ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 76: Charlotte Hornets (35-39) @ Los Angeles Lakers (33-42) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Game 76: Charlotte Hornets (35-39) @ Los Angeles Lakers (33-42) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:37 am

Up 10, scored 69 and Bron is the 4th leading scorer. Lot's of ball movement and good shooting. Lance and KCP playing like they need some video to show in the offseason.
Landsberger
General Manager

Re: Game 76: Charlotte Hornets (35-39) @ Los Angeles Lakers (33-42) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:58 am

The ball is moving all over the place tonight. Guys are moving well off the ball as well. No ball stopping at all. I hope the FO is watching and I hope LeBron is understanding.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#23 » by TylersLakers » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:45 am

I get it's best to lose but it's good to see them play well again.

How much different this team would have been with an engaged KCP & McGee in January and February..
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:23 am

We're full on eliminated from the playoffs and we go on a winning streak?
"If you score a basket, I punch you in the face." Should be the new coaching slogan for this team.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#25 » by iQon » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 pm

We do this **** every year, now, it seems, and it pisses me off.

Look semi competitive to start the season. Check out somewhere around December or January. Resurface in March and April when the only one's that benefit from winning are the expiring contracts who... You guessed it, were ghosts when the games mattered the most.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#26 » by LakerClipperFan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Respectfully disagree with this.

Teams that have losing culture are unlikely to attract FA. You think Kawhi wants to go to a team that's on a downward spiral, losing easy games?

Another fine showing by #LABron last night, tho no steals unfortunately......still a nice point total.

Kilroy wrote:We're full on eliminated from the playoffs and we go on a winning streak?
"If you score a basket, I punch you in the face." Should be the new coaching slogan for this team.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#27 » by stan francisco » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:23 am

TylersLakers wrote:I get it's best to lose but it's good to see them play well again.

How much different this team would have been with an engaged KCP & McGee in January and February..

It’s never good to tank. I hate the tanking mentality. You have to play to win. Winning breeds winning. It’s a mindset/culture/self perception thing.

I’d love to see the kids show LeGroin how true team ball done now when he’s sitting out. Let’s see if the game threads might even grow with his absense.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#28 » by stan francisco » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:30 am

Kilroy wrote:We're full on eliminated from the playoffs and we go on a winning streak?

How has the tanking worked out so far? We kind of missed the playoffs again.

I’m with Phil Jackson on rookies. Unless it’s someone like Zion, build a complete team now. We have enough youth.

Trade LBJ to NYK. Add fitting pieces (Klay) to what we have.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#29 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:13 pm

stan francisco wrote:

I’m with Phil Jackson on rookies. Unless it’s someone like Zion, build a complete team now. We have enough youth.

Ok... So what should we do now? Win meaningless games and remove ourselves from even the possibility of landing a high pick? And moreover, aren't high draft picks pretty much essential for making trades for established players?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#30 » by Landsberger » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Ok... So what should we do now? Win meaningless games and remove ourselves from even the possibility of landing a high pick? And moreover, aren't high draft picks pretty much essential for making trades for established players?

So what do you propose? Tossing the ball out of bounds on each possession? Standing in front of the bench on defense? You ever played the game? What would you do if the coach or organization told you to lay down?

This tank BS is just that BS. Teams that purposefully lose are losing teams. That crap breeds on teams and you get long stretches of it and the organization gets the rep of being a place you go after the good teams have feasted in FA.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#31 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Landsberger wrote:Image

Duh...... all those same size balls in a row is waaaaay better.

that's what she said
Forum permissions