An injured Klay or KD
4%
Other
9%

Total votes: 109

bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Re: Which third star can the lakers get? 

Post#341 » by bb22 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Never agreed with SAS, but he was right for saying Klay would be the perfect signing. Especially with AD here. Epitome of 3 and D, would attract a lot of attention, one of the best at moving off ball, and opens up the paint for Bron and AD to dominate. Unfortunately he’s not going anywhere, so next up is DLo (Kawhi just isn’t coming). Not sure what the contract situation is like, but if the Lakers don’t have to pay ultra premium value for him, they should get it done right away. He’s a great playmaker and shooter and would have no issue being the 3rd guy next to Bron and AD. He can focus on scoring, which would come even easier playing next to 2 superstars. I’d rather sign him than Kyrie at this point. Kyrie snd Jimmy are alpha personalities that might negatively impact AD’s role, and you definitely don’t want AD feeling uncomfortable going into free agency.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#342 » by stan francisco » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:20 pm

bb22 wrote:Never agreed with SAS, but he was right for saying Klay would be the perfect signing. Especially with AD here. Epitome of 3 and D, would attract a lot of attention, one of the best at moving off ball, and opens up the paint for Bron and AD to dominate.

Thank you. This is exactly why I think he’s by far the best fit FA star given our pieces.

But Kawhi, you can’t not pursue the best player in the game if his left knee heals a bit more.

Klay = championships. That’s good enough for me. He’s the perfect fit.

Why wouldn’t that be good enough for Klay?

Lakers. Dad. If his dad really wanted him to become a Laker, he would of course say Klay will stay in GSW for his career.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#343 » by TheRealKaboom » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Kawhi Leonard. 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
king_james_vers
Junior
And1: 743

Post#344 » by king_james_vers » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 am

bb22 wrote:Never agreed with SAS, but he was right for saying Klay would be the perfect signing. Especially with AD here. Epitome of 3 and D, would attract a lot of attention, one of the best at moving off ball, and opens up the paint for Bron and AD to dominate. Unfortunately he’s not going anywhere, so next up is DLo (Kawhi just isn’t coming). Not sure what the contract situation is like, but if the Lakers don’t have to pay ultra premium value for him, they should get it done right away. He’s a great playmaker and shooter and would have no issue being the 3rd guy next to Bron and AD. He can focus on scoring, which would come even easier playing next to 2 superstars. I’d rather sign him than Kyrie at this point. Kyrie snd Jimmy are alpha personalities that might negatively impact AD’s role, and you definitely don’t want AD feeling uncomfortable going into free agency.

Klay would be amazing for sure, but why on earth would he leave Golden State? He can get way, way more money if he signs there, and I see zero incentive for him to leave.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#345 » by bb22 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 am

king_james_vers wrote:
bb22 wrote:Never agreed with SAS, but he was right for saying Klay would be the perfect signing. Especially with AD here. Epitome of 3 and D, would attract a lot of attention, one of the best at moving off ball, and opens up the paint for Bron and AD to dominate. Unfortunately he’s not going anywhere, so next up is DLo (Kawhi just isn’t coming). Not sure what the contract situation is like, but if the Lakers don’t have to pay ultra premium value for him, they should get it done right away. He’s a great playmaker and shooter and would have no issue being the 3rd guy next to Bron and AD. He can focus on scoring, which would come even easier playing next to 2 superstars. I’d rather sign him than Kyrie at this point. Kyrie snd Jimmy are alpha personalities that might negatively impact AD’s role, and you definitely don’t want AD feeling uncomfortable going into free agency.

Klay would be amazing for sure, but why on earth would he leave Golden State? He can get way, way more money if he signs there, and I see zero incentive for him to leave.

He's definitely staying with the Warriors. And I doubt the Lakers even pursue him knowing that he might miss the entire regular season. I was just saying how much Klay's game would complement Bron and AD.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers