Mo Wagner
Isaac Bonga
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Re: A moment of silence please... 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

The FO did a pretty damn good job in condensing them down to Lebron James, Anthony Davis, and potentially one more superstar.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#3 » by hazy_01 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

We're in the end game now....
magicbesteva
Junior
And1: 53

Post#4 » by magicbesteva » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

Please take off Anthony Brown and add Josh Hart
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#5 » by kblo247 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:29 am

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#6 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

i completely forgot that there was an Anthony Brown. :lol:
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by Landsberger » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

This is why I don't get excited about the draft. I'd much rather go get the proven players than play craps with the one and done guys while perennially picking at the top of the draft. There are some very good players in that group, ones who will have long and good careers but is there a Bron or Davis in the group? Is there a HOF'er in there? Is there even a 4 time All Star?

That said, I'd love to have Nance and Zubac back.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,969

Post#8 » by thebigbird » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

So happy that Kuz didn't make the list.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#9 » by dockingsched » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:44 am

Genuinely curious who people are most disappointed in losing? Seems like each of the main youngsters had their own strong following.

Myself, I stopped emotionally investing in the youngsters after D’Lo was traded. I understood the trade but it still hit me hard, realized caring for the youngsters might not be the greatest idea.

Was actually a fan of letting Randle walk, don’t mind seeing Ingram go before having to give him an extension, and a bit sad Ball is gone.

Which youngster were you most attached to?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#10 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:49 am

dockingsched wrote:Genuinely curious who people are most disappointed in losing? Seems like each of the main youngsters had their own strong following.

Myself, I stopped emotionally investing in the youngsters after D’Lo was traded. I understood the trade but it still hit me hard, realized caring for the youngsters might not be the greatest idea.

Was actually a fan of letting Randle walk, don’t mind seeing Ingram go before having to give him an extension, and a bit sad Ball is gone.

Dlo as well and Magic's bs reasoning for letting him go didn't help either. Having said, DLO doesn't go and we don't have LeBron with AD.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#11 » by tviper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:51 am

dockingsched wrote:Genuinely curious who people are most disappointed in losing? Seems like each of the main youngsters had their own strong following.

I was most attached to Zu for whatever reason, and was livid Magic gave him away.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#12 » by Penberthy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 am

Same, Zu just has a good soul. I still believe he will become the third Gasol...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#13 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 am

Good question. I am curious to see if Lonzo can ever get it all together and become a legit baller. I liked him...liked his demeanor despite his father's brash nature. He just seems down to earth. But all those injuries so young......

I guess I gotta go with Zubac. Guy has some real talent. Was thrown in and out all over the place, and yet clearly made good strides in his time off the court. I think we will rue that decision. <------ what did we get for him again????

I hope the Lakers try and get him back.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#14 » by Cafu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 am

After Dlo Zo is the one I invested in the most but I am kind of fed up with all the losing too.
But even with Dlo I kind of saw his damn flaws so suprised but not that sad.
I was hoping the Pels FO was thinking like NBA fans hating Zo so we could keep him but I guess they are not stupid and We have like 6 months preparing for this so..

It is about damn time to get competitive again. It is the NBA and you can always start your The Process anytime but to be a contender you have to have superstars.
Themaster007_v2
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#15 » by Themaster007_v2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am

None. It's always about winning and getting results. We always pride ourselves as being the greatest organization. We do whatever it takes to win championships. Over the last 5-6 years I've watched these kids play ball. No chemistry. It was just individual players that needed the ball in their hands to make things work. No ounce of team defense. No urgency. I'm glad that we made the trade because Lebron and AD commands excellence.

The talent that we had over the years reminded me of the early 00's version of the Clippers. They had talented kids like Odom, Miles, Q Richardson, Dooling, Brand, Corey Maggette, Chris Wilcox, Chris Kaman, Shuan Livingston, etc. Each year, it was always that excitement because fans anticipated of them growing and getting better as they were loaded with talent. They would trade some of these guys but would bring in younger talent. That's how it felt watching the Lakers over the last few seasons. Holding onto these guys in hopes that things will click. The Clippers didn't get to the playoff until Brand's 5th year with the Clippers. They didn't have Odom, Miles, Dooling, and Q on the team anymore. Key vets like Cassell and Mobley really helped take them to the next level.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#16 » by tugs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:53 am

I'll be honest I'd like to see them all in one team.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#17 » by MadNESS » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 am

I liked Ball. I stuck up for Ingram, even though I knew he would never live up to the potential. I still miss Randle. That’s about it.

Kuzma has been my favorite young kid.

When you have a shot at Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Max FA, another nice piece, you take it. All day everyday.
LAKESHOW
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#18 » by slifersd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 am

Throwing out a cray idea here, but if we can't get any of the big deal free agents, how about we give Dlo a big offer and bring him back? Captain Leadership (Magic) is gone now, so Dlo wouldnt have any issues with the current front office guys. And his shooting ability would fit in real well next to LBJ and AD. He is no Kyrie, but he is kind of a poor man's version of Kyrie/Kemba.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

A moment of silence please... 

Post#19 » by myersia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:42 pm

I really was invested in ball but he did seem like a rich kid who always had everything given to him. I still think ball has the highest potential.

Ingram is a scorer and a decent defender. But I don’t think he will ever be a superstar.

Kuzma I think can have the longest career playing as a good role player. He also seems to really want to get better

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#20 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:19 pm

It's good that you can still watch them on the Pelicans.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Los Angeles Lakers