1. Magic Johnson just said on First Take that part of the reason he left is that Rob Pelinka was saying things behind his back in the office, implying that he was behind the "Magic isn't working hard enough" rumors (not a direct quote from Magic, just specifying with rumors).
2. When asked to specify about those rumors, if it was just Pelinka or others, he said "No, just Rob."
3. Magic Johnson said that Tim Harris was one of the people stopping him from firing Luke Walton, which he didn't like because he thought he had the power to make decisions.
4. Magic said that multiple agents called him when he got the job and that Pelinka was brought in with him to tell him that he needed to "watch out for" Rob.
5. Magic said that he never asked or tried to fire Pelinka. He just wanted to bring in his own coach. He said at that time he hadn't decided which coach he'd want, but he said that recently he wanted Tyronn Lue because he thought he'd be a great fit.
6. More Magic on Pelinka: "If you want to elevate yourself, I'm all for that... But there's a way to get that, and it's not talking about the person that's above you."
7. Magic said he was happy that Kurt Rambis is back, because he wanted more basketball people in the organization.
8. "I don't know how much he's involved, but he needs to be more involved, because he's an intelligent man in terms of basketball." Magic, on Kobe Bryant
9. More Magic on First take: "If you're going to talk 'betrayal,' that's only with Rob... I didn't like that Tim Harris was too involved in basketball. He's supposed to run the Laker business, but he was trying to come over to our side. Jeanie's gotta stop that."
10. Magic then said that he thought Lue was a "better" choice than Frank Vogel (who the Lakers are introducing today), but says he's going to support Vogel regardless.
11. This won't be the biggest thing Magic said, but he defended taking Lonzo No. 2 when discussing the moves he made as Lakers president of basketball operations: "I know you (Stephen A.) are still against it, but we can debate that, because I think he's an outstanding all-around point guard."
12. Magic Johnson on being reportedly CC'd in emails: "I don't know if emails were sent. I didn't see any emails. I only heard about the emails after Ric (Bucher) said that... I don't know about the emails but if it's true those are the things that bother me."
13. Magic Johnson on whether Jeanie Buss should sell the Lakers: "If she decides to sell, I’ll be knocking on her door."
14. Magic Johnson on Anthony Davis trade negotiations: "I told Dell Demps, 'Let's negotiate in private. What we offer, let's keep it between us.' Dell didn't do that. So, that's how it got out."
15. Magic Johnson on letting Julius Randle and Brook Lopez walk: "The only one we could re-sign was Brook Lopez. I made a mistake."
16. Magic Johnson on which max free agent he wants with the Lakers: "Kawhi and Kyrie are the two guys."