Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Re: Plan B 

Post#21 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:48 pm

slifersd wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
slifersd wrote:Not that i want to target anyone or anything, but what is the point of sitting lebron? He sat out 6 weeks with that groin thing, and we have no playoff chances, so he will have a long offseason to rest. After the crap he tried to pull this season, he has the responsibility to go out and act like he gives a damn about this team and its fanbase by playing good basketball. Sitting on his ass with a wine cup in his hand is not what the Lakers signed him for.

I think you're right if he wants to be the coach and gm or director of player personnel he needs to come right out and tell them. It seems that he wants to burn it down and rebuild it with his own vision of what a team should be. His guys like James Jones, Wade, JR, Mike Miller and others are pretty old so I'm not sure who he is gonna want to bring in. But that whole AD trade fiasco was a disaster for the Locker room.

Im going to say this. I actually don't mind that LBJ and Klutch are trying to be power brokers in the NBA. If you can be Warren Buffet, why wouldn't you? The problem i have is, LBJ and Klutch are pure flat out amateurs when it comes to brokering things in the NBA. They tried to bully the Pelicans and turned the whole thing into a giant mess for both franchises. LBJ and that moron Rich Paul need to learn that you don't step into the ring with the heavyweight champ if you've only been hitting bags for a couple of weeks.

They even stepped in the ring with some unranked, amateur boxer in Dell Demps and got KO’ed.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#22 » by bb22 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
slifersd wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I think you're right if he wants to be the coach and gm or director of player personnel he needs to come right out and tell them. It seems that he wants to burn it down and rebuild it with his own vision of what a team should be. His guys like James Jones, Wade, JR, Mike Miller and others are pretty old so I'm not sure who he is gonna want to bring in. But that whole AD trade fiasco was a disaster for the Locker room.

Im going to say this. I actually don't mind that LBJ and Klutch are trying to be power brokers in the NBA. If you can be Warren Buffet, why wouldn't you? The problem i have is, LBJ and Klutch are pure flat out amateurs when it comes to brokering things in the NBA. They tried to bully the Pelicans and turned the whole thing into a giant mess for both franchises. LBJ and that moron Rich Paul need to learn that you don't step into the ring with the heavyweight champ if you've only been hitting bags for a couple of weeks.

They even stepped in the ring with some unranked, amateur boxer in Dell Demps and got KO’ed.

I don't think they got KO'd, since there was never a fair fight for AD. It was an idiotic attempt at forcing a trade given the current perception of the Lakers/Klutch/Lebron. Demps would have gone through with the trade, but the pressure of the entire league and potential media backlash for letting into AD's demands would have been too much.

If any other team offered what the Lakers were offering for AD, the deal would have been done right away. But thank god it didn't. Would have been another terrible move by Magic and Rob.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#23 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:30 pm

bb22 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
slifersd wrote:

I don't think they got KO'd, since there was never a fair fight for AD. It was an idiotic attempt at forcing a trade given the current perception of the Lakers/Klutch/Lebron. Demps would have gone through with the trade, but the pressure of the entire league and potential media backlash for letting into AD's demands would have been too much.

If any other team offered what the Lakers were offering for AD, the deal would have been done right away. But thank god it didn't. Would have been another terrible move by Magic and Rob.

Which is basically what I meant. They went in full force, let media run wild with it, or contributed to media running wild with it, by having ever step in the negotiations thrown out there. Then scrambled to cover afterwords with Jeannie blaming rich Paul for how it was ran allegedly and magic crying about good faith while anybody could see pretty early on they were getting shutdown and played from the get go. It was a failed attempt and a fail they most likely contributed to with how they went about the whole trade demand.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#24 » by iQon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:38 pm

How about plan C. A starter that isn't injury prone.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#25 » by TyCobb » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:52 pm

My plan A.

2019 NBA Draft

1 New York Knicks - Zion Williamson, PF, Duke
2 Phoenix Suns - Ja Morant, G, Murray State
3 Minnesota Timberwolves - R.J. Barrett, SG, Duke
4 Cleveland Cavaliers - De'Andre Hunter, PF, Virginia
5 Chicago Bulls - Cameron Reddish, G, Duke
6 Atlanta Hawks - Jarrett Culver, SG, Texas Tech
7 Atlanta Hawks from Dallas - Keldon Johnson, SF, Kentucky
8 Memphis Grizzlies - Coby White, SF, North Carolina
9 Washington Wizards - Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina
10 New Orleans Pelicans - Romeo Langford, SG, Indiana
11 Los Angeles Lakers - Tyler Herro, SG, Kentucky
12 Charlotte Hornets - Bol Bol, C, Oregon
13 Orlando Magic - Darius Garland, G, Vanderbilt
14 Boston Celtics from Sacramento via PHI - Sekou Doumbouya, F, Centre Federal Du Basket-Ball (France)

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/562502/

Trades:

Los Angeles Lakers trade LeBron James to the New York Knicks for Lance Thomas, Damyean Dotson, New York Knicks 2021 1st Round Pick, Dallas Mavericks 2021 1st Round Pick, and Dallas Mavericks 2023 1st Round Pick.

Los Angeles Lakers trade New York Knicks 2021 1st Round Pick, Josh Hart, Tyler Herro, and Mo Wagner to the Phoenix Suns for Devin Booker and Josh Jackson.

(Knicks trade Kevin Knox, #1 pick, Mitchell Robinson, and Dennis Smith Jr. to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis)

Notable FA Signings around the NBA:

Vucevic signs with Clippers
Harris re-signs with Sixers
Walker re-signs with Hornets
Leonard re-signs with Raptors
Thompson re-signs with Warriors
Durant re-signs with Warriors
Cousins signs with Wizards
Irving signs with Knicks
Butler signs with Mavericks
Bogdanovic re-signs with Pacers
Redick re-signs with Sixers

Lakers FA signings:

Reggie Bullock signs with Lakers
Brook Lopez signs with Lakers
Robin Lopez signs with Lakers
Darren Collison signs with Lakers
Taj Gibson signs with Lakers

Lakers 2019-2020 Depth Chart

PG: Lonzo Ball, Darren Collison, Alex Caruso
SG: Devin Booker, Reggie Bullock, Damyean Dotson
SF: Brandon Ingram, Josh Jackson
PF: Kyle Kuzma, Taj Gibson, Lance Thomas
C: Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#26 » by nzahir » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:09 pm

TyCobb wrote:My plan A.

2019 NBA Draft

9 Washington Wizards - Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina
14 Boston Celtics from Sacramento via PHI - Sekou Doumbouya, F, Centre Federal Du Basket-Ball (France)

Trades:

Los Angeles Lakers trade LeBron James to the New York Knicks for Lance Thomas, Damyean Dotson, New York Knicks 2021 1st Round Pick, Dallas Mavericks 2021 1st Round Pick, and Dallas Mavericks 2023 1st Round Pick.

Los Angeles Lakers trade New York Knicks 2021 1st Round Pick, Josh Hart, Tyler Herro, and Mo Wagner to the Phoenix Suns for Devin Booker and Josh Jackson.

(Knicks trade Kevin Knox, #1 pick, Mitchell Robinson, and Dennis Smith Jr. to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis)

Irving signs with Knicks

Lakers FA signings:

As a Lebron fan, I would love this if NY still got Kyrie/KD.

Question is, if they got 1st pick, would they move it for AD?

Lebron-37.5
Kyrie-32
Zion-6.8
Frank-5
DSJ-4.5
Knox-4.5
Trier-3.5 (TO)
Robinson-1.5

About 10M left after cap holds.

Can trade guys like DSJ, Frank, Trier for better shooting and or more cap space

If its 2nd pick, trade that pick, Frank/DSJ, and maybe even Robinson for AD and Frank Jackson
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#27 » by Rafer24 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:23 pm

LeBron is not gonna be traded.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#28 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:21 pm

TyCobb wrote:My plan A.

2019 NBA Draft

9 Washington Wizards - Nasir Little, SF, North Carolina

Trades:

Leonard re-signs with Raptors
Irving signs with Knicks

Lakers FA signings:

A lot of thought into this....
My first reaction is that we'd be a team winning 45ish games with little chance at truly contending. There is no proven leader and a lot of guys who need to pound the ball to be valuable. The only way I'd want the Lopez brothers is if we could fuse them into one. Not a fan of Brooks game in the least. He's become a 3 point shooter who doesn't rebound at all or play defense. That lineup without a true rebounder is a little scary. Bullock has done nothing to warrant re-signing has he?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers