Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Lebron to be moved to Point Guard 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter

I mean, unless they expect him to guard PG’s, which I can’t imagine he can handle, this is kind of meaningless.

Guessing this means the starting backcourt will for sure be KCP-Green.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: Lebron to be moved to Point Guard 

Post#2 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:03 pm

This seems to suggest Kuz will likely start. I doubt Lebron will guard any PG. I'd need to know more about what defensive schemes we will implement before I bash this move.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Penberthy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:10 pm

Lebron (32) Rondo (16) Cook
Green (26) Caruso (22) Bradley
Kuzma (24) KCP (24) Daniels THT
AD (32) Kuzma (8) Dudley (8)
Cousins (28) McGee (20)

Lebron guards the SG and Green/Caruso take the PG. Lebron and Rondo never see the floor at the same time.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Post#4 » by thebigbird » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:15 pm

This is great news because it means Rondo won't be starting with LeBron, which means (1) plenty of spacing and (2) Rondo runs the second unit. They'll still have two guards + Lebron starting, imo. Vogel is known as a defensive coach so i'm not worried about them figuring out that end. My biggest worry was that they'd start Rondo.
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#5 » by King23James » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:56 pm

Lebron will be easy best point guard in league, majority of point guards this days are scorers (ala kyrie, curry, lillard ) more then true point guards ( nash, kidd, paul, stcokton, magic days gone).
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#6 » by Rosque » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:21 pm

Penberthy wrote:Lebron (32) Rondo (16) Cook
Cousins (28) McGee (20)

Lebron guards the SG and Green/Caruso take the PG. Lebron and Rondo never see the floor at the same time.

Cmon guys. Kuzma is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! a small forward.

This just paves the way to start Avery Bradley and Green besides LeBron and then AD and DMC. Bench of Rondo, Caruso, KCP, Daniels, Dudley, McGee.

Also, he will NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! defend opposing point guards.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#7 » by Slava » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:21 pm

I hope he doesn't have to bring the ball up the court every possession.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#8 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:27 pm

Well we started talking about this in the other thread, but...

I think like the showtime lakers... If you start Lebron in Magic's role, you need a small, defensive-minded, pg to defend for him... Nixon = Avery Bradley
Green doesn't seem like the defensive answer to those situations... Maybe if he was younger, like Scott when he had young legs... KCP?

I'm still not sold on Kuz starting right out the gate... Let him earn it... He was a marginal starter last season, when his competition was Ingram...

I'm guessing we end up with
Lebron
AB
Green
AD
McGee/Cousins...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#9 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:10 pm

I’m all for making the league react to us.

PG: LeBron James
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kyle Kuzma
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Javale McGee

I wouldn’t want to defend against that group running the fast break.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#10 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:23 pm

Rosque wrote:
Cousins (28) McGee (20)

This just paves the way to start Avery Bradley and Green besides LeBron and then AD and DMC. Bench of Rondo, Caruso, KCP, Daniels, Dudley, McGee.

I actually think KCP starts over Bradley. KCP has got to the tools to be a good small ball 3 in this league (when he bothers to play D).
Numbers rule the universe.
Rosque
Analyst

Post#11 » by Rosque » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:28 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Cousins (28) McGee (20)

I actually think KCP starts over Bradley. KCP has got to the tools to be a good small ball 3 in this league (when he bothers to play D).

small ball 3? so where does lebron play? cos he's a small forward and not a point guard. it's just semantics
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#12 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:30 pm

Nice analogy to Showtme era.
Well if were using that...
Magic-Bron
Scott-Green
AC Green-Kuz
Worthy-AD
Kareem-Boogie
Lets see ... No it dont fully work. But maybe some other combo might...
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#13 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:40 pm

Rosque wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
Rosque wrote:

small ball 3? so where does lebron play? cos he's a small forward and not a point guard. it's just semantics

WTH? He plays point, which is what the article says. Why are people worried about Lebron’s defense at the point. LeBron has a WAY, WAY, better chance of guarding opposing PGs in this league than vice versa.
Numbers rule the universe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm actually really interested about what Quin Cook can give us... At 6'2" and only 26, he could be our top 3 and D guard if he embraced that role... Daniels too...

So it'll be interesting to see what we get from our 'platoon' at guard...
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#15 » by TKainZero » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:00 pm

Kilroy wrote:Well we started talking about this in the other thread, but...

I think like the showtime lakers... If you start Lebron in Magic's role, you need a small, defensive-minded, pg to defend for him... Nixon = Avery Bradley
Green doesn't seem like the defensive answer to those situations... Maybe if he was younger, like Scott when he had young legs... KCP?

I'm still not sold on Kuz starting right out the gate... Let him earn it... He was a marginal starter last season, when his competition was Ingram...

I'm guessing we end up with
Lebron
AB
Green
AD
McGee/Cousins...

I have to disagree with kuz being a marginal starter.

Dude dropped 40 in his first start last season. And was the only constant force throughout the year.

Plus, by all indications, he is working on his game.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Rosque
Analyst

Post#16 » by Rosque » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:00 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

WTH? He plays point, which is what the article says. Why are people worried about Lebron’s defense at the point. LeBron has a WAY, WAY, better chance of guarding opposing PGs in this league than vice versa.

He will be a playmaker. He will not play a point guard. Why are people so bent over backwards over this? I don't want 35 yrs old lebron guarding young, springy point guards. He will get cooked so much because he has lost his lateral movement. Avery Bradley or Rondo are starting, Green is also starting, LeBron is starting and either Boogie/McGee are starting. If you wanna tell me that Vogel will not start Bradley or Rondo and that he will have 4 point guards (cook, rondo, Caruso, Bradley who is not a WING as many say here but rather a full-on guard that is capable of guarding exclusively point guards) on the bench you should have your posting privileges revoked, imo. Or you wanna tell me that Rondo is a shooting guard in that lineup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmon guys, think logically with your noggin, don't be sheep
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#17 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:03 pm

This offense is about to be scary good.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#18 » by dockingsched » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:14 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

No one is going to guard Lebron with their PG :lol:

Opposing PG’s will guard KCP/Green/Bradley
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#19 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm not even sure I understand what this means at this point... He already was the primary facilitator in the half court... What's the difference between calling him a Point Forward and a Point Guard? Other than the physical makeup of the other guys on the court with him.
If it is just a way to get Kuz in the starting lineup, then it's a gimmick... And Gimmicky offenses don't last very long on teams that expect to win a lot of games.
I mean if this was a way to get a player of Kawhi's stature into his comfortable spot in the rotation, fine... But for Kuzma?
Rosque
Analyst

Post#20 » by Rosque » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:46 pm

Guys out here rly think Kerr or Doc gonna put Curry/DLo or Sweet Lou Will on Bron on defense.. come on yall make me laugh

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Return to Los Angeles Lakers