Post#101 » by DS17 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 am

Read on Twitter

Im buying a Kawhi Jersey DAY ONE!!!!! LOVE YOU KL
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Re: The Elephant In The Room: This Summer 

Post#102 » by TylersLakers » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 am

I've said, the Lakers need to offer Uncle Dennis a position in the organization. Dead serious.

If Kawhi comes here, it's a complete game changer. Ball/Kawhi/Ingram is just insane defensively. Lakers would also still have about $7M in cap space plus the room exception on top of that. Bring on Kawhi's buddy in Danny Green and Ed Davis with the room exception.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,632

Post#103 » by nzahir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 am

DS17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why are we believing this guy?

Not trying to be a dick, just don't want to be let down.

What has he been right on before "major/respected" sources?
I've seen Bullock deal like 15 min before Shams, but a few min after Isola, and I think Luke bus story
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#104 » by TylersLakers » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:31 pm

For the record, I don’t believe these internet rumours at all.

If the Lakers want Kawhi, they need to make drastic changes within the organization. Adding someone in the front office with experience, hiring a completely new medical staff with experience that someone like Kawhi would feel comfortable with, etc.

To expect him just to show up and sign on the dotted line would be the very Laker move to do and I don’t think that method is going to work anymore.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,792

Post#105 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter

So the same guy saying Kawhi is coming to the Lakers has said that he is coming to be a star in Space Jam 2.

I just can't imagine Kawhi in a movie..
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#106 » by bb22 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:37 pm

TylersLakers wrote:For the record, I don’t believe these internet rumours at all.

If the Lakers want Kawhi, they need to make drastic changes within the organization. Adding someone in the front office with experience, hiring a completely new medical staff with experience that someone like Kawhi would feel comfortable with, etc.

To expect him just to show up and sign on the dotted line would be the very Laker move to do and I don’t think that method is going to work anymore.

They should put things in motion starting April 10th. Unfortunately, they won't. The effects of a weak owner trickles down the organization.

Jeanie has the best intentions, but her nostalgic attachment to the good old days and her tendency to want to run the organization like a family business (failing to emulate her father) will prevent her from doing what is necessary (clearing house - FO and the entire coaching and player development staff).

It starts with her. If she can sacrifice her involvement and hire a new FO that knows how to build a winning team, the Lakers will make a huge turnaround.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:07 pm

If Kawhi comes then there's room to sign a bi-annual exception, an MLE and some vet minimums.

Trades are probably on the table. The team needs a decent C badly. I'm still strong on the trade of Ingram and Kuzma for Sabonis and McDermott (I believe Sabonis can be poached because of the inefficient fit with Turner). Sign Danny Green with one of the exceptions. Draft a 6th man guard leader with the first pick or use it trade for one. Sign backup C with other exception, I'd hope for Ed Davis

Lonzo, Green, Kawhi, LeBron, Sabonis
Drafted bench leader, Hart, McDermott, Wagner, Ed Davis

That to me is the best possible team to come out of the offseason. Alternative is draft a C and use exception to get a guard bench leader.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#108 » by nzahir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:46 pm

zimpy27 wrote:If Kawhi comes then there's room to sign a bi-annual exception, an MLE and some vet minimums.

Trades are probably on the table. The team needs a decent C badly. I'm still strong on the trade of Ingram and Kuzma for Sabonis and McDermott (I believe Sabonis can be poached because of the inefficient fit with Turner). Sign Danny Green with one of the exceptions. Draft a 6th man guard leader with the first pick or use it trade for one. Sign backup C with other exception, I'd hope for Ed Davis

That to me is the best possible team to come out of the offseason. Alternative is draft a C and use exception to get a guard bench leader.

I think BI and Kuz is too much for Sabonis. I would give up one of them and a future 1st though, or possibly even Sabonis their 1st for Kuz/BI and our 10th pick
Let Kuz or BI be 6th man, bench leader

Only question I have: Is Sabonis good enough on defense and big enough? We can't be weak at C if Lebron is going to be the 4
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:If Kawhi comes then there's room to sign a bi-annual exception, an MLE and some vet minimums.

I think BI and Kuz is too much for Sabonis. I would give up one of them and a future 1st though, or possibly even Sabonis their 1st for Kuz/BI and our 10th pick

Only question I have: Is Sabonis good enough on defense and big enough? We can't be weak at C if Lebron is going to be the 4

It's for Sabonis and McDermott. When factoring salaries Sabonis > Ingram > Kuzma > McDermott. McDermott is a better player than Kuzma but Kuzma has more potential and a lower salary. Both McDermott and Sabonis are a much better fit than Ingram and Kuzma with LeBron, Kawhi and Lonzo.

Sabonis is good enough defensively, he's also potentially the 6th man if you want a more defensive C.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#110 » by LakerClipperFan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Suppose #Kawhi goes to the Clippers. That will be a huge turning point for the Lakers-Clippers battle for L.A. Lakers are 12 games behind the Clippers, and they traded away all their star players this season to create two max slots for this Summer!

Holy crap, this is LA Basketball history in the making!
We need to fire Kobe's agent before things get any worse.....

nzahir wrote:
DS17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why are we believing this guy?

Not trying to be a dick, just don't want to be let down.

What has he been right on before "major/respected" sources?
I've seen Bullock deal like 15 min before Shams, but a few min after Isola, and I think Luke bus story
nzahir
RealGM

Post#111 » by nzahir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:43 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

It's for Sabonis and McDermott. When factoring salaries Sabonis > Ingram > Kuzma > McDermott. McDermott is a better player than Kuzma but Kuzma has more potential and a lower salary. Both McDermott and Sabonis are a much better fit than Ingram and Kuzma with LeBron, Kawhi and Lonzo.

Sabonis is good enough defensively, he's also potentially the 6th man if you want a more defensive C.

I think I rather not have Doug and use his salary on someone else. Bad defender (unless hes changed in last couple of years when I've stayed paying him attention)
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#112 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 am

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:I think BI and Kuz is too much for Sabonis. I would give up one of them and a future 1st though, or possibly even Sabonis their 1st for Kuz/BI and our 10th pick

I think I rather not have Doug and use his salary on someone else. Bad defender (unless hes changed in last couple of years when I've stayed paying him attention)

Ok fair enough. Well I'd still look to move Ingram and Kuzma to someone, I think their value is higher on the market than the actual impact they are ready to make to a team over the next few years.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#113 » by Landsberger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:42 am

TylersLakers wrote:For the record, I don’t believe these internet rumours at all.

If Leonard does come here then we will probably be trading one of Kuzma or Ingram. Ingram has the most crossover in games and needs to be paid first.

As to your comment about the FO and being oblivious..... the Lakers were last relevant a decade ago.... a younger generation is coming up that knows nothing of our past successes. To them....we're not the "LAKERS" like we were to past generations. Add to that the tax hit a guy takes for coming to CA (it's 20% over most other States except NY) and the fact that endorsements are not nearly as connected to "market" cities as they used to be. ..... and no Jeannie.... a billboard isn't going to work either.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#114 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:24 am

Brad Beal.. if we don't get a max free agent, we have to do everything possible to land this guy. I'd certainly trade Ingram, Wagner, Hart & a future 1st for him.

Sign Vucevic with the remaining money: Lonzo/Beal/LeBron/Kuzma/Vucevic - That'll fix the shooting problem on this team real quick. Grab a couple wing defenders with the room exception and veteran minimums and you got a squad.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#115 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:44 am

TylersLakers wrote:Brad Beal.. if we don't get a max free agent, we have to do everything possible to land this guy. I'd certainly trade Ingram, Wagner, Hart & a future 1st for him.

Sign Vucevic with the remaining money: Lonzo/Beal/LeBron/Kuzma/Vucevic - That'll fix the shooting problem on this team real quick. Grab a couple wing defenders with the room exception and veteran minimums and you got a squad.

You'll need another $8m to match salaries for Beal
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#116 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:48 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:Brad Beal.. if we don't get a max free agent, we have to do everything possible to land this guy. I'd certainly trade Ingram, Wagner, Hart & a future 1st for him.

No we wouldn't have to because we would have the salary cap space to absorb the deal.

We have about $40M in salary cap space as it stands right now once we renounce everybody. If we want to hang on to Reggie Bullock's cap hold, we'd have about $36M in space.

Ingram= $7.3M
Wagner: $2.1M
Hart: $1.9M

= $11.3M + $ 40M (our salary cap space) = $51.3M in space. Beal makes $27.1M next season. We would still have about $22M to spend on free agents if those 3 went out.

That's one of the benefits about cap space. You don't have to use it to sign free agents to overpaid deals like our front office has done in the past. You can use it to acquire someone in a trade and in a situation like Washington's where they have Wall on the books for an insane amount of money, they probably don't want to match Beal's salary in a deal.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#117 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:16 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

No we wouldn't have to because we would have the salary cap space to absorb the deal.

We have about $40M in salary cap space as it stands right now once we renounce everybody. If we want to hang on to Reggie Bullock's cap hold, we'd have about $36M in space.

Ingram= $7.3M

= $11.3M + $ 40M (our salary cap space) = $51.3M in space. Beal makes $27.1M next season. We would still have about $22M to spend on free agents if those 3 went out.

That's one of the benefits about cap space. You don't have to use it to sign free agents to overpaid deals like our front office has done in the past. You can use it to acquire someone in a trade and in a situation like Washington's where they have Wall on the books for an insane amount of money, they probably don't want to match Beal's salary in a deal.

When trading players over like $7m you have to swap salaries within in like 20% of eachother. Beal is owed $25m, you' need to send ~$20m in player value to match his salary.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#118 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:29 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Ingram= $7.3M

When trading players over like $7m you have to swap salaries within in like 20% of eachother. Beal is owed $25m, you' need to send ~$20m in player value to match his salary.

No, if the team has the cap space to absorb the deal the salaries don't need to be within 20% as they would have to be with two teams functioning at/above the salary cap.

For example, when Chicago sent us Jose Calderon for a couple second round picks when they were looking to clear out space to sign Wade, we didn't need to make the salaries match. We acquired him and gave up nothing. Same thing when we acquired Jeremy Lin and a 1st round pick (drafted Larry Nance).

That's yet another reason why the Russell and Randle moves annoyed me. You could sign/keep those guys and trade them away to a team with cap space for future assets when you get the agreements from the big time players you're looking at signing.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#119 » by Pythagoras » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 pm

TylersLakers wrote:I've said, the Lakers need to offer Uncle Dennis a position in the organization. Dead serious.

If Kawhi comes here, it's a complete game changer. Ball/Kawhi/Ingram is just insane defensively. Lakers would also still have about $7M in cap space plus the room exception on top of that. Bring on Kawhi's buddy in Danny Green and Ed Davis with the room exception.

They also need to let Kawhi have input on the coaching hire if they’re going to fire Luke. If Kawhi likes the idea of playing for Lue, bring him in. If not, then you make it clear that the next hire will be made with input from Kawhi.
Numbers rule the universe.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#120 » by SweetTouch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Since returning from the groin injury Jan 31, LeBron is averaging 27.5 points, 10.1 assists, 9.0 rebounds. The Lakers are +7 with him on the floor and -158 when he hits the bench

Tom haberstroh

Let’s gst the King better teammates
Stop being so disrespectful.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers