ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 72: Brooklyn Nets (37-36) @ Los Angeles Lakers (31-40) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Re: Game 72: Brooklyn Nets (37-36) @ Los Angeles Lakers (31-40) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#41 » by Revived » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:04 am

Kilroy wrote:Chandler had like 3 good games as a Laker and is basically useless now...

^this. He’s ancient with the mileage on that body plus all the injuries he’s had over such a long career.

The fact he was god awful even for a Suns team that was playing G league caliber basketball back then should have been the obvious hint for Magic and Pelinka imo.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#42 » by Pythagoras » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:09 am

I can’t even get into the tank mood. I’m still dumbfouded that we added LeBron and we are still going to miss the playoffs for the 6th straight year...
Numbers rule the universe.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#43 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:31 am

Pythagoras wrote:I can’t even get into the tank mood. I’m still dumbfouded that we added LeBron and we are still going to miss the playoffs for the 6th straight year...

I’m not injuries and terrible deadline moves . Had we stayed healthy we would be 8th seed q
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#44 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

Revived wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Chandler had like 3 good games as a Laker and is basically useless now...

^this. He’s ancient with the mileage on that body plus all the injuries he’s had over such a long career.

The fact he was god awful even for a Suns team that was playing G league caliber basketball back then should have been the obvious hint for Magic and Pelinka imo.

He was dirt cheap rim protector why we didn’t just use zubac and Williamson well is beyond me ..
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#45 » by Revived » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:32 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:I can’t even get into the tank mood. I’m still dumbfouded that we added LeBron and we are still going to miss the playoffs for the 6th straight year...

I’m not injuries and terrible deadline moves . Had we stayed healthy we would be 8th seed q

Eh, the Lakers with a healthy LeBron, Lonzo, Hart, Ingram and Kuzma were 4th in the West (iirc) and blew out the Warriors by like 40 on Christmas.

Fair to say that without injuries, Lakers are looking at playoffs with homecourt advantage right about now.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#46 » by Kilroy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Revived wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

Eh, the Lakers with a healthy LeBron, Lonzo, Hart, Ingram and Kuzma were 4th in the West (iirc) and blew out the Warriors by like 40 on Christmas.

Fair to say that without injuries, Lakers are looking at playoffs with homecourt advantage right about now.

That was also before the AD fiasco too... Along with no injuries, Handling that in a WAY better manner, and not trading Zubac (Who was a huge reason we were in 4th)... And we may have made the playoffs...
I'd also add, using the money we spent on Beasley and Chandler somewhere significantly better would have helped...

LeBron has been fine on offense, but he hasn't been our Harden or whatever... He gets his numbers but he's also making a lot of mistakes and his D is atrocious... That and I think he clearly let the guys know he supported the push for AD and if they didn't like it, tough...

But basically you can't really blame Lebron without it turning into and indictment of Maginka... And you can't blame Maginka without indicting Jeannie...

One could make the argument we basically pissed away whatever rebuild progress we made since Kobe retired and find ourselves in much the same situation...

If Ingram, Ball and Kuz are still eager to play for the Lakers and LeBron is still on board... We're probably fine for next season, provided we make smarter off season moves, but if those guys are done with each other and quietly looking for a way out, we've basically wasted 5 years...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#47 » by kblo247 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Kilroy wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Clutch, lebron. Go home

Yeah, after watching him this season, I'm not sure how anybody who has any idea what clutch is, could call him clutch...

He bobbles passes, throws the ball away, dribbles into coverages and tries for fouls more than any elite player I've seen in deciding situations (ie Not just the last 5 sec of the game)...

That said, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for him now... At this point he's got no one to help him... King James is out their with the b-team basically... As frustrated as I've been with him, it's pretty tough to watch him in this situation.

HE's learning what it is like to get Kwame, Smush, Cook, Radmanovic, Vujacic, Farmar, Mbenga, Powell, Turiaf, Shammond, and the like to relevance in the west. OR how about Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Kent Bazemore, Steve Blake, Ed Davis, Jordan Hill.

At his worse he's always been filled with guys like Ben Wallace, Jamison, Big Z, Mo Williams, etc around him in supporting role s in a weaker conference.

I mean he may need to kiss the ass of Jimmy Butler, Patrick Beverly, and Demarcus Cousins
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#48 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Revived wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:If magic cans land big star he should be fired on spot

Iirc, he’s already said that if he can’t land a big star this offseason then he will resign himself.

I thought that was last season, but he got Lebum so now he safe??? Or is it this off season too?
Bring back Defense
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#49 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:31 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:If magic cans land big star he should be fired on spot

Iirc, he’s already said that if he can’t land a big star this offseason then he will resign himself.

I thought that was last season, but he got Lebum so now he safe??? Or is it this off season too?

It was 2 maxes and this offseason was the deadline I believe. So congrats to whichever player gets a max when he doesn’t land a deserving one
smartyz456
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,692

Post#50 » by smartyz456 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:51 am

Kilroy wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Clutch, lebron. Go home

Yeah, after watching him this season, I'm not sure how anybody who has any idea what clutch is, could call him clutch...

He bobbles passes, throws the ball away, dribbles into coverages and tries for fouls more than any elite player I've seen in deciding situations (ie Not just the last 5 sec of the game)...

That said, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for him now... At this point he's got no one to help him... King James is out their with the b-team basically... As frustrated as I've been with him, it's pretty tough to watch him in this situation.

yeah it's laughable that people think lebron is clutch

couldn't count the number of times he choked this year

Return to Los Angeles Lakers