with New Orleans we had to trade Odom and then Pau left.

If we could get the 6th best lotto odds that would make the next step so much easier. Perhaps then we could make a trade for a second star and then get a third star with free agency.

I’m looking for the silver lining. Like when David Robinson got hurt then the Spurs got Tim Duncan. Or when the Warriors lost in the Finals then got KD. I hope we can do both get a great draft pick and sign someone good in free agency. It’s not my style but I think it’s the right GM decision.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Re: Plan B 

Post#2 » by bulliedog8 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 5:12 pm

Odd are Lakers wont drop below 8. Let's say the lakers go just 3-15 the rest of the way, you still need the grizz to go 8-9 to finish the year to have the same record to get the 6 spot.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Tue Mar 5, 2019 6:09 pm

Sigh.

I don't think we should tank. I think it would make a lot more sense to play LeBron 28-32 MPG, get Lonzo back when he's healthy, ditto with Ingram & Kuzma, and get more familiarity with them playing together. That way it can hopefully carry over into next season.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#4 » by slifersd » Tue Mar 5, 2019 6:20 pm

Not that i want to target anyone or anything, but what is the point of sitting lebron? He sat out 6 weeks with that groin thing, and we have no playoff chances, so he will have a long offseason to rest. After the crap he tried to pull this season, he has the responsibility to go out and act like he gives a damn about this team and its fanbase by playing good basketball. Sitting on his ass with a wine cup in his hand is not what the Lakers signed him for.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#5 » by One Love » Tue Mar 5, 2019 6:30 pm

I would sit LBJ in a heartbeat... He has allot of miles & needs to rest... Season is done... Free agents know what LBJ can do & not do so 20 games means nothing...

Talkathon Version 5.0...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#6 » by TyCobb » Tue Mar 5, 2019 7:32 pm

I would sit LeBron too, but I'm afraid we would start winning.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach

Post#7 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:51 am

TyCobb wrote:I would sit LeBron too, but I'm afraid we would start winning.

Lakers draft odds have gone from 0.5% to 1.3% from the last few games.

The Lakers draft odds could go to 3% Friday if the 29 win Hornets beat the 27 win Wizards and the 30 win Magic beat the 27 win Mavs.

The Grizz have 4 less wins than the Lakers. The Grizz currently have 9% chance to win the lottery. The max lotto odds are 14% for the worst 3 teams.

Realistically we finish somewhere between 0.5% and 9% depending on how the last bit of the season goes. Which is such a high variance.

18x better draft odds if we lose. Crossing my fingers LeBron gets lucky like DRob did when he got Duncan with 5 or so years left in his career.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#8 » by XTraderXL » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:16 pm

Plan B should be firing Magic. Thats the first thing Lakers should do, the guy is a complete idiot when it comes to evaluating talent and fit. LBJ isnt far off either in that respect.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#9 » by Sofa King » Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:01 pm

Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#10 » by Sofa King » Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:02 pm

TyCobb wrote:I would sit LeBron too, but I'm afraid we would start winning.

Lakers have a losing record when Lebron plays
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#11 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:43 pm

We are now 2 games away from improving our chances at a top 4 pick to 30%. I don't think you go insane tank, but yeah at this rate it's just smart as that is hugely better than where we are. We're screwed either way as tanking and keeping LeBron probably both hurts our FA pitch unless like Kawhi feels better about being the guy who save Bron
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#12 » by One Love » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:57 pm

We have the 12th worst record right now & have a legitimate chance of ending up with the 8th worst record even with LBJ playing... We don’t need the #1 pick, hell, Dallas got Luka with the #5 pick, but we need the asset regardless...

Tankathon 5.0...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#13 » by Kilroy » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:41 pm

There's no other choice now, is there? **** it, let's rodeo...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#14 » by Vae Victus » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:03 pm

I know how we can guarantee a top 2 draft pick.

Fire Luke and re-hire Byron "Blockbuster" Scott as interim coach.

Let Blockbuster* do his thang and with his peerless coaching mojo, we'll lose enough games to get some good odds and BAM, top 2 pick.

Who doesnt miss his angry face crossed arms expression?

Then Maginka blames Blockbuster for the season going out of control (thereby dodging blame themselves) and then start looking for a new coach.

Im sure Blockbuster would be more than happy to be a temp fall guy, his reputation has long been shattered and this is an easy 2 mil he can pocket.

*Blockbuster is his nickname due to antiquated playstyle of no 3s, that sort of play is extinct just like Blockbuster has gone the way of the dodo
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#15 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 6:05 pm

One Love wrote:We have the 12th worst record right now & have a legitimate chance of ending up with the 8th worst record even with LBJ playing... We don’t need the #1 pick, hell, Dallas got Luka with the #5 pick, but we need the asset regardless...

Tankathon 5.0...

Not what I hoped this year....but I think your point is valid. A #6 - #7 - #8 type pick can only help sweeten trades. The season's a wrap, so let's let Lebron rest that groin. Get the best asset we can.

When (if) Ball comes back, let's get he and Lebron on the floor together, and see what chemistry we can start cooking.

Pray for something big in the summer FA market, cause this team is over. We were 4th...so the roster / talent and all that good stuff was there. Nobody had much to say about Magic or Lebron then. Media were awful complimentary to Lebron and Magic's construction, and Luke's coaching back then. But this team won't come back from this. No Vet's worth wasting time on, and our youth turned out to be fragile as glass. Explains why all the dads talking. Someone had to "man up" in their camp.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ball, Kuz, and Hart still here....but it'd be no lost sleep if not, at this point. We need more winners. Would love to see Kawhi. Prob a pipe-dream....but damn that would be sweet.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach

Post#16 » by LakersLegacy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 am

http://www.tankathon.com

Keeps track of where the Lakers pick stands and has a lottery sim as well.

Grizz have won 5 of the last 7.
Wizards won tonight. Both have 28 wins. We have 30 wins.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#17 » by BB_Fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:02 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
One Love wrote:We have the 12th worst record right now & have a legitimate chance of ending up with the 8th worst record even with LBJ playing... We don’t need the #1 pick, hell, Dallas got Luka with the #5 pick, but we need the asset regardless...

Tankathon 5.0...

Not what I hoped this year....but I think your point is valid. A #6 - #7 - #8 type pick can only help sweeten trades. The season's a wrap, so let's let Lebron rest that groin. Get the best asset we can.

When (if) Ball comes back, let's get he and Lebron on the floor together, and see what chemistry we can start cooking.

Pray for something big in the summer FA market, cause this team is over. We were 4th...so the roster / talent and all that good stuff was there. Nobody had much to say about Magic or Lebron then. Media were awful complimentary to Lebron and Magic's construction, and Luke's coaching back then. But this team won't come back from this. No Vet's worth wasting time on, and our youth turned out to be fragile as glass. Explains why all the dads talking. Someone had to "man up" in their camp.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ball, Kuz, and Hart still here....but it'd be no lost sleep if not, at this point. We need more winners. Would love to see Kawhi. Prob a pipe-dream....but damn that would be sweet.

You saw today's game lebron sitting at corner away from team. There is no chemistry in the team and young lakers don't trust or like lakers. It is a generation gap for lebron and young lakers .

There are two options
1) sign FA or trade for all stars with young lakers. Build a more matured bench with players like Rondo, chandler.
2) Trade LeBron to Cavs/knicks for the 2019 pick and hope it is first pick. We can draft Zion and pair with our younger players.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#18 » by BB_Fan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 am

danfantastk32 wrote:

Tankathon 5.0...

There is a generation gap in the team. Do you think Kuzma, Ingram,Hart or Lonzo will hang out with Lebron outside of court like going to a club. You need to get more matured players to play with lebron so lebron can lead them.

Father time is catching up with LeBron . In the fourth quarter he is not getting the lift and gets exhausted. That is why he is missing shots. Lebron needs another Top tier FA to whom he can delegate to be face of laker franchise.
Same happened to carmelo after his injury. The shots does not fall because they don't get the lift.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#19 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:51 pm

slifersd wrote:Not that i want to target anyone or anything, but what is the point of sitting lebron? He sat out 6 weeks with that groin thing, and we have no playoff chances, so he will have a long offseason to rest. After the crap he tried to pull this season, he has the responsibility to go out and act like he gives a damn about this team and its fanbase by playing good basketball. Sitting on his ass with a wine cup in his hand is not what the Lakers signed him for.

I think you're right if he wants to be the coach and gm or director of player personnel he needs to come right out and tell them. It seems that he wants to burn it down and rebuild it with his own vision of what a team should be. His guys like James Jones, Wade, JR, Mike Miller and others are pretty old so I'm not sure who he is gonna want to bring in. But that whole AD trade fiasco was a disaster for the Locker room.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#20 » by slifersd » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:25 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
slifersd wrote:Not that i want to target anyone or anything, but what is the point of sitting lebron? He sat out 6 weeks with that groin thing, and we have no playoff chances, so he will have a long offseason to rest. After the crap he tried to pull this season, he has the responsibility to go out and act like he gives a damn about this team and its fanbase by playing good basketball. Sitting on his ass with a wine cup in his hand is not what the Lakers signed him for.

I think you're right if he wants to be the coach and gm or director of player personnel he needs to come right out and tell them. It seems that he wants to burn it down and rebuild it with his own vision of what a team should be. His guys like James Jones, Wade, JR, Mike Miller and others are pretty old so I'm not sure who he is gonna want to bring in. But that whole AD trade fiasco was a disaster for the Locker room.

Im going to say this. I actually don't mind that LBJ and Klutch are trying to be power brokers in the NBA. If you can be Warren Buffet, why wouldn't you? The problem i have is, LBJ and Klutch are pure flat out amateurs when it comes to brokering things in the NBA. They tried to bully the Pelicans and turned the whole thing into a giant mess for both franchises. LBJ and that moron Rich Paul need to learn that you don't step into the ring with the heavyweight champ if you've only been hitting bags for a couple of weeks.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers