ImageImageImageImageImage

Avery Bradley Agrees To Two-Year, $9.7M Deal With Lakers

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

I_Love_This_Game!!
Pro Prospect
And1: 70

Re: Avery Bradley Agrees To Two-Year, $9.7M Deal With Lakers 

Post#21 » by I_Love_This_Game!! » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:45 pm

If Avery can contribute his career averages of 12pts, 43.6% FG, 36.4% FG3, 3rb, 1.8 ast while playing above average defense....he's exactly what we need!

PG...Lebron...Cook...Rondo
SG...Bradley...Daniels
SF...Green...KCP
PF...Davis...Kuzma
C...Cousins...McGee

There's a lot of versatility on that roster. And, I'm sure we'll pickup an upgrade at some point on the buyout market.

The Lakers are BACK!
My Dream Team
PG...Magic Johnson...Steph Curry
SG...Michael Jordan...Kobe Bryant
SF...Larry Bird...LeBron James
PF...Tim Duncan...Charles Barkley
C...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...Wilt Chamberlain
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#22 » by milesfides » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:46 pm

Good reclamation project. I like his deal way better than KCP's, because at least Bradley has proven he can be a capable 3-and-D guard.

Finished the season strong with the Grizzlies. Biggest question is can he stay healthy?

Maybe, if we limit his minutes and Vogel is able to utilize a deep rotation in the backcourt.

I'd rather pimp KCP early and hard, selling him to the highest paying John.

Then close out the season with Bradley, Green, Caruso, and Rondo in the playoffs.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#23 » by nzahir » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:49 am

milesfides wrote:Good reclamation project. I like his deal way better than KCP's, because at least Bradley has proven he can be a capable 3-and-D guard.

Finished the season strong with the Grizzlies. Biggest question is can he stay healthy?

Maybe, if we limit his minutes and Vogel is able to utilize a deep rotation in the backcourt.

Then close out the season with Bradley, Green, Caruso, and Rondo in the playoffs.

Kcp has NTC. No clue why y’all don’t get this

Rondo signing is a waste

Daniels signing is legit a waste with Cook
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#24 » by Sushisensei26 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:31 am

I think our roster, the way its constructed, may not be a high achieving regular season team but has the potential to be a championship team in the playoffs...….. if that makes sense.
Laker1
Assistant Coach
And1: 154

Post#25 » by Laker1 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:37 am

nzahir wrote:
milesfides wrote:Good reclamation project. I like his deal way better than KCP's, because at least Bradley has proven he can be a capable 3-and-D guard.

Rondo signing is a waste

KCP had a NTC last year. Are you sure he got it again this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,675

Post#26 » by dockingsched » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:39 am

Laker1 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Rondo signing is a waste

Yeah, KCP gets an automatic NTC because there’s an option on the second year. Had the second year had no option, like we initially all thought, the NTC wouldn’t kick in. Now, because he’s signing a new deal that is potentially only one year long which ends with bird rights, the NTC kicks in.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#27 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:56 am

dockingsched wrote:
Laker1 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Kcp has NTC. No clue why y’all don’t get this

Rondo signing is a waste

Yeah, KCP gets an automatic NTC because there’s an option on the second year. Had the second year had no option, like we initially all thought, the NTC wouldn’t kick in. Now, because he’s signing a new deal that is potentially only one year long which ends with bird rights, the NTC kicks in.

Yep, McGee too... Which is unfortunate on both counts, IMO.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#28 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:57 am

I'm not a big fan of KCP or really for that matter of Avery however we are not looking for them to be what we've needed the last few years which was a legit consistent scoring threat who fill a role beyond their capabilities. This year we need role players who we need much less from because we have a much deeper core of really good players who will be covering the bulk of the scoring duties.

My hope is that we've assembled 4 or 5 of these somewhat interchangeable guys and we get consistent position play from them as a group rather than individually. It's not unlike several top level teams have done in the past.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#29 » by Cafu » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:26 am

I have mixed feelings about this guy. The clippers fans hate his gut lmao but from what I remember seeing him he is still a serviceable guy and I trust him to defend opponents PG more than any one on this team. Hope this will pan out well.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#30 » by MadNESS » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:38 am

This guy plays good with good players around him.

I think with Lebron and AD in his ear, and a solid coaching staff, he will bounce back stronger than ever. He is only 28.

I think mid season, we will all be very happy with him.

He can defend the heck out of the ball when he wants to be, and he can shoot the 3.
LAKESHOW
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#31 » by Slava » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:00 am

Why do you guys keep saying he is a good defender? He's not had a single season with positive DRPM or box plus minus for 4 years now. He's cooked and living on past reputation. You should know Ainge sells players at the right time.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#32 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:31 am

Nice, we got avery, and the Clips goin for andre.
we had best get on that train. Theyre lookin for points outside their 2. Tryin to make a 2 and a half. Weve also got 2 reliables. Add Iggy, albeit a guy with mileage, and well have an edge scoring points and experience. I just dont know if he would follow the Bron train vs his past relationship with West and GS
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#33 » by JVL » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:47 am

Slava wrote:He sucks and hasn't been good since his penultimate Celtics season.

Finally, glad someone said it. He's legit trash right now and has had no impact on any of the teams he's been on since 2016.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#34 » by mcscotty » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:21 am

Anyone who's doubting Bradley should go watch a few Grizzlies games. He's got his legs back and seems to have developed a better passing game. He can switch between both positions in the backcourt on O and D. He'll start for this team. Really enthusiastic about what he's going to bring.
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#35 » by mcscotty » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:26 am

Can't help but think a lot of the hate on this forum toward new additions is the concern that they'll eat into your favorite player's minutes. Particularly if it's Kuzma or Caruso. Caruso has established himself as the Jeremy Lin for average Joe white boys. It's a little annoying.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#36 » by JVL » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:13 pm

mcscotty wrote:Anyone who's doubting Bradley should go watch a few Grizzlies games. He's got his legs back and seems to have developed a better passing game. He can switch between both positions in the backcourt on O and D. He'll start for this team. Really enthusiastic about what he's going to bring.

His advanced stats don't show any recovery except a slight offensive improvement (and he's not going to take 13+ shots per game for us) but a pretty significant defensive decline. He posted negative POE/PIPM/RPM/RAPM impact stats and scored in the lowest 15% of the league on almost all his offensive impact metrics.

The only thing where I'm slightly optimistic about is his 38% 3P shooting in Memphis last year. He shot well from the corner (53.8%), while only taking about 1/10th of his 3PA in a corner spot. He was only assisted on about 60% of his 3P attempts. That should improve to 90+ on this team.

TLDR: let him stand in the corner and shoot open 3s. Put him on the weakest offensive guard of the opposing team. He shouldn't do anything else but that. He particularly shouldn't be taking mid-ranged jumpers or 3P shots anywhere but in the corner.
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#37 » by mcscotty » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:47 pm

JVL wrote:
mcscotty wrote:Anyone who's doubting Bradley should go watch a few Grizzlies games. He's got his legs back and seems to have developed a better passing game. He can switch between both positions in the backcourt on O and D. He'll start for this team. Really enthusiastic about what he's going to bring.

His advanced stats don't show any recovery except a slight offensive improvement (and he's not going to take 13+ shots per game for us) but a pretty significant defensive decline. He posted negative POE/PIPM/RPM/RAPM impact stats and scored in the lowest 15% of the league on almost all his offensive impact metrics.

The only thing where I'm slightly optimistic about is his 38% 3P shooting in Memphis last year. He shot well from the corner (53.8%), while only taking about 1/10th of his 3PA in a corner spot. He was only assisted on about 60% of his 3P attempts. That should improve to 90+ on this team.

TLDR: let him stand in the corner and shoot open 3s. Put him on the weakest offensive guard of the opposing team. He shouldn't do anything else but that. He particularly shouldn't be taking mid-ranged jumpers or 3P shots anywhere but in the corner.

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics. Jerry West beats Daryl Morey every day of the week. The eye test looks real good.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#38 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:57 pm

nzahir wrote:

Rondo signing is a waste

We know he had one last year, how do you know he has one this year?
Forum permissions