ImageImageImageImageImage

its seems like every free agent has too much suitors its not even funny.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

lalalaker
Sophomore
And1: 19

its seems like every free agent has too much suitors its not even funny. 

Post#1 » by lalalaker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 am

Cousins-oh boston, knicks, lakers interested. irving - 3 4 teams interested. Dlo - several team insterested, Randle, BEV, blah blah blah

is there any free agents that are of focus for 1 team specific in this years FA class. i get it teams litterally are always interested in top tier talent so its natural. But now when any player is talked about it always follows up with lakers, boston, clippers, knicks, nets, yada yada yada.my god its endless. its funny all these teams operated and opened up the cap space bc the FA class looked real good compared to recent years. Leonard, KD, Klay, cousins, Dlo, irving yeah i get it its really good. but bc KD and klay got hurt and raptors winning the championship making khawi really hard to not leave is making other teams to grasp anything thats left. but dam if a report comes out saying one team is interested in a player then whole lot more rumors come out the next day involving lakers or other teams. i hope this FA just end quicker bc the suspense is so dam time consuming with truth and lies flying everywhere.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: its seems like every free agent has too much suitors its not even funny. 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:37 am

well yeh, look at all the teams with cap room this summer
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,185

Post#3 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:10 am

Welcome too FA
Bring back Defense
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#4 » by mcscotty » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:25 am

Dr Aki wrote:well yeh, look at all the teams with cap room this summer

Supply side is very high, too. Almost 40% of the NBA is becoming an FA in one form or another. The money will dry up quickly.
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#5 » by tv24lakers » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 pm

I could certainly be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that a good share of this buzz is fabricated for the purpose of drying up a player's FA value. Following recent FA trends the bigger names will likely go first, followed closely by the second tier players. I'm curious to see how that plays out for the third tier and below FAs in terms of salaries. With the available salary room largely diminishing you have the pick of the litter, where players may be willing to take a lower than expected amount for a guaranteed contract. Could be in the Lakers best interest to play this FA Public Relations game just to swoop in and get a deep roster after the first & second tier players are secured.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#6 » by mighty_duck » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:22 pm

tv24lakers wrote:I could certainly be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that a good share of this buzz is fabricated for the purpose of drying up a player's FA value. Following recent FA trends the bigger names will likely go first, followed closely by the second tier players. I'm curious to see how that plays out for the third tier and below FAs in terms of salaries. With the available salary room largely diminishing you have the pick of the litter, where players may be willing to take a lower than expected amount for a guaranteed contract. Could be in the Lakers best interest to play this FA Public Relations game just to swoop in and get a deep roster after the first & second tier players are secured.

Yup, reminds me of the disastrous summer of 2016.

1. The teams getting the top tier made out well (Lebron, Durant, Horford).
2. Then there were a lot of teams with a lot of cash left, giving max contracts to perceived 2nd tier guys (Whiteside, Barnes, Chandler Parsons), and later regretting it.
3. And then tier 3-4 guys made ridiculous money (Deng, Mozgov, Bazemore, Turner, Crabbe, Mahiimi, Biyombo, Noah, Ryan Anderson). Say no more.
4. Teams that missed out on the top tier, then waited it out, came away with reasonable deals - Eric Gordon (4 Years, $52.9 Million), Seth Curry (2 Years, $5.9 Million), D.J. AUGUSTIN (4-years, $29 million)
5. And after the Durant signing, GSW was able to find a lot of ring chasers for cheap or minimum (West, Livingston, Zaza).

If we're lucky, we'd be able to take advantage of both the upper tier (guys who actually deserve more than a max contract - making it a good deal), and the last two (with our MLE and minimum contracts).

Return to Los Angeles Lakers