All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin 

Post#21 » by TyCobb » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 am

As much as I want to get excited about adding a talent like DeAndre Hunter, I just know we are going to trade this pick away.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#22 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Honestly, if NO keeps AD, i would call the knicks and trade Lebron for #3 so we arent stuck in Limbo another 2 years and we can have a head start on having a solid young core.

While I don't hate it, they have nothing in the way of salary to return to make that work and we would need more than #3 to make it work, as well. Then there is the players available at 3 & 4 vs fit with our young core.

I say we just get Garland or even trade back to Bol Bol if someone loves garland in the top 8 and get a vet shooter + Bol

and no interest in trading Ball unless it's for AD and 4 plus something no better than Hart
S Curry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,197

Post#23 » by S Curry » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Honestly, if NO keeps AD, i would call the knicks and trade Lebron for #3 so we arent stuck in Limbo another 2 years and we can have a head start on having a solid young core.

So why not trade Lebron for #1, maybe this will keep AD in NO so they can try to contend with AD, Bron and Holiday and fillers... ?
Please excuse my bad English, this is not my native language :)
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#24 » by myersia » Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:Plot twist: lebron and 4 for Zion. Lbj/ad/holiday/mirotic/Randle/garland. That team can compete

I mean I may consider that. Ball Ingram kuzma and Zion and a crap ton of cap space

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#25 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 am

If Beal/AD are off the table, what realistic options would you trade 4th for?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,184

Post#26 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 am

Read on Twitter
myersia
Analyst

Post#27 » by myersia » Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 am

The Regime wrote:
Read on Twitter

So cryptic and we have no idea what it means

Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#28 » by Kobe System » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Would you entertain #7 for ball?

Ask New Orleans.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#29 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 am

S Curry wrote:

So why not trade Lebron for #1, maybe this will keep AD in NO so they can try to contend with AD, Bron and Holiday and fillers... ?

Because while Lebron is Lebron, he also 34, commands a $38 million salary while Zion's value is much higher than both Morant or Barrett. Lebron won't want to be in NO but i doubt he'd be upset being in NY. As such, i see no way NO ever agrees to make this trade. The knicks on the other hand probably would since they could literally have Durant and Lebron on the same team.
Yunsta
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#30 » by Yunsta » Wed May 15, 2019 2:00 am

Trade lonzo for 7th then trade 4th and 7th for Ben Simmons..... if AD is not avail of course
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,464

Post#31 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 am

AD still wants to be traded

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#32 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 am

Danny Darko wrote:

While I don't hate it, they have nothing in the way of salary to return to make that work and we would need more than #3 to make it work, as well. Then there is the players available at 3 & 4 vs fit with our young core.

I say we just get Garland or even trade back to Bol Bol if someone loves garland in the top 8 and get a vet shooter + Bol

and no interest in trading Ball unless it's for AD and 4 plus something no better than Hart

Are we really set on Garland though? Nbadraft.net has him all the way down to #15 on their big board.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,464

Post#33 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#34 » by supaflash » Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 am

I like Culver more then Garland. I think he'll develop in to a really good player, he has better playmaking instincts and is a much better defender. I think at 4 though you have to go with Hunter, similar to Culver but bigger and stronger and a bit more polished, though I think Culver's upside is higher and I think he fits our lineup at the 2 better, we could do a lot of switching with him, BI, and Zo on the perimeter.

I think either of those guys would be a great pick and ready to help right away if we keep it. Personally I'd go Culver but I don't think you can go wrong with Hunter.

I think likely though this becomes trade bait. Does winning the lottery make resetting around a young core more appealing to the Pelicans or worse? The young package looks suddenly a bit better 1. Another good talent with #4 and 2. No one can really offer better now that Zion is off the table. Can we offer less, keeping guys instead of just 1? Who do we keep?

With AD coming in I think you have to add Kuz to the deal

Kuz,Hart, #4 enough?? If we knew Kyrie was coming in could go Zo,Kuz,Hart #4

Personally I'm ok if we get AD and then fill out the roster, especially if we get another big name. BUT I'd rather just see us sign Kawhi and some vets and keep everything we have.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#35 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 am

dockingsched wrote:AD still wants to be traded

Read on Twitter

If true then our competition are the knicks. Do we beat their offer knowing the number 3 pick in this draft is quite a bit more valuable than 4?
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#36 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2019 2:04 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

I"m not going to lie, i love score first guards that can shoot. I just don't want to get my hopes up on him. lol
myersia
Analyst

Post#37 » by myersia » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 am

supaflash wrote:I like Culver more then Garland. I think he'll develop in to a really good player, he has better playmaking instincts and is a much better defender. I think at 4 though you have to go with Hunter, similar to Culver but bigger and stronger and a bit more polished, though I think Culver's upside is higher and I think he fits our lineup at the 2 better, we could do a lot of switching with him, BI, and Zo on the perimeter.

I think either of those guys would be a great pick and ready to help right away if we keep it. Personally I'd go Culver but I don't think you can go wrong with Hunter.

I think likely though this becomes trade bait. Does winning the lottery make resetting around a young core more appealing to the Pelicans or worse? The young package looks suddenly a bit better 1. Another good talent with #4 and 2. No one can really offer better now that Zion is off the table. Can we offer less, keeping guys instead of just 1? Who do we keep?

With AD coming in I think you have to add Kuz to the deal

Kuz,Hart, #4 enough?? If we knew Kyrie was coming in could go Zo,Kuz,Hart #4

Personally I'm ok if we get AD and then fill out the roster, especially if we get another big name. BUT I'd rather just see us sign Kawhi and some vets and keep everything we have.

Problem for Knicks is that they only have #3 nothing else. Knox was not that great and they have no one else anymore really.

myersia
Analyst

Post#38 » by myersia » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

I"m not going to lie, i love score first guards that can shoot. I just don't want to get my hopes up on him. lol

110% agree

karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#39 » by karkinos » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 am

draft culver or trade down to get pj washington and hachimura
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577