ImageImageImageImageImage

The End of ‘The Lakers’

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

sixers_simmons
Junior
And1: 275

The End of ‘The Lakers’ 

Post#1 » by sixers_simmons » Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 am

Hear me out boys (and ladies 8-) )I’ve been a Lakers fan my whole life from the Magic days, through the Kobe led dynasties, until now and we just feel...different. The mystique of being the Lakers, one of the premier ‘chises in sports history, seems to have been fading over the last ~5 years and the signing of Frank Vogel seems to be the final nail in the coffin. Dr. Buss wouldn’t even sit down with a nerd like Vogel yet Jeanie just handed the keys of the ‘chise to him. Is there any hope left?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: The End of ‘The Lakers’ 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 am

If we get no FA's, then maybe.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#3 » by milesfides » Sun May 12, 2019 4:34 am

You've got to first die before being reborn.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,112

Post#4 » by Dr Aki » Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 am

sixers_simmons wrote:Hear me out boys (and ladies 8-) )I’ve been a Lakers fan my whole life from the Magic days, through the Kobe led dynasties, until now and we just feel...different. The mystique of being the Lakers, one of the premier ‘chises in sports history, seems to have been fading over the last ~5 years and the signing of Frank Vogel seems to be the final nail in the coffin. Dr. Buss wouldn’t even sit down with a nerd like Vogel yet Jeanie just handed the keys of the ‘chise to him. Is there any hope left?

what are you? a karate diop wannabe?
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#5 » by TylersLakers » Sun May 12, 2019 4:53 am

The Lakers have been dead since 2013. Blame the Buss family.

In a year or two, we'll fire Vogel. Jeanie will pass the buck to Jesse or Joey and they'll have a kick at the can. At that point, LeBron will probably have been traded.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#6 » by iamworthy » Sun May 12, 2019 5:09 am

Crazy arrogance going on. Oh no, Lakers haven't made the playoffs for 6 years....gee, what shall I do. Lol.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by Landsberger » Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 am

Interesting.... the dying of the Lakers coincides with not having 2 or 3 of the top 10 players in the game. Funny how that happens.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#8 » by Cafu » Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 am

End of six miserable years? I agree lol

I have been fan of Italian soccer and basketball for like 20 plus years.
Lakers will always be a big Organization, big market and always have chance to make it to the top.

Trying be a fan of an old big club, changing ownership, hiring retired players to be GM and coach, ( sound familiar lol) BUT got no hope because they don’t have money to buy good players, almost no future :nonono:
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

The End of ‘The Lakers’ 

Post#9 » by myersia » Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 pm

It’s always weird when we get these posters who say they are lakers fan but have other teams or players as their user name. Not sure how “sixers Simmons” is a hardcore lakers fan? Trolls are out to get us

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#10 » by EggIsCooling » Sun May 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Legacy doesn’t end dude... it constructs and builds! That’s the Lakers! There are ups and downs but there is no “end”...
blacksamurai
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#11 » by blacksamurai » Sun May 12, 2019 3:04 pm

I 've been a Laker fan since 1977 and this is seriously embarrassing. Jeanne is now officially worse than Jim. Vogel won't make it through February before Kidd cuts his throat for the job. Not sure how much longer I can put up with this mess.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#12 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun May 12, 2019 5:05 pm

So you're jumping ship? Some life long fan you are...
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#13 » by tlifeset » Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 pm

In the early 80s, Jerry Buss couldn't decide on a head coach so he made Pat Riley the defensive coordinator and Jerry West the offensive coordinator. It was strange and slightly embarrassing - and he even announced it as such at the press conference. Thankfully, Jerry West was humble and intelligent enough to know that system would never work... so when he went up to speak he said that Pat was the head coach and he was an assistant coach.

Guess what? It worked out. Stop getting caught up in all this bull. Lakers media and Lakers fans are the most embarrassing part of this entire process.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#14 » by TyCobb » Sun May 12, 2019 7:30 pm

tlifeset wrote:In the early 80s, Jerry Buss couldn't decide on a head coach so he made Pat Riley the defensive coordinator and Jerry West the offensive coordinator. It was strange and slightly embarrassing - and he even announced it as such at the press conference. Thankfully, Jerry West was humble and intelligent enough to know that system would never work... so when he went up to speak he said that Pat was the head coach and he was an assistant coach.

Guess what? It worked out. Stop getting caught up in all this bull. Lakers media and Lakers fans are the most embarrassing part of this entire process.

:clap:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

The End of ‘The Lakers’ 

Post#15 » by myersia » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

TyCobb wrote:
tlifeset wrote:In the early 80s, Jerry Buss couldn't decide on a head coach so he made Pat Riley the defensive coordinator and Jerry West the offensive coordinator. It was strange and slightly embarrassing - and he even announced it as such at the press conference. Thankfully, Jerry West was humble and intelligent enough to know that system would never work... so when he went up to speak he said that Pat was the head coach and he was an assistant coach.

:clap:

Well said tlife 110%

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Los Angeles Lakers