ImageImageImageImageImage

Magic/Pelinka/F.O. Thread (merged)

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Re: Magic/Pelinka/F.O. Thread (merged) 

Post#361 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:51 am

I'm kinda amused at some of the Woj tweets - I guess truth or Woj is a Magic hater.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#362 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 am

Good riddance, Magic. One more year and you would have ruined this franchise. I love the player, hate the executive.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#363 » by Ball so hard » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am

Wow, extremely weak move. This turned out to he quite an hiring. I'm hoping the Buss family will sell this team sooner rather than later. We're starting to resemble another dysfunctional franchise that happens to be on the east coast. The timing and his reason for leaving will leave a bad taste in my mouth for a very long time.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#364 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 am

He lost all confidence in getring another star this summer. Oh well we move on and for the better.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#365 » by milesfides » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am

We did it.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#366 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 am

Next move: Fire Pelinka and bring in a well stablished GM
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#367 » by myersia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:17 pm

No free agent is going to want to join this circus franchise. Only way any credibility can be saved is if we clean house and hire true respected vets. We also certainly have to keep Luke now or we look like complete idiots. God I’m tired of this ****.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#368 » by SweetTouch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:39 pm

David griffin would be perfect
Stop being so disrespectful.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#369 » by Revived » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:29 pm

dockingsched wrote:With comments like these, so much more needs to happen to get on the right track. Rob cant survivor this

LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

How are you so sure this is about Rob and not LeBron?
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#370 » by LakerClipperFan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:47 pm

What would you like my signature to say? Please advise, I'm not able to send private messages.

I do think that Bron is the greatest player of all time, and for that reason I don't think we will be trading him. Is it against the rules to state this opinion? Or is it too offensive to Kobefans?

I removed my signature until I'm able to speak to another moderator about it. Have a nice day!! I'm wearing my Lebron Lakers jersey today, hopefully nobody will be offended :) but if they are, oh well.

Kilroy wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:Pretty positive the Lakers won't be trading the greatest player of all time, the biggest prize in last year's free agency, the biggest draw in the NBA, and the only reason why Anthony Davis would consider coming to the Lakers.

What's it going to take for you to just be "ClipperFan"? Most of your post on the Laker forum read like full-on troll posts from the General Board. Have a little self awareness about your audience when you post, or expect to start racking up warnings.
And on a side note, signatures that glorify Lebron at the expense of other great Lakers, are divisive, tone deaf, and not going to be tolerated. Change the sig or I'll delete it.
-Kilroy
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#371 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Revived wrote:
dockingsched wrote:With comments like these, so much more needs to happen to get on the right track. Rob cant survivor this

LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, which one of the following is in a position to make Magic feel backstabbed:
LeBron who should be expected to have his personal career as a top priority.
Klutch who should be expected to have their clients best interests as their top priority
Or Rob who should be expected to have the Lakers interests as his top priority.

The answer is probably Rob, who recently has had the following reports come out:
Universally disliked or even hated around the league
Front offices won’t take his calls and Magic has to be the one to step in
Lied to players
Magic reportedly wanted to replace him along with Luke
Reportedly upset the coaching staff by meddling with their scouting reports
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#372 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Maybe my first thought was the whole AD debacle and how the Lakers and Klutch pointed the finger to each other.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#373 » by Cafu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:30 pm

I think Magic did a decent job with all the moves he made but his biggest failures are all the circus and toxic environment of this season, that is on him, head of basketball operations.
Then he bailed us out with another freaking show as if we are lacking dramas for this season lol
I like Jennie but I am not so sure that her could make a good decision right now.
She needs someone that can commands respect, best case is Jerry West but I doubt it, sadly.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#374 » by myersia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:49 pm

gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#375 » by gts1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Revived wrote:

LakerLegend wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think it's any one person but more a whole part of the business he's referring to... all the other teams trying to undermine each other, the players and their agents maneuvering for position the media then the in-house politics. Although much of it was his own making I think the AD trade attempt fiasco was too much for him to handle.. He was not prepared for the interference from guys like Pops or being played by the Pelicans FO

Secondly from what I have heard the last few hours sounds like Magic was basically the only one in the organization who wanted Walton out so I'm sure there's some resentment there that folks within the organization didn't have his back or share his vision

Rewatching parts of that press conference also shows us one thing, doesn't matter the subject Magic just can't stop talking, doesn't know when enough is enough.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Cafu
Rookie

Post#376 » by Cafu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 pm

gts1 wrote:
Revived wrote:

I don't think it's any one person but more a whole part of the business he's referring to... all the other teams trying to undermine each other, the players and their agents maneuvering for position the media then the in-house politics. Although much of it was his own making I think the AD trade attempt fiasco was too much for him to handle.. He was not prepared for the interference from guys like Pops or being played by the Pelicans FO

Secondly from what I have heard the last few hours sounds like Magic was basically the only one in the organization who wanted Walton out so I'm sure there's some resentment there that folks within the organization didn't have his back or share his vision

Rewatching parts of that press conference also shows us one thing, doesn't matter the subject Magic just can't stop talking, doesn't know when enough is enough.

Agreed.
But he was in the league for so long, he should have know about all these things. Or maybe this is the 1sr time he is treated like this, all the blames, the twits nowadays can make people goes crazy I goes.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#377 » by gts1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Cafu wrote:
gts1 wrote:
Revived wrote:How are you so sure this is about Rob and not LeBron?

Agreed.
But he was in the league for so long, he should have know about all these things. Or maybe this is the 1sr time he is treated like this, all the blames, the twits nowadays can make people goes crazy I goes.

I think he knew but thought like so many things in his life he'd just win people over being "Magic Johnson" but instead found out that being Magic Johnson was more a hinderance than a positive. Fact is Magic is more like a game show host than a producer/creator of a game show... as Lakers President he was on the wrong side of the camera
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Cafu
Rookie

Post#378 » by Cafu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:50 pm

gts1 wrote:
Cafu wrote:
gts1 wrote:

Agreed.

I think he knew but thought like so many things in his life he'd just win people over being "Magic Johnson" but instead found out that being Magic Johnson was more a hinderance than a positive. Fact is Magic is more like a game show host than a producer/creator of a game show... as Lakers President he was on the wrong side of the camera

Yeah, to be able to sell you have to talk, to sharing vision etc.. but talking too much will never be a good thing, especially for a Basketball President.
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#379 » by Crooked-I » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Sucks we chose Magic/Pelinka over Jerry West. That move really bit us in the ass. Hopefully Jerry holds no ill will and we do him right by offering him the job. Laker franchise seems like a complete **** right now, i'd feel confident he'd be the one who can right the ship. Get it done, offer him whatever he wants.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#380 » by Revived » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:19 pm

If Mitch hadn’t taken the Hornets job, I wonder if he would’ve considered coming back to LA.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers