ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Lakers stopped Zo from having unauthorized surgery, could’ve voided his contract

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Re: Report: Lakers stopped Zo from having unauthorized surgery, could’ve voided his contract 

Post#21 » by LakerClipperFan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm rooting for ZO because he's a Laker, but........damn Fox would have been nice!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Report: Lakers stopped Zo from having unauthorized surgery, could’ve voided his contract 

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm

LakerClipperFan wrote:I'm rooting for ZO because he's a Laker, but........damn Fox would have been nice!

Hindsight 20-20 and all that.... Lonzo is a LA native and was very popular locally when we drafted him. Sometimes it isn't all about talent. If Ball pans out he's got a local connection that is a marketing +. It's a business first.

To me, Ball has some huge fundamental challenges on the court to overcome and some off the court things to clear up. He seems to be addressing the latter but the damn injuries are keeping him from closing the holes in his game. We don't need "the next Magic" from him. What we need is someone who can lead the offense and score enough to keep defenses honest. He brings defense and rebounding at a unique level at that position. That said, he really needs to address FT shooting to be a difference maker in the playoffs. He's a work in progress....
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#23 » by BEazy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:08 am

Still think we should ship his ass out to Phnx along with a expiring to get a guy like Ayton if Suns are willing to play ball.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#24 » by darmani » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:19 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Still think we should ship his ass out to Phnx along with a expiring to get a guy like Ayton if Suns are willing to play ball.

"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#25 » by Doug_12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:14 pm

darmani wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Still think we should ship his ass out to Phnx along with a expiring to get a guy like Ayton if Suns are willing to play ball.

That would be a big baller move.

But… we should not stop there: We should offer James for Giannis as well… And Ingram for Curry. And maybe someone for Klay Thompson.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#26 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm

The hate for Lonzo is remarkable. We know nothing about the details of the surgery. Surgeon in Ohio... first has me thinking, is it the prestigious Cleveland clinic? They’re way more knowledgeable than the idiots on the lakers training staff... who seemingly haven’t been able to keep this roster healthy since vitti retired. Secondly, did everyone forget how the lakers training staff said the recovery was going to be 4-6 weeks? He still hasn’t been cleared for any on court activity as of April 10th news articles!!! https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/04/10/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-injury-update-return/ Maybe he did need surgery and the lakers were so mismanaged they didn’t see it. Surgery might have actually shortened his return timeline for all we know.
Third... do we really need another reason to scare away kawhi?? Nba players do this kind of stuff all the time

Bottom line zo clearly felt so strongly that our training staff was wrong he was willing to take matters into his own hands. Has the repeatedly delayed timetable for his return proven him really that wrong? If anything the lakers should have consulted this doctor and asked why he thinks zo needs surgery

Amazing to me that our fabase is siding w the dysfunctional fo and the idiot magic in this case
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#27 » by dockingsched » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:The hate for Lonzo is remarkable. We know nothing about the details of the surgery. Surgeon in Ohio... first has me thinking, is it the prestigious Cleveland clinic? They’re way more knowledgeable than the idiots on the lakers training staff... who seemingly haven’t been able to keep this roster healthy since vitti retired. Secondly, did everyone forget how the lakers training staff said the recovery was going to be 4-6 weeks? He still hasn’t been cleared for any on court activity as of April 10th news articles!!! https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/04/10/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-injury-update-return/ Maybe he did need surgery and the lakers were so mismanaged they didn’t see it. Surgery might have actually shortened his return timeline for all we know.
Third... do we really need another reason to scare away kawhi?? Nba players do this kind of stuff all the time

Amazing to me that our fabase is siding w the dysfunctional fo and the idiot magic in this case

Training staff aren’t doctors, don’t mistake the training staff for actual doctors that diagnose and perform surgeries.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#28 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:54 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:The hate for Lonzo is remarkable. We know nothing about the details of the surgery. Surgeon in Ohio... first has me thinking, is it the prestigious Cleveland clinic? They’re way more knowledgeable than the idiots on the lakers training staff... who seemingly haven’t been able to keep this roster healthy since vitti retired. Secondly, did everyone forget how the lakers training staff said the recovery was going to be 4-6 weeks? He still hasn’t been cleared for any on court activity as of April 10th news articles!!! https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/04/10/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-injury-update-return/ Maybe he did need surgery and the lakers were so mismanaged they didn’t see it. Surgery might have actually shortened his return timeline for all we know.

Training staff aren’t doctors, don’t mistake the training staff for actual doctors that diagnose and perform surgeries.

That’s fair, still doesn’t change the fact that the doctors responsible clearly thought non surgical options would yield a 4-6 week recovery timetable and we are well over double that
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers