ImageImageImageImageImage

Luke sued for sexual assault by reporter Kelli Tennant, Luke's lawyer calls her an opportunist

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Luke sued for sexual assault by reporter Kelli Tennant, Luke's lawyer calls her an opportunist 

Post#1 » by Dr Aki » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:52 am

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/22/luke-walton-sued-sexual-battery/

Luke Walton is being sued for sexually assaulting a woman, who claims he forced himself on her in his hotel room ... this according to a new lawsuit.

In legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Kelli Tennant claims that sometime before Walton became head coach of the Lakers, he asked her to come meet him at his Santa Monica hotel to discuss a book she was writing. She says the 2 had a business relationship that went back several years and she wanted him to write a foreword.

In the suit, Tennant says when she arrived at Walton's hotel, he convinced her to come up to his room so they could discuss the book. She claims when they got up to his room, Walton suddenly pinned her to the bed, placing his hips and legs over her body.

In the docs, Tennant claims Walton then began forcing kisses on her neck, face and chest. She claims she screamed for him to stop and tried to free herself, but he held her down, groped her breasts and groin, and rubbed his erection on her leg.

She says he eventually relented and let her get up from the bed, but as she was walking towards the door to leave he grabbed her from behind and again forced his body up against hers.

Tennant claims when Walton finally released his grasp, she opened the door and left, but could hear him say, "Good to see you."

Tennant claims she did not initially report Walton's conduct but was forced to continually interact with him because of her job. She says each time she saw him, Walton would impose himself on her with a big hug or a kiss, even though she thought she made it clear his advances were unwanted.

In the suit, Tennant claims on one occasion, Walton greeted her by uttering, "vulgar, guttural sounds at her" and said, "mmmm ... you're killing me in that dress." She says he then forced an aggressive hug on her and rubbed his body against hers.

It's unclear, based on the docs, what finally prompted Tennant to come forward with her allegations.

Luke recently left his position as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is now coaching the Sacramento Kings.

i wonder if this had anything to do with the lakers firing luke

Update 1:

Read on Twitter

who is Mark Baute?

Update 2:

Read on Twitter

who is Garo Madorossian?

looks like we got high profile lawyers in on both sides
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Re: Luke sued for sexual assault by reporter 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 am

Jeeze....when will these dudes learn. Sigh
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 am

I can’t even imagine the **** storm that would’ve ensued if the Lakers had kept him.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:31 am

man, most the comments on her insta are incredibly ugly
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#6 » by myersia » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 am

Hopefully this will stop the “we are so sad Luke is gone” crap. Beyond wrong. But I guess we will wait and see how this plays out. Hopefully it’s not true

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by Landsberger » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:56 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure I buy this. What else are you going to say? We knew about it but didn't think is was important....

Walton was aware of it without a doubt.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#8 » by Pythagoras » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:39 am

myersia wrote:Hopefully this will stop the “we are so sad Luke is gone” crap. Beyond wrong. But I guess we will wait and see how this plays out. Hopefully it’s not true

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Really dude?

Anyway, I hope this isn’t true, but it seems this happened during his tenure with the Warriors. Wouldn’t they have had a duty to disclose this to the Lakers?
Numbers rule the universe.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#9 » by BEazy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 am

Feel bad for Luke. This could cost a marriage if true. If true, damn Lakers dodged a bullet.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#10 » by Slava » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 am

I hope this isn't true, apart from wrecking his coaching career, luke has a young family he could lose.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:36 am

Damn, i like guy. They shouldve settled behind close doors, apologized, and have a career
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#12 » by Revived » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 am

Dr Aki wrote:man, most the comments on her insta are incredibly ugly

Yeah that usually happens when waiting 2 years and then filing a financial lawsuit instead of criminal complaint.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#13 » by Ball so hard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am

I'm skeptical her story is true. Luke seems much smarter than this. Unfortunately the current climate makes it easy for women to make **** up and people believe it to be true. Dudes may need to go the Pence route... no private meetings unless somebody else is present.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#14 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

I dont know if i believe these accusations anymore which is a real shame. Just too many going around and while many are actual victims, it also has become an it thing with the "me too movement". Doesnt help either that many go straight for the civil suits and seek only financial punishment/retribution. I guess we'll never find out in this case either since everything is usually settled behind closed doors regardless of guilt. Having said that, i would seriously consider placing a stronger statute of limitation on these types of civil suits. We are still a country where people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but in today's society that doesnt seem to be the view any longer.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#15 » by Spanish_Laker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Warning for multiply reported offensive and inappropriate post. You know better than that Spanish

DD
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,590

Post#16 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:47 pm

She left a broadcasting career in LA that most people would die for. I hope Luke wasn't the reason.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#17 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Well....lot's of guys out there would do this.
Lot's of women out there would make it up for $$$.

Maybe we could go back to the days of evidence? That wacky little thing.

Any video of him/her at the hotel?? Any DNA? I'm very sorry for this Lady, if it's true.....but jeez....you gotta have SOMETHING before you just out and ruin a guys career. If you wait 2-3 years and lose any chance of proving what happened, then there's nothing society can do for you. Sorry. Move on it quicker next time.
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#18 » by eckoner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Luke was like "Im outta here before the fit hit the shan"
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#19 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 pm

The Regime wrote:She left a broadcasting career in LA that most people would die for. I hope Luke wasn't the reason.

Yeah, she seems to have fallen into mental health issues quite quickly once Luke got there. She also seems like a self-help guru and a high-empath being so she doesn't really seem like the opportunistic type.

I think it's highly likely what she said has happened. I'm not on the jury but from a pure probability standing it doesn't look good for Luke at all.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#20 » by eckoner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
The Regime wrote:She left a broadcasting career in LA that most people would die for. I hope Luke wasn't the reason.

Yeah, she seems to have fallen into mental health issues quite quickly once Luke got there. She also seems like a self-help guru and a high-empath being so she doesn't really seem like the opportunistic type.

I think it's highly likely what she said has happened. I'm not on the jury but from a pure probability standing it doesn't look good for Luke at all.

He will hand over half his new contract for her silence.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers