ImageImageImageImageImage

The Elephant In The Room: This Summer

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Re: The Elephant In The Room: This Summer 

Post#81 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 am

There plenty of FA this off season Top tier guys and a few decent ones to go after ...

But if we have to trade all our youth I'm out.
Bring back Defense
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#82 » by BB_Fan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 am

AD is not coming to Lakers.

There is a big generation gap between Labron and other players BI, Kuzma and Ball. I have not seen a picture of LeBron hanging out with them like he did with D Wade or C Bosh.

If Cavs end up with first pick - do you trade lebron to cavs for that pick and draft Zion.

Zion, Kuzma, Ingram and Ball would make lakers a fun team to watch. You have cap space to add good players.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#83 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:33 am

Lebron AD and Kawai. That should do it.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#84 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Bradley Beal should be a guy the Lakers are targeting. I know that was a hot name around Dec-Jan and it lost steam but if this AD, KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, etc. is really a pipedream then Beal would be a great grab IMO.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#85 » by zimpy27 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am

Sign Vucevic to the max (30m), sign some trade-bait (12m), draft best player with 1st rounder.
Trade-bait, Ingram, 1st round drafted player for Jrue Holiday.

Lonzo, Jrue, LeBron, Kuzma, Vucevic
Hart, Wagner, leftover trade-bait

That's an interesting team right there and it's completely left of field. I think there are many options for the lakers that will precipitate once the identity of the max FA is known.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Post#86 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 am

zimpy27 wrote:Sign Vucevic to the max (30m), sign some trade-bait (12m), draft best player with 1st rounder.

That's an interesting team right there and it's completely left of field. I think there are many options for the lakers that will precipitate once the identity of the max FA is known.

no deals with New Orleans. I would guess that is mutual... also why would you not just sign Kemba and keep Ingram?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#87 » by zimpy27 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:18 am

Danny Darko wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Sign Vucevic to the max (30m), sign some trade-bait (12m), draft best player with 1st rounder.

no deals with New Orleans. I would guess that is mutual... also why would you not just sign Kemba and keep Ingram?

I think it's risky to have the 1 or the 2 being a defensive liability given that the Lakers are going to play LeBron at the 4 on defense. Top west teams seem to have strong offensive guards.

You might be right with New Orleans, thought maybe it was just for AD.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#88 » by stan francisco » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:44 am

Vucevic, Klay, Beverly would be an incredible offseason. The elephant joins the NYK circus, we get Zion in return.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#89 » by Landsberger » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 am

I've been watching a lot of Vucevic lately. The guy scores without set plays for him. He rebounds aggressively and is a pretty darn good team defender. This is the type of guy you need next to superstars.

If you could trade for that outside/inside threat at the 2 it would be a very balanced starting 5 with a guy like Vucevic.

.....that said, the FO wants marketable names with the Max money. When Bron leaves Vucevic isn't selling Laker jerseys around the world....
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#90 » by stan francisco » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 am

Landsberger wrote:

I've been watching a lot of Vucevic lately. The guy scores without set plays for him. He rebounds aggressively and is a pretty darn good team defender. This is the type of guy you need next to superstars.

If you could trade for that outside/inside threat at the 2 it would be a very balanced starting 5 with a guy like Vucevic.

.....that said, the FO wants marketable names with the Max money. When Bron leaves Vucevic isn't selling Laker jerseys around the world....

This.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#91 » by TylersLakers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:28 am

Landsberger wrote:

He won't, but he'll be a winning piece while he's here on a decent contract for the next 3-4 seasons. And he's someone who compliments the young core's talents. He can shoot the ball from deep, rebounds well, and like you said, doesn't require a lot of set plays. Ingram & LeBron can still handle the majority of the playmaking and Vucevic will provide much needed spacing. He's a legit threat from 3PT range.
Japago
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#92 » by Japago » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:58 am

Landsberger wrote:If its a Kuzma/Ingram thing then I'd take Kuzma on a the team I put out there because he can get 19 a game without one single isolation play and keep the offense in tact while not seeming to want to be the Alpha 1.1 on the team. While I have nothing against Ingram's game at all (he's improved it more than I expected) it still crosses over with Bron's and isn't nearly as good (no one has been at it). If he's worth more on the market than Kuz I'd trade him, if it's the other way around then I'd trade Kuz. Maybe Ingram can get 17 a game with 2-3 3's and not have to stop the ball so much to score, but this year Kuz has been able to be a fantastic fill in the blanks guy who's able to score in bunches which is what all teams need.

I think that the time to get a lot of value for Ingram has come and gone. Players on expiring contracts don't seem to have nearly as much value, and he has the injury to deal with now. Ball has also missed significant time in each of his first 2 seasons.

So, I can really see Kuzma being the guy with the most value, even with his struggles this month. He's been the most durable and the other have consistency issues too.

I'm trying to talk myself into keeping Ingram. He has more defensive potential and most of the major free agents have question marks on defense.

But, I agree with your assessment on Ingram though. I think his recent stretch had to do with more plays being designed for him. He still isos and stops the ball. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team usually doesn't win his best games. His game negatively impacts the offense for others. He still has horrible advanced stats too.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#93 » by Landsberger » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:07 am

Japago wrote:
Landsberger wrote:If its a Kuzma/Ingram thing then I'd take Kuzma on a the team I put out there because he can get 19 a game without one single isolation play and keep the offense in tact while not seeming to want to be the Alpha 1.1 on the team. While I have nothing against Ingram's game at all (he's improved it more than I expected) it still crosses over with Bron's and isn't nearly as good (no one has been at it). If he's worth more on the market than Kuz I'd trade him, if it's the other way around then I'd trade Kuz. Maybe Ingram can get 17 a game with 2-3 3's and not have to stop the ball so much to score, but this year Kuz has been able to be a fantastic fill in the blanks guy who's able to score in bunches which is what all teams need.

I think that the time to get a lot of value for Ingram has come and gone. Players on expiring contracts don't seem to have nearly as much value, and he has the injury to deal with now. Ball has also missed significant time in each of his first 2 seasons.

So, I can really see Kuzma being the guy with the most value, even with his struggles this month. He's been the most durable and the other have consistency issues too.

I'm trying to talk myself into keeping Ingram. He has more defensive potential and most of the major free agents have question marks on defense.

But, I agree with your assessment on Ingram though. I think his recent stretch had to do with more plays being designed for him. He still isos and stops the ball. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team usually doesn't win his best games. His game negatively impacts the offense for others. He still has horrible advanced stats too.

So... I did a little looking into what Kuzma has done in our wins. He's been on the floor for 30 of them (more than anyone else) and he's shooting 47% overall and 38% from 3 in those games. DEFRTG is 102 and OFFRTG of 113.2. EFG is 55.2% (only one above him in our wins is Bron). 18.6 points per game and a ± of 8.1

For reference Ingram has been involved in 25 wins and his numbers are about 16.1 points per game and a ± of 6. OFFRTG of 110 and DEFRTG of 101.5. Bron has been in 25 wins and is averaging 28.8 points per game and has a ± of 10.6, OFFRTG of 112.3 and DEFRTG of 98.8.

Now I'm not a big believer in advanced stats predicting much of anything but there are some here that love them. He's holding his own with Bron and Ingram easily as part of our best 3 players. He has biggest gap in stats from wins to losses. Interesting that he's only had 3 of our 30 wins where he had a negative ± total. If that's an indicator of who needs to be on for us to win he's second to Bron again and most everyone else has several negative ± games in our wins.

I think he gets overlooked here in terms of value to a TEAM. Everyone focuses on our young guys as future leaders of a great team. None of them are that and finding the best way to fit them in is the key.... or cash them in.
Japago
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#94 » by Japago » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:13 am

Landsberger wrote:So... I did a little looking into what Kuzma has done in our wins. He's been on the floor for 30 of them (more than anyone else) and he's shooting 47% overall and 38% from 3 in those games. DEFRTG is 102 and OFFRTG of 113.2. EFG is 55.2% (only one above him in our wins is Bron). 18.6 points per game and a ± of 8.1

For reference Ingram has been involved in 25 wins and his numbers are about 16.1 points per game and a ± of 6. OFFRTG of 110 and DEFRTG of 101.5. Bron has been in 25 wins and is averaging 28.8 points per game and has a ± of 10.6, OFFRTG of 112.3 and DEFRTG of 98.8.

Now I'm not a big believer in advanced stats predicting much of anything but there are some here that love them. He's holding his own with Bron and Ingram easily as part of our best 3 players. He has biggest gap in stats from wins to losses. Interesting that he's only had 3 of our 30 wins where he had a negative ± total. If that's an indicator of who needs to be on for us to win he's second to Bron again and most everyone else has several negative ± games in our wins.

I think he gets overlooked here in terms of value to a TEAM. Everyone focuses on our young guys as future leaders of a great team. None of them are that and finding the best way to fit them in is the key.... or cash them in.

"Cashing them in" is what I'm getting at. If we agree that none of them are stars on a championship team, Kuzma makes the most sense to trade because his value isn't at his lowest right now, while Ball and Ingram are.

Unfortunately, I don't see Ingram ever having a lot of trade value again because he's an expiring contract and he has a serious injury. Ball may have trade value at some point next season if he looks healthy and plays well.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#95 » by DS17 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 pm

There is a Twitter User by the name of @Igotsources who specializes in Insider Lakers news... he has a pretty loyal following and has supposedly been spot on with his "Sources". He's adamant that we're "90%" locked in for a top FA thats NOT Kyrie... hmm.

Read on Twitter

What do you think?
DS17
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by DS17 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 pm

My guess and hope is that it is Kawhi
DS17
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by DS17 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm happy that we didnt trade Zo for Vuc but bummed they didn't take the second offer :(
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,667

Post#98 » by nzahir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:11 am

DS17 wrote:There is a Twitter User by the name of @Igotsources who specializes in Insider Lakers news... he has a pretty loyal following and has supposedly been spot on with his "Sources". He's adamant that we're "90%" locked in for a top FA thats NOT Kyrie... hmm.

Read on Twitter

What do you think?

Whats he been spot on with?

I swear if this is Jimmy, Middleton, Tobias, or even Kemba :banghead:
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#99 » by Landsberger » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 am

Japago wrote:
Landsberger wrote:So... I did a little looking into what Kuzma has done in our wins. He's been on the floor for 30 of them (more than anyone else) and he's shooting 47% overall and 38% from 3 in those games. DEFRTG is 102 and OFFRTG of 113.2. EFG is 55.2% (only one above him in our wins is Bron). 18.6 points per game and a ± of 8.1

"Cashing them in" is what I'm getting at. If we agree that none of them are stars on a championship team, Kuzma makes the most sense to trade because his value isn't at his lowest right now, while Ball and Ingram are.

Unfortunately, I don't see Ingram ever having a lot of trade value again because he's an expiring contract and he has a serious injury. Ball may have trade value at some point next season if he looks healthy and plays well.

I agree that Kuzma probably has the best value in a trade but he also has the best value to us as well. He's really cheap for another 3 years while Ingram needs a contract. It's going to be an interesting offseason for sure. If we get a guard like Kemba or Kyrie then Ball is expendable, if it's Kwahi then Ingram is, and if we get a stretch 5 like Vucevic then we don't "have" to trade any of them. We also will be signing Ingram long term or seeing him in a "Randle" situation where his value is diminishing daily until he's a FA.
DS17
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by DS17 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:40 am

Read on Twitter

His source says that were are a 90% LOCK for Kawhi.

Can someone confirm if he's legit? I am sure he is but if yall dont beleive me you can look at his twitter history and see how accurate him and his sources have been?

Honestly though, it makes perfect sense. We have the perfect dialogue for Kawhi to come here (he is the savior, Cali kid, good relationship with Kobe).

Theres a reason lbj and magic arent freaking out.. they know whos coming.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers