ImageImageImageImageImage

What Point Guard Replaces Lonzo?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,642

What Point Guard Replaces Lonzo? 

Post#1 » by nzahir » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:41 pm

Say we trade BI, #4, ZO, 2021 1st, Bonga for AD, who do we look to sign/trade to be our point guard. Assume we can’t get Kyrie, Kemba, or DLo.

Kind of worrisome for who is left to sign.
Maybe dragic if opts out.
Collision isn’t bad but pretty small.
George hill is a bench guy now imo.
Rubio is poor fit.
I assume brogdon and rozier get matched.

Patrick Beverly is best fit and talent for value of the FA pgs. Doubt LAC let’s him go though

Any guys who may get shipped who aren’t getting paid tons?
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Re: What Point Guard Replaces Lonzo? 

Post#2 » by tv24lakers » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:40 pm

nzahir wrote:Say we trade BI, #4, ZO, 2021 1st, Bonga for AD, who do we look to sign/trade to be our point guard. Assume we can’t get Kyrie, Kemba, or DLo.

Rubio is poor fit.

Patrick Beverly is best fit and talent for value of the FA pgs. Doubt LAC let’s him go though

Brogdon is a good match, but I cannot seem to figure out a fair offer. I have come across an article suggesting 4 yr/60m (https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-rumors-nba-executives-project-malcolm-brogdon-4-year-60-million-marcus-smart-deal/)
Although there has been some chatter here that he may get upwards of $20m. The Knicks have a long history of overpaying players picked up from Free Agency and if they whiff on the PG elite a $20m/yr for Brogdon is not outside the realm of possibility.

Please say no to DLo! :D

Rozier is too erratic for me.

I wouldn't sleep on Elfrid Payton. If we can work with him on his shooting a bit, he would be a steal.

I also like Jeff Teague, but its questionable if he opts out given that he's going to make $19m. I doubt anyone is going to give him $19m a year. Of course there is still the Knicks who could reward him with a Max contract. :lol:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:03 pm

With LeBron, you don't need a true, ball-dominant PG... In fact, you don't even want that because it causes conflict...
Which is why Ball is perfect next to him, aside from his poor shooting. You also don't need a top tier guy at the 1... Especially if you get AD and Kawhi comes too...
I don't think we're going to include Ball in the AD deal... I think Kuz and Ingram are gone.
So it may be a moot point... That said, if you get those other guys, you can afford a cheaper option at the 1... You'd win a lot of games with Carouso at the one... But I bet you could convince Rondo to take the MLE, or another guy like that.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
nzahir
RealGM

Post#4 » by nzahir » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:With LeBron, you don't need a true, ball-dominant PG... In fact, you don't even want that because it causes conflict...
Which is why Ball is perfect next to him, aside from his poor shooting. You also don't need a top tier guy at the 1... Especially if you get AD and Kawhi comes too...
I don't think we're going to include Ball in the AD deal... I think Kuz and Ingram are gone.
So it may be a moot point... That said, if you get those other guys, you can afford a cheaper option at the 1... You'd win a lot of games with Carouso at the one... But I bet you could convince Rondo to take the MLE, or another guy like that.

EWWW rondo, hell na. Not even sure if I would rather have Rondo back at the minimum off the bench or just roll with Caruso.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#5 » by nzahir » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:37 pm

tv24lakers wrote:
nzahir wrote:Say we trade BI, #4, ZO, 2021 1st, Bonga for AD, who do we look to sign/trade to be our point guard. Assume we can’t get Kyrie, Kemba, or DLo.

Rubio is poor fit.

Brogdon is a good match, but I cannot seem to figure out a fair offer. I have come across an article suggesting 4 yr/60m (https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-rumors-nba-executives-project-malcolm-brogdon-4-year-60-million-marcus-smart-deal/)
Although there has been some chatter here that he may get upwards of $20m. The Knicks have a long history of overpaying players picked up from Free Agency and if they whiff on the PG elite a $20m/yr for Brogdon is not outside the realm of possibility.

Please say no to DLo! :D

Rozier is too erratic for me.

I wouldn't sleep on Elfrid Payton. If we can work with him on his shooting a bit, he would be a steal.

I also like Jeff Teague, but its questionable if he opts out given that he's going to make $19m. I doubt anyone is going to give him $19m a year. Of course there is still the Knicks who could reward him with a Max contract. :lol:

Brogdon will be matched
Payton meh, not great shooter. Injury issues

Teague is ok, but also had injury issues, more ball dominant. Getting paid a lot, his contract is negative so we should get an asset back if he is traded.

I would prefer to keep ZO over Kuzma I believe
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#6 » by tv24lakers » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:57 pm

nzahir wrote:
Brogdon will be matched
Payton meh, not great shooter. Injury issues

Teague is ok, but also had injury issues, more ball dominant. Getting paid a lot, his contract is negative so we should get an asset back if he is traded.

I would prefer to keep ZO over Kuzma I believe

The Bucks have multiple players in free agency this summer including Middleton, Brook Lopez and Mirotic. They assuredly match if the salary is reasonable but from what I heard resigning him is not a top priority.

Payton is an inconsistent shooter, but maybe a good bench guy.

If Teague opts in at 19m, I would stay away from a trade unless you’re considering packaging him in another trade.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#7 » by stan francisco » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:23 am

I worry that Lonzo might go in an AD trade. Jrue Holiday. I’m happy to run with Rondo and Caruso behind whomever replaces Lonzo.

Edit: VanFleet is on my long term radar. Plays like a full grown man.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#8 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:36 am

stan francisco wrote:I worry that Lonzo might go in an AD trade. Jrue Holiday. I’m happy to run with Rondo and Caruso behind whomever replaces Lonzo.

I would not mind keeping Rondo as a backup point guard.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#9 » by nzahir » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:11 am

tv24lakers wrote:
stan francisco wrote:I worry that Lonzo might go in an AD trade. Jrue Holiday. I’m happy to run with Rondo and Caruso behind whomever replaces Lonzo.

Lol how we going to get Jrue and AD?

Not really possible

Why would you want Rondo after last year?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#10 » by stan francisco » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:30 am

nzahir wrote:
tv24lakers wrote:

Not really possible

If they’re rebuilding, they’re gonna try to dump vets. They’re gonna ask for too many of our youngs. Pelinka might agree to make it a bigger trade or no AD. I hope not. Just sayin...

He played really well up until the injury. Defense. His scheme on how to stop Harden.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#11 » by myersia » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:11 am

Darius Garland

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#12 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:12 am

Just roll with Rondo/Caruso
Bring back Defense
nzahir
RealGM

Post#13 » by nzahir » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:58 am

stan francisco wrote:
nzahir wrote:
tv24lakers wrote:

Not really possible

If they’re rebuilding, they’re gonna try to dump vets. They’re gonna ask for too many of our youngs. Pelinka might agree to make it a bigger trade or no AD. I hope not. Just sayin...

He played really well up until the injury. Defense. His scheme on how to stop Harden.

Post the trade

Also realize that Lebron, AD, Jrue, and Deng 5M cap hit takes us to like 98M off the top of my head
nzahir
RealGM

Post#14 » by nzahir » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:59 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Just roll with Rondo/Caruso

Disgusting
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,900

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:17 am

Beverley or Seth Curry
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#16 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:01 pm

A possible trade option that may solve for this gap and answer other needs is to trade w/ Memphis in return for Conley, Jaren Jackson and Delon Wright.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#17 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:54 pm

tv24lakers wrote:A possible trade option that may solve for this gap and answer other needs is to trade w/ Memphis in return for Conley, Jaren Jackson and Delon Wright.

What do we have to give up for that?
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#18 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:29 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:
tv24lakers wrote:A possible trade option that may solve for this gap and answer other needs is to trade w/ Memphis in return for Conley, Jaren Jackson and Delon Wright.

What do we have to give up for that?

I would consider trading Ingram, Ball, #4, and Bonga. It would seem like a lot to give up but you have to recognize that Jaren Jackson is a legitimate stretch 4 on a rookie contract and Delon Wright is a solid backup PG on a favorable contract.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#19 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:43 pm

With LeBron the PG is a little less important. Ball has shown to contribute the most offensively when we are in transition which wasn't that much last year. Our problem is that we have too many guys who have to have the ball to be their best. Ingram, Ball and LeBron. Those 3 don't complement each other as much as you want. For me, Ingram is the one who should go first if we're trading anyone. If we can get a 2 guard who can hit the 3 and finish at the rim them Ball works very well. If Ball gets traded we'll be OK with an average PG because of LeBron's ability to play point forward.
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#20 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:05 pm

Landsberger wrote:With LeBron the PG is a little less important. Ball has shown to contribute the most offensively when we are in transition which wasn't that much last year. Our problem is that we have too many guys who have to have the ball to be their best. Ingram, Ball and LeBron. Those 3 don't complement each other as much as you want. For me, Ingram is the one who should go first if we're trading anyone. If we can get a 2 guard who can hit the 3 and finish at the rim them Ball works very well. If Ball gets traded we'll be OK with an average PG because of LeBron's ability to play point forward.

Yes! With Bron playing point forward we’re underutilizing Zo. BI and Bron share similar playing styles. Primarily for those reasons I have been advocating a trade for Beal or Conley. Now, if we are fortunate to keep either BI or Lonzo, I would consider moving them to the second unit. That would allow us to make better use of their talents.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers