ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: LAL will not replace Magic, Pelinka will report directly to ownership

Moderators: Danny Darko, TyCobb, Kilroy

User avatar
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,266
And1: 4,355
Joined: Jun 24, 2005
         

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#261 » by Danny Darko » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:48 pm

at least there is that

Read on Twitter
Image
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,238
And1: 850
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#262 » by stan francisco » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm

LBJ must love the diversity of our front office of Rambis x2, Pelinka, Buss x3. Not a good look.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
User avatar
myersia
Analyst
Posts: 3,264
And1: 703
Joined: Feb 08, 2011
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#263 » by myersia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Danny Darko wrote:at least there is that

Read on Twitter


Proving more and more it’s just the media bs. The media and the league wants us to fail. Trust in pelinka and stop this nonsense.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,804
And1: 10,891
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#264 » by dockingsched » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:04 pm

myersia wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:at least there is that

Read on Twitter


Proving more and more it’s just the media bs. The media and the league wants us to fail. Trust in pelinka and stop this nonsense.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


Media just wants clicks. It’s kind of useless to blame the media for reporting stuff they hear. More useful to try to pinpoint who leaked this by seeing who benefits from this and who would be in a position to be expected to have this info.

All these negative Pelinka reports have the stink of Magic putting this out there.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,677
And1: 28,852
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#265 » by Slava » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I don't think Magic has the constitution for this kind of diabolical ****. Its usually always other agents who love to talk, 9/10 times an unnamed source is an agent and Pelinka was a shark when he was an agent so he must have more than enough people he rubbed the wrong way, who are capable of holding grudges.
:king:
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,427
And1: 1,346
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#266 » by Landsberger » Wed May 1, 2019 2:44 am

Slava wrote:I don't think Magic has the constitution for this kind of diabolical ****. Its usually always other agents who love to talk, 9/10 times an unnamed source is an agent and Pelinka was a shark when he was an agent so he must have more than enough people he rubbed the wrong way, who are capable of holding grudges.


Magic had no problem sniping his teammates in the 90's or getting a coach fired in the 80's. He's more at home in those environments than most would thing IMHO. I think it was too hard for him to do the job and he was looking for the first crack to jump quite frankly. The victim thing is a little hard to take as well.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,804
And1: 10,891
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#267 » by dockingsched » Wed May 1, 2019 2:57 am

Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:I don't think Magic has the constitution for this kind of diabolical ****. Its usually always other agents who love to talk, 9/10 times an unnamed source is an agent and Pelinka was a shark when he was an agent so he must have more than enough people he rubbed the wrong way, who are capable of holding grudges.


Magic had no problem sniping his teammates in the 90's or getting a coach fired in the 80's. He's more at home in those environments than most would thing IMHO. I think it was too hard for him to do the job and he was looking for the first crack to jump quite frankly. The victim thing is a little hard to take as well.


Can’t forget Magic continually campaigned to have Jim Buss removed and openly celebrated on Twitter when D’Antoni was fired, I doubt Magic is above leaking negative stories of those he’s in disagreement with.

He’d be perfectly in position, in fact the only person in position, to have reporters run with stories of teams going above Rob and negotiating with Magic directly. He’s also in position to have reporters relay the Larry Nance / Rob story that Larry just denied today.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,238
And1: 850
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#268 » by stan francisco » Thu May 2, 2019 12:02 pm

Ok, so if Pelinka becomes our president, who’s our GM? How about throwing a lot of money at Masai Ujiri for President and keep Rob as GM? His basketball without borders would be something Jeannie could get behind. LA would be a greater launching pad than NY, which he is reportedly considering. Toronto is a well built team.
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,633
And1: 7,269
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#269 » by Kilroy » Thu May 2, 2019 5:27 pm

stan francisco wrote:Ok, so if Pelinka becomes our president, who’s our GM? How about throwing a lot of money at Masai Ujiri for President and keep Rob as GM? His basketball without borders would be something Jeannie could get behind. LA would be a greater launching pad than NY, which he is reportedly considering. Toronto is a well built team.


You've completely blocked the images and reports about Kurt Rambis from your mind, haven't you? Understandable...
stan francisco
Analyst
Posts: 3,238
And1: 850
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#270 » by stan francisco » Thu May 2, 2019 7:16 pm

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Ok, so if Pelinka becomes our president, who’s our GM? How about throwing a lot of money at Masai Ujiri for President and keep Rob as GM? His basketball without borders would be something Jeannie could get behind. LA would be a greater launching pad than NY, which he is reportedly considering. Toronto is a well built team.


You've completely blocked the images and reports about Kurt Rambis from your mind, haven't you? Understandable...



No, I never ever even entertained that as a feasible option. Why would we even consider that?

Rambis is very bright and one of the best interviews in sports, but he has no GM experience. Why?
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 37,186
And1: 8,723
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#271 » by TyCobb » Fri May 3, 2019 3:21 am

Read on Twitter


I expect a Head Coach announcement shortly.

Magic still moonlighting as Lakers President of Basketball Operations, free to tweet, free to tamper. Live that life, big guy.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
lakerRD
Analyst
Posts: 3,634
And1: 721
Joined: May 16, 2007
       

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#272 » by lakerRD » Fri May 3, 2019 3:28 am

TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter


I expect a Head Coach announcement shortly.

Magic still moonlighting as Lakers President of Basketball Operations, free to tweet, free to tamper. Live that life, big guy.


Interesting theory. If that’s his strategy, it’s the most brilliant move he’s made since he became the Laker’s President.
User avatar
myersia
Analyst
Posts: 3,264
And1: 703
Joined: Feb 08, 2011
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#273 » by myersia » Fri May 3, 2019 11:20 am

lakerRD wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter


I expect a Head Coach announcement shortly.

Magic still moonlighting as Lakers President of Basketball Operations, free to tweet, free to tamper. Live that life, big guy.


Interesting theory. If that’s his strategy, it’s the most brilliant move he’s made since he became the Laker’s President.


I think the whole magic drama and him stepping down was all a hoax. This was always the plan. Probably not smart to tweet this out. You know the nba is coming after the lakers for this eventually


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,923
And1: 1,300
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#274 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 3, 2019 3:31 pm

Brilliant! Now he can recruit heavily without penalty
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,633
And1: 7,269
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#275 » by Kilroy » Fri May 3, 2019 6:04 pm

TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter


I expect a Head Coach announcement shortly.

Magic still moonlighting as Lakers President of Basketball Operations, free to tweet, free to tamper. Live that life, big guy.


But if that's the case, isn't it incredibly stupid to post this picture?
User avatar
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,266
And1: 4,355
Joined: Jun 24, 2005
         

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#276 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 4, 2019 3:50 pm

So people inside the org supposedly didn't like the quality of his work, but...

Read on Twitter
Image
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,427
And1: 1,346
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#277 » by Landsberger » Sat May 4, 2019 4:41 pm

Maybe it's all a ploy to create revenue in other ways......All we need is Lamar Odom to show up to complete a reality show FO. Which one of the FO executives will be transitioning is the real question however.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,923
And1: 1,300
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#278 » by LAKESHOW » Sat May 4, 2019 6:02 pm

Magic is already outside of kawais house. With no threat of penalty or fine. Brilliant!
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,804
And1: 10,891
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#279 » by dockingsched » Sat May 4, 2019 9:35 pm

In case anyone still thought the Lakers were going to hire a president of b-ball ops:

Read on Twitter


Per Woj:
“Ultimately it’s Jeanie Buss, the owner, but Rob Pelinka, the general manager is running basketball operations. The candidates in this search have been told ‘Rob Pelinka will be your boss, he’s going to be running the team, we’re not bringing in somebody over him,’ and he’ll make his recommendation to Jeanie Buss about head coach.”
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,804
And1: 10,891
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Search for next president: LAT- Jeanie has no plans to replace Magic 

Post#280 » by dockingsched » Sun May 5, 2019 6:04 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers