ImageImageImageImageImage

Buyout Market

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Buyout Market 

Post#1 » by tv24lakers » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:47 pm

What players do you believe may become available this season, whether before or during?

Rumor has it that the following players will likely receive a buyout before the season kicks off...
Kyle Korver
JR Smith
Iguodala
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: Buyout Market 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:29 am

Come trade deadline, Marcus Morris lol
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#3 » by tv24lakers » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Come trade deadline, Marcus Morris lol

I haven't kept up with Marcus. Is he signing w/ the Spurs or the Knicks?

If Toronto is not a top 4 seed in the Eastern Conference by All Star weekend it would not surprise me if they start to trade or release some of their expiring contracts to jump start their rebuilding. & it would serve as an act of good will to the more tenured players, allowing them to join a contender.
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#4 » by tv24lakers » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 am

Any possibility OKC buys out Chris Paul?
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 am

I am still trying to come to grips with having Cousins on this team and still overjoyed we have so far passed on Melo.... I'd need therapy if we somehow put Chris Paul on this team.
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#6 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 am

Landsberger wrote:I am still trying to come to grips with having Cousins on this team and still overjoyed we have so far passed on Melo.... I'd need therapy if we somehow put Chris Paul on this team.

Sorry, I’m not following. Do you believe a CP3 addition, salary aside, be more beneficial or detrimental?
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#7 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 am

tv24lakers wrote:Any possibility OKC buys out Chris Paul?

Highly unlikely, CP3 will wanna give up on like a 100 mil for a chance at a ring. Or OKC just give him a cheque for 100 mil to go help himself to a ring. They could've kept RWB and asked Houston to take a walk with their 3 picks.

That aside, let's stop disrespecting legit HOF PG, who perhaps has little less patience for bull, regardless if it comes from Doc Rivers or James Harden and Mike D'Antoni. Agreed, he's ageing, but Steph Curry isn't exactly knocking on our doors.

And Houston Rockets didn't win those games only just cos Harden went on a nice run. They had to beg Jeff Bzdelik to come out of retirement cos D'Antony and Harden didn't know what hit them.

Russ for CP3 sounds good on paper, cos of CP3's age concerns, but CP3 was perhaps the best foil for Harden's game. I'd be amazed if the Rockets even crack through the first round next year. That kinda basketball doesn't win in the playoffs.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#8 » by Landsberger » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:34 am

tv24lakers wrote:
Landsberger wrote:I am still trying to come to grips with having Cousins on this team and still overjoyed we have so far passed on Melo.... I'd need therapy if we somehow put Chris Paul on this team.

Sorry, I’m not following. Do you believe a CP3 addition, salary aside, be more beneficial or detrimental?

Without going into it.... I would rather not have the Lakers associated with Paul.... ever.
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#9 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:09 am

lazybatman wrote:
tv24lakers wrote:Any possibility OKC buys out Chris Paul?

Highly unlikely, CP3 will wanna give up on like a 100 mil for a chance at a ring. Or OKC just give him a cheque for 100 mil to go help himself to a ring. They could've kept RWB and asked Houston to take a walk with their 3 picks.

That aside, let's stop disrespecting legit HOF PG, who perhaps has little less patience for bull, regardless if it comes from Doc Rivers or James Harden and Mike D'Antoni. Agreed, he's ageing, but Steph Curry isn't exactly knocking on our doors.

And Houston Rockets didn't win those games only just cos Harden went on a nice run. They had to beg Jeff Bzdelik to come out of retirement cos D'Antony and Harden didn't know what hit them.

Russ for CP3 sounds good on paper, cos of CP3's age concerns, but CP3 was perhaps the best foil for Harden's game. I'd be amazed if the Rockets even crack through the first round next year. That kinda basketball doesn't win in the playoffs.

Agreed, CP3 has roughly $123m coming to him. I doubt he would take any less than $100m in a buyout. I’m sure OKC is trying to shop him around. I don’t foresee teams lining up to take on that contract.

Possibly ship CP3 to Atlanta coupled with picks for expiring contracts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers